Page 12 of 145 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Forgot the name of a game? Post here.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Guys, it's ok to repost your post once some prudent time without an answer has passed, but always try to quote yourself so we don't have to check pages back to find it

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Guys, it's ok to repost your post once some prudent time without an answer has passed, but always try to quote yourself so we don't have to check pages back to find it
    will do from now on (srry)

Thanks

Default Anyone remember..?

Does anyone remember the name of a PS1 game where you played as a ninja?

The game was based on stealth, you could use smoke, a dummy and other tools to distract the enemy. A grappling line to zip from rooftop to rooftop.

I remember how much fun it was...

Any ideas? Thx
    Last edited by Angras; 4th-March-2011 at 12:16.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,302 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Tenchu?

Also there's a sticky in GG for this, I guess I'll merge the threads
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Wass View Post
    Alright, i have 3 mystery games for you. I played them all around 2000, give or take a couple of years. The first is a 3d jet fighter sort of game, but it was heavily blocky, like legos. at the beginning of each level, you were given a certain amount of points to spend on upgrades such as extra lives or stronger firepower. your missions were to destroy buildings and enemy ships, which exploded upon destruction. I also recall that you could fly nearly into space if you flew up for long enough.

the second was a sidescroller game, where you are a guy who walks through a level shooting enemies with grapes and fruit. there is one level i specifically remember where you get on a bike and race a whole bunch of other guys to the finish by repeatedly pressing a key.

The final game is a puzzle game, where you play as a spinning diamond on a flat (floating?) environment (no walls, you fall off into nothingness). it is very physics based, where speed and direction play a large part. in the first level, you can access a hidden area by moving very fast towards an angled part that acts as a ramp. if you move too slow, you dont make the distance. the floor is i think checkered and there are various enemies that i cant remember. it had a similar look and feel to the miniclip.com game gyroball.

with screenshots, i could maybe identify the games by the picture.

EDIT
    These were all computer games, but am not sure of the os. might be an old macintosh computer but again, not totally sure.
    not sure on any of these but i thought id quote it for you since you said page 10 not page 14
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pteryx View Post
    This is one we've been looking for for ages. You played a rabbit and I think may be a puzzle game. You eat cabbages to gain points and either when you eat the cabbage or when you finish the level it sings "hallelujah." That's all I remember for now.

It's not Jazz Jackrabbit or Quick the Thunder Rabbit.

UNSOLVED
    Re-posting from page 3. I have heard that there is a green slime involved and I think there were things like water droplets that probably killed you. Sorry I know this is all vague, but no one seems to know about this game :/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Expot View Post
    I have one. If I remember right, it's a Mega Man game, but with overhead-look (like old zelda games). Don't remember which console because I played it over at my friends house many years ago.

UNSOLVED
    Well, as i mentioned before, it's a overhead/top-down view over the game, and you control a character (who i think is Mega Man). If you have played any of the oldest Zelda games, this one will very similar to you, but still you will experience something new. I remember you could run around in a town and fight enemies (mostly robots) in the streets, explore buildings and scavenge manholes. Didn't play this game for very long, but I wish I knew what it is called. Hope this helps you.

EDIT: It has a modern setting, like other Mega Man games, and your attack is shooting. I'm pretty sure there was a story, but i can't remember it. And i think you could collect several items to aid you on the adventure, so it's basically a Zelda clone.
    Posted on page 2 and 6, anyone can look into this?

Thanks

I haven't read the whole post or anything, but are you sure it's not Megaman Legends (PS1)/Megaman 64 (N64)? (Edit: they're both the same games, just different names & platforms) It produced a lot of spinoffs like the Misadventures of tron bonne & megaman legends 2 and played almost exactly like the legend of zelda, ocarina of time =P

Thanks

cheers bