Page 126 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2676116121122123124125126127128129130131136 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2167

Thread: Forgot the name of a game? Post here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Searcher17 View Post
    Nah doesn't look like it, gunna check that one out though.

Sorry I can't be more specific.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Thanks

Hello everybody

I have a game that I've played a long time ago and from which I don't know the name. It is at least 10 years old(I think). It is a 2D space game where you control a ship. This ship is controlled very similarily to the game "Asteroid" or "Lunar Lander"(you need to use your booster to affect your direction. Turning itself does not affect it). You are given limited fuel and as far as I remember the main goal was to land on a sort of landing pad. The game consits of many levels increasing in difficulity and later on there are enemy cannons(normal ones that just shoot straight[gray] as you pass by, then red ones that shoot faster and a type that could aim at you), lasers and doors that need to be opened by switches at which you have to shoot. I think you could select between three different ships at the beginning. One(I think it was orange) was quite heavy and difficult to control, but had a strong weapon. One was pink I believe and was not too heavy and had quite a good gun. The last one was blue and very maneuverable but had a weak gun.
    The game had 8-Bit graphics I think.
    You don't have any hitpoints in this game. One hit kills you.
    It was tons of fun when I played it as a kid
    I'm sorry if my english isn't that well. I hope you could understand it.
    Thanks for your Support

Have a nice day

UNSOLVED

Edit1: Oh Right I just remembered that sometimes you needed to pickup something with your tractor beam
    Last edited by TheJWays; 8th-November-2015 at 00:34.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheJWays View Post
    Hello everybody

I have a game that I've played a long time ago and from which I don't know the name. It is at least 10 years old(I think). It is a 2D space game where you control a ship. This ship is controlled very similarily to the game "Asteroid" or "Lunar Lander"(you need to use your booster to affect your direction. Turning itself does not affect it). You are given limited fuel and as far as I remember the main goal was to land on a sort of landing pad. The game consits of many levels increasing in difficulity and later on there are enemy cannons(normal ones that just shoot straight[gray] as you pass by, then red ones that shoot faster and a type that could aim at you), lasers and doors that need to be opened by switches at which you have to shoot. I think you could select between three different ships at the beginning. One(I think it was orange) was quite heavy and difficult to control, but had a strong weapon. One was pink I believe and was not too heavy and had quite a good gun. The last one was blue and very maneuverable but had a weak gun.
    Thanks for your Support

Have a nice day

UNSOLVED

Edit1: Oh Right I just remembered that sometimes you needed to pickup something with your tractor beam
    Solar Jetman for the NES?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by TheJWays View Post
    Hello everybody

Thanks for your Support

Have a nice day

UNSOLVED

Has a few similarities to Solar Jetman on the NES, but enough differences that I could be mistaken. Video in spoiler below:

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Too slow Colamisu!
    Quote Originally Posted by flash1987 View Post
    I remember playing a side scrolling shmup on the Genesis (or could possibly be 32x) when I was pretty young and would like to play it again.

It was horizontal, left to right shooter. But you didn't control a ship from what I remember. It was either a person with wings or riding something with wings possibly. There were item shops along the way. It wasn't super difficult as I was very young and still able to complete it with my cousin so I don't think it's a hardcore shmup.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
    How about Fantasy Zone?
    http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/fan...antasyzone.htm
    Whatever it is, it definitely sounds like a cute'em up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colamisu View Post
    Has a few similarities to Solar Jetman on the NES, but enough differences that I could be mistaken. Video in spoiler below:

Spoiler warning:
    Thanks for your help. Unfortunately it is not the game I am looking for. I did play it on the PC with out an emulator. I also just remembered that your target was to pick up some sort of rock and drop it on some kind of pad...

Thanks

Default Looking for some games I don't know the names of?

Hi everyone, don't know if I'm in the right place but...
    Recently I've began to emulate some old games I used to play when I was about 8 which means from 9 years ago... Mainly from the Super Mario series.
    I remember I played some games that I'd like to play again but I don't know their names...
    One was a 2D game about someone like a thief moving towards up (I think) to reach the end of the level. It was an old cartridge of the square ones for non-advance game boys. The "thief" was dresses in purple. Not Sly Cooper.
    The other one was similar to a Super Mario, from that series indeed. I hardly believe this actually exists. It was another square cartridge loaded with a Super Mario with purple-like colors. Strange as f*ck, maybe a fake.
    The last one is another Mario, but in better video quality and colored. Still a 2D game. Probably from the Mario & Luigi series.
    ALL THESE GAMES RAN ON A GAME BOY ADVANCE AT THE TIME
    Sorry for the grammatical mistakes, I'm not english.
    Thanks!!

Inviato dal mio iPod touch utilizzando Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DEXj98 View Post
    Hi everyone, don't know if I'm in the right place but...
    Recently I've began to emulate some old games I used to play when I was about 8 which means from 9 years ago... Mainly from the Super Mario series.
    I remember I played some games that I'd like to play again but I don't know their names...
    What region were the games from? If they had an Italian language option, they were probably PAL. The Gameboy could play games from any country, but some places got different or modified versions.

One was a 2D game about someone like a thief moving towards up (I think) to reach the end of the level. It was an old cartridge of the square ones for non-advance game boys. The "thief" was dresses in purple. Not Sly Cooper.
    Maybe one of the Crazy Castle games? Different regions had different brandings and characters, like Mickey Mouse, Bugs Bunny, or Woody Woodpecker.

The other one was similar to a Super Mario, from that series indeed. I hardly believe this actually exists. It was another square cartridge loaded with a Super Mario with purple-like colors. Strange as f*ck, maybe a fake.
    I guess this could be Bug's Life, for the Gameboy Color? Or maybe one of the Warioland games?

The last one is another Mario, but in better video quality and colored. Still a 2D game. Probably from the Mario & Luigi series.
    When you say Mario, do you mean the game included the character Mario? Or do you mean the same style of gameplay, with lots of running and jumping (a "platformer")? The best looking Mario-series platformer on the Gameboy/GBC was Warioland 3.

Thanks

There's also Mario Bros Deluxe, which was a port/remake of SMB1 that added a bunch of extra features. Not as nice looking as Warioland (or SML 3, or whatever it was sold as). Expanding that out to the GBA, you've also got the remakes of basically every SNES Mario game in the ridiculous order they were released (Which, IIRC was: Super Mario Advance 1 - which was Super Mario Bros 2, Super Mario Advance 2 being Yoshi's Island, Super Mario Advance 3 is Super Mario World and Super Mario Advance 4 was Super Mario Bros 3).

But its probably not the one of the Mario & Luigi games, as they're 3D releases.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Searcher17 View Post
    What region were the games from? If they had an Italian language option, they were probably PAL. The Gameboy could play games from any country, but some places got different or modified versions.

Maybe one of the Crazy Castle games? Different regions had different brandings and characters, like Mickey Mouse, Bugs Bunny, or Woody Woodpecker.

I guess this could be Bug's Life, for the Gameboy Color? Or maybe one of the Warioland games?

When you say Mario, do you mean the game included the character Mario? Or do you mean the same style of gameplay, with lots of running and jumping (a "platformer")? The best looking Mario-series platformer on the Gameboy/GBC was Warioland 3.
    The games were in Italian or English language so most likely PAL.

The second game with the thief had an underground setting, I think, so not a castle.

It might be warioland in the end. I'll check that out.

For mario games I mean games from the actual mario series, so for instance super mario bros 1/2/3, various mario land, ecc...

Thanks to everyone for the support

Inviato dal mio iPod touch utilizzando Tapatalk

Thanks

Alright, this is a long shot, but what I'm going to ask you people, is not a certain game, but rather a whole CD of them. It was about 10 years ago, the games were all made for the PC. I really loved to play them and still want to. The only thing I know about it, it had HUNDREDS of freeware games. The ones I remember names are: Pekka Kana 2, Rocks 'n' Diamonds, Mega-Bot, DX-BALL, Monster Frenzy, Bubble Bobble 3D, Generally.. I owe my life to whoever solves this case and thanks in advance.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbona View Post
    Alright, this is a long shot, but what I'm going to ask you people, is not a certain game, but rather a whole CD of them. It was about 10 years ago, the games were all made for the PC. I really loved to play them and still want to. The only thing I know about it, it had HUNDREDS of freeware games. The ones I remember names are: Pekka Kana 2, Rocks 'n' Diamonds, Mega-Bot, DX-BALL, Monster Frenzy, Bubble Bobble 3D, Generally.. I owe my life to whoever solves this case and thanks in advance.
    There are thousands of freeware disc compilations (mainly because anyone could make them for, you know, free). Did this disc come with some piece of hardware or something? Unless you need this specific disc for some reason, you're much better off just building you're own compilation. It's not like you necessarily have to download each game individually.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbona View Post
    It's not an easy find, but here is a website for this sorts of things. Loads of shareware/freeware stuff. https://archive.org/details/cdbbsarchive

_______________________________ ____________________

Thanks

Hello guys,

My name is Andy and i am trying to remember some old games I've played a long time ago. All of them are for PC. The post will be pretty long so bear with me.

1. Simulation racing game for DOS(90's). Probably it was Test Drive 1, 2 or something similar( not hard driving). It was coming on 5 or 6 floppy disks. I remember for sure the following aspects:
    >> The windshield cracked when you had an accident;
    >> The GUI of the cockpit was similar to Test Drive;
    >> I remember some sections of several tracks. First track had a first left bend , At a certain point the track was climbing through a tunnel, afterwards it reached the peak (of the hill or w/e) and then it descended down to the finish line in several large chicanes. Last two bends were right and then left ( i remember some kind of buildings on the left side of the chicane).
    >> The second track(the order of the tracks may be aleatory) was in a Funfair, Carnival park( there was a Ferris Wheel.) There was also one track from A to B (no laps) with a river on the left side in a canion... I remember for sure that i was able to jump into the water and sometimes cross the river without damaging the car.
    >> This is all i remember about this one. I tried to find out the tracks on TD 1 and TD 2 but to no avail. I played it on 386 with windows 3.11. Certainly without cops.
    2. Upside camera arcade game. Was somewhat a Clone of RC PRO AM. I remember the tracks were standard and simple. I remember all the cars were almost the same (maybe 2 different color patterns). The track had oil puddles here and there. The game was from a magazine - CD so probably not well known. That's all i remember. Possible power ups and weapons but not sure.

Thank you in advance,
    Andy

UNSOLVED

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pajeroking View Post
    Upside camera arcade game.
    Not sure what this means, but from your description it could be Super Off Road, or some permutation thereof.