Page 132 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3282122127128129130131132133134135136137142 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2167

Thread: Forgot the name of a game? Post here.

Thanks
    EP Points

this would help maybe? http://www.gamasutra.com/view/featur...d_.php?print=1 (it does have information about ball and paddle block games)

Quote Originally Posted by GeminiSparkSP View Post
    Been a while since the last time I was here. I could use some help finding an old, casual PC game I once played.

Here's what I can tell you:
    It's a ball-and-paddle block-breaker game
    3D graphics
    Very colorful
    The "paddle" looks like a vehicle or something.
    The blocks can come in stacks, so it's almost like you're destroying a structure instead of a set of bricks
    The powerups you get include a pair of guns on your sides, a cannonball, a missile/rocket, ball speed up and down, and some others I can't remember
    I think it's released before 2012

I'd very much like to see this game again. Your help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Ammosh; 29th-October-2016 at 12:43.
    Ấ๗๗Ổồồ$ђ˙•٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠•˙

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ammosh View Post
    this would help maybe? http://www.gamasutra.com/view/featur...d_.php?print=1 (it does have information about ball and paddle block games)
    It actually does. The game I'm looking for is the Magic Ball series. Thanks a lot.

Thanks
    EP Points

sure glad I helped.
    Ấ๗๗Ổồồ$ђ˙•٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠•˙

Thanks
    EP Points

So all I can remember is that it was a demo on the wii and that's how I found it. It was a top-down puzzle/horror game that looks kinda anime-ish (Every time I try and remember it I think about the graphics from DreadOut, but that might be because i've been playing that a lot recently xP). You could only move in the light parts and if you stepped into the dark bits hands would grab you and you'll have to restart the level. The aim of each level was to use objects and such to move from 1 side of the room to the exit door by making paths of light so you where able to go to the exit door.

Any help is appreciated ^.^

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by skylarkblue1 View Post
    So all I can remember is that it was a demo on the wii and that's how I found it. It was a top-down puzzle/horror game that looks kinda anime-ish (Every time I try and remember it I think about the graphics from DreadOut, but that might be because i've been playing that a lot recently xP). You could only move in the light parts and if you stepped into the dark bits hands would grab you and you'll have to restart the level. The aim of each level was to use objects and such to move from 1 side of the room to the exit door by making paths of light so you where able to go to the exit door.

Any help is appreciated ^.^
    You're looking for LIT.

Thanks

I've forgotten the name of an Android Mobile game. It's a 2D top down animated game about a small robot like creature that must navigate a (space port??) by following a maze, shifting crates that block its passage, activating doorways by switches etc, all the while trying to avoid increasingly more powerful traps, lasers, electric shocks, other robots etc..
    I thought the name of robot/game began with 'C'... but.......... well it could just as easily be the 'other left'... lol
    Any help much appreciated thanks...

Current Status UNSOLVED
    Last edited by Tim Baker; 7th-November-2016 at 10:06.

Thanks

Default Any help on naming this game

I think it was on the Nintendo or maybe the Sega Genesis back in the late 80's or early 90's. It would have you sneaking through stages dodging spotlights and maybe guards by diving in windows and crawling on the ground. At the end of the stage you would have a sniper rifle aimed at a building and trying to shoot a figure in the window. I know it's a bad description. Memory isn't what it used to be. I've been thinking about this game for at least 10yrs on and off. Any help on the name of it

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
    I think it was on the Nintendo or maybe the Sega Genesis back in the late 80's or early 90's. It would have you sneaking through stages dodging spotlights and maybe guards by diving in windows and crawling on the ground. At the end of the stage you would have a sniper rifle aimed at a building and trying to shoot a figure in the window. I know it's a bad description. Memory isn't what it used to be. I've been thinking about this game for at least 10yrs on and off. Any help on the name of it
    I believe the game you're thinking of was called Rescue: The embassy mission on NES http://www.gamefaqs.com/nes/587567-r...mission/images, though it seemed to go by a different name on the Amiga C64 and Mac(I remember my family owning the Amiga version many years ago).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rmcin329 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Would like to ask about a game on PS1. Below are some memories that I'm still remember. Hope you guys could help.

