Page 133 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3383123128129130131132133134135136137138143 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2167

Thread: Forgot the name of a game? Post here.

Thanks

Thanks guys!

Thanks

Default An old adventurous puzzle game

Hi. Several years ago I played an adventerous first person game which was awesome but now I can't remember it's name. At the begining of the game you enter an old town and you can see an old man playing guitar in front of a restaurant. Moving forward is done by clicking in middle of the screen; The player seems to be searching for some clues about past. I'd be grateful if you help me find its name.

Thanks

Hello. Several years ago i played a cartidge/cassete game. It was either chinese or Japanese version.the player selects one character from 4 or something characters. It was played like contra. Character used fists or energy like thing which shot a few centimeters ahead into screen. The stages consists of first killing several minions while moving ahead, jumping and dodging boulders from sky. At end a stair led to boss fight. Some text came and we have to select something among them. I didn't know the language so i randomly selected an option. After killing boss a circle of flame came and one of the flame was extinguished. I will be grateful for your help if you know about it.

Thanks

Hello again, since my last question has not been answered yet. I remembered another game I am also still looking for.

System: NES

Time Frame: Mid 80s-Early 90s

Language: English, assuming US since I didn't have overseas games (unless NES was not region locked)

Hints/Clues:

I remember this game being an action game of sorts. You controlled one person who was human (maybe a soldier although I don't remember shooting) who goes through levels. The perspective changes some times from top down to side scrolling. A couple of the levels I remember are only was a side scrolling water level where you fight divers with harpoons. Another was there it was a boss fight (I think?) and it was top down and you had to survive against tanks.

One of the last levels (near the end of the game I believe) you either fight through a base or some installation, side scroll style until you get to what looks like a silver trailer, you fight a boss but at the end he either gets away or you leave in a helicopter. There was some mention about congratulations and mission in there.

It was all on foot I believe, I don't remember controlling vehicles.

Any help is appreciated.

UNSOLVED

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by amir.7495 View Post
    Hi. Several years ago I played an adventerous first person game which was awesome but now I can't remember it's name. At the begining of the game you enter an old town and you can see an old man playing guitar in front of a restaurant. Moving forward is done by clicking in middle of the screen; The player seems to be searching for some clues about past. I'd be grateful if you help me find its name.
    Bards Tale

Quote Originally Posted by Avkash95 View Post
    Hello. Several years ago i played a cartidge/cassete game. It was either chinese or Japanese version.the player selects one character from 4 or something characters. It was played like contra. Character used fists or energy like thing which shot a few centimeters ahead into screen. The stages consists of first killing several minions while moving ahead, jumping and dodging boulders from sky. At end a stair led to boss fight. Some text came and we have to select something among them. I didn't know the language so i randomly selected an option. After killing boss a circle of flame came and one of the flame was extinguished. I will be grateful for your help if you know about it.
    Your description is pretty generic. Very hard to pinpoint it. Do you at least remember what game system it was for or what the cartridge was shaped like?

Quote Originally Posted by cdjinfinity View Post
    Hello again, since my last question has not been answered yet. I remembered another game I am also still looking for.

System: NES

Time Frame: Mid 80s-Early 90s

Language: English, assuming US since I didn't have overseas games (unless NES was not region locked)

Hints/Clues:

I remember this game being an action game of sorts. You controlled one person who was human (maybe a soldier although I don't remember shooting) who goes through levels. The perspective changes some times from top down to side scrolling. A couple of the levels I remember are only was a side scrolling water level where you fight divers with harpoons. Another was there it was a boss fight (I think?) and it was top down and you had to survive against tanks.

One of the last levels (near the end of the game I believe) you either fight through a base or some installation, side scroll style until you get to what looks like a silver trailer, you fight a boss but at the end he either gets away or you leave in a helicopter. There was some mention about congratulations and mission in there.

It was all on foot I believe, I don't remember controlling vehicles.

Any help is appreciated.

UNSOLVED
    My brother said to try Rambo, though it looks like there is no top-down segments and at some point you might get a gun. He also suggested Metal Gear and one of the Contra titles, though we only owned Contra 1. Each of these games gives you guns though.
    Last edited by Jazzmarazz; 18th-January-2017 at 18:51.

Thanks

Nobody's commented on this one so I'm going to post it again. It was most likely for a Sega system, but I'm not completely sure. It's a platformer, the protagonist is a metal toy soldier (maybe a knight?) in a kid's room, and one of the enemies you face is an analog alarm clock that rings and throws off some sort of projectile that arcs toward you. The graphics were pixillated sprites, but were higher-resolution than SNES sprites.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Flexico View Post
    Nobody's commented on this one so I'm going to post it again. It was most likely for a Sega system, but I'm not completely sure. It's a platformer, the protagonist is a metal toy soldier (maybe a knight?) in a kid's room, and one of the enemies you face is an analog alarm clock that rings and throws off some sort of projectile that arcs toward you. The graphics were pixillated sprites, but were higher-resolution than SNES sprites.
    Only game I can think of right now is Clockwork Knight.

Could be wrong though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Baker View Post
    I've forgotten the name of an Android Mobile game. It's a 2D top down animated game about a small robot like creature that must navigate a (space port??) by following a maze, shifting crates that block its passage, activating doorways by switches etc, all the while trying to avoid increasingly more powerful traps, lasers, electric shocks, other robots etc..
    I thought the name of robot/game began with 'C'... but.......... well it could just as easily be the 'other left'... lol
    Any help much appreciated thanks...

Current Status UNSOLVED
    Replica Island or Cordy ?

Edit: Oh wait, neither of those are top-down. Sorry!
    Last edited by Searcher17; 20th-January-2017 at 10:18.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmcd View Post
    Only game I can think of right now is Clockwork Knight.

Could be wrong though.
    That's the one! Thank you!

Thanks

My brother said to try Rambo, though it looks like there is no top-down segments and at some point you might get a gun. He also suggested Metal Gear and one of the Contra titles, though we only owned Contra 1. Each of these games gives you guns though.

Tried Rambo, no luck, took a look at Metal Gear for NES and checked both of the ones for NES, playing through Contra's other games now (only remember ever playing 1, and that's not it either...)

Sorry, none of those were it. It's still UNSOLVED. I appreciate the help though. I realize it's a long shot.

Thanks

Greetings friends. Here's to hoping you can help me.

I'm looking for an old PC game where you take over the solar system. I remember that you looked upon the solar system in a kind of 3/4 view with the star at the center. It was turn based, i believe. You start of on a single planet and you can send probes to the other planets, build ships, and eventually conquer any inhabited planets you find. The distinct thing that I remember was that the view never really changed from that 3/4 perspective. It was a simple game, and when you were able to take over a planet, I remember that a ring around it would show that it was yours, with different colors for each civ. I also remember that, at the time, you had to have a pretty high resolution monitor in order to fit the entire thing on your screen. It might have even been one of those free games that were so popular at that time. I can't really remember much more than that unfortunately. It was probably 15 years ago or so that it was released/popular.

I'm hoping that you guys can help me in this, as I tried google with what little I could remember and couldn't find it.

Solved: Game was called Solar Wars
    Last edited by animelover4all; 16th-February-2017 at 10:33. Reason: Solved

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by animelover4all View Post
    Greetings friends. Here's to hoping you can help me.

I'm looking for an old PC game where you take over the solar system. I remember that you looked upon the solar system in a kind of 3/4 view with the star at the center. It was turn based, i believe. You start of on a single planet and you can send probes to the other planets, build ships, and eventually conquer any inhabited planets you find. The distinct thing that I remember was that the view never really changed from that 3/4 perspective. It was a simple game, and when you were able to take over a planet, I remember that a ring around it would show that it was yours, with different colors for each civ. I also remember that, at the time, you had to have a pretty high resolution monitor in order to fit the entire thing on your screen. It might have even been one of those free games that were so popular at that time. I can't really remember much more than that unfortunately. It was probably 15 years ago or so that it was released/popular.

I'm hoping that you guys can help me in this, as I tried google with what little I could remember and couldn't find it.

Unsolved
    My first two guesses would be any of the Space Empires games, or Master of Orion. Both came out in 1993, had multiple sequels, etc. Probably best to just look up screenshots of both yourself to see if they're close.

Thanks

Default Old contra type game.

I dont know the system or cartridge.
    It was probably gameboy. I am from india.

First you selected one character to play.
    It was contra like game. Character ran from left to right. He couldnt go back to left. Only right side like contra.

The fight was probably close quarters.
    Range of the attack is not very long. Only a few centimeters ahead. Range varied per character. It increased after killing some amount of minnions for that character. Max range also varied per character.
    The size of character was similar to contra.
    Enemy minion characters probably of same size.

In the boss fight it was turn wise, kinda like pokemon. I could also dodge some attacks somehow. We chose a command which was probably a attack move from the few options like pokemon. I didn't know any text as it was in another language.

In 3rd or 4th boss fight i always lost. unless i chose 1 particular character before boss fight. This character was blackened and removed from screen if killed by that boss. In return i could continue the game with remaining characters.
    When all characters (4 or 6) died game's over.
    The circle of blue flame screen probably showed no. Of stages or boss fights.

I never completed that game.

It was probably called 'goldstone' or 'coldstone'or maybe 'story' or 'store'.
    I dont remember the name properly.
    Maybe it was none of the above.

Unsolved

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colamisu View Post
    My first two guesses would be any of the Space Empires games, or Master of Orion. Both came out in 1993, had multiple sequels, etc. Probably best to just look up screenshots of both yourself to see if they're close.
    Thank you for the quick reply. Sadly it's not either of those games, but thanks anyways for the recommendations. While checking out those 2 as possibilities, I did stumble upon the game I was looking for. It's was called Solar Wars, ran in windows 98. It's much more simplistic compared to those other games.

Thanks

I have a few memories of NES games, but I don't have the names of them sadly. I remember I used to love to be able to switch to a different "class" or playstyle during some of the games, like getting mounts in Donkey Kong etc. But there's this one NES game, I think it was a platformer, which let you switch to different animals(I think?), like frog and bunny, maybe?(And no it's not Mario 3). This was as the story progressed. Got any idea?