It's a fishing game that the interface and the characters are almost similar as pokemon. In the intro of the game, I remember the short clip is about a young boy walking with his father and suddenly a black shining fish jumps out from the lake. While in the game, there are shops for you to sell the fishes, buying baits and etc, and a hotel for you to sleep to regain your energy. For each map, you will have to complete a quest in order to move to other maps. Based on my memories, on the first map, I will have to play until a wild monkey appeared in the forest and purchase medicine for it. On the second map, I am requested to catch a specific fish with a fixed weight.That's all I could recall.

I played that game at around year 2000 to 2001. Thanks for helping

Thanks

Question

Okay, so there's this game I've been trying to recall the name of for the longest time. My gut's telling me it's probably somehow tied into the Ridge Racer franchise, but I won't swear to that. I think it was PS2-era.

It was an arcade racer, from what I could tell. I mostly remember it from a review on Judgement Day back before G4 completely consumed TechTV; and one of the show's hosts, Tommy Tallarico I think his name was, stated his rather intense distaste for the vehicles' handling in the game.

The only thing I can't recall is the name. If I knew that, I'd have found the game already. One of the other things I can recall is a long-jump style mode where you just simply drove the car off a ramp as fast as you could to get the most distance. Aside from that, it appeared to use time rather than actual track position to keep track of your placement in the race, more like a rally race than a regular road race. I wish I could remember more.

Thanks

Hi guys, I hope this thread is still active
    I've been wanting to play this game for YEARS but I can't remember it at all.
    It's for the PSX/Playstation 1. - It's an RPG, All I remember is that I chose to use a character with Magic and you start in some kind of forest area, there are three Warriors/Wizards huddled in a circle next to a huge gate, they talk and I _Think_ They kill each other or walk away, further on in the game, perhaps 30 minutes after the 1st "Quest" you come to a town and it's collapsing, as soon as you enter the town it shows a wooden sign fall to the ground from where it was hanging.
    The dungeons at the beginning also mainly consist of bats and insects. - please help me find it! Thank you!

Thanks

Default Trying to find some old games

There are three games I want to find that I played as a kid at friends' houses, but I don't know the names of them, so I can't find the ROM downloads. Could you guys take a look at my descriptions and see if you recognize any of them? (Pretty sure it was early to mid-ninety's that I played these.)

The first one I'm 99% sure was for the PS1. It involved a wide variety of vehicles, from cars and trucks to an earthmover and even a tank, collecting weapons and power-ups to blast each other with. One of the weapons I remember would freeze its target inside a giant ice cube.

In another one, a platformer, the protagonist is a metal toy soldier in a kid's room, and one of the enemies you face is an analog alarm clock that rings and throws off some sort of projectile that arcs toward you. The graphics were pixillated sprites, but were much higher-resolution than SNES sprites.

The last one had the same type of graphics as the previous one. The protagonist is a cat, or perhaps a fox, wearing a red-and-white t-shirt. The extra-life item is a sprite of the shirt (I think it had an "!" or a "1" on it). In the first couple of levels, you could jump up on trees and they would spring you higher if you timed the jump right.

Thanks for your time, and I hope we can find them!
    Last edited by Flexico; 8th-January-2017 at 01:11.

Thanks
    EP Points

The first one is almost definitely Twisted Metal. There were 3 of them on the PS1. 2 was the most popular iirc.

Edit: come to think of it there were a few other games like it too for the ps1.
    Last edited by Zaladane; 6th-January-2017 at 07:56.

Thanks

Thanks! I'll check them out.

Thanks
    EP Points

Third one is Bubsy. Or Bubsy 2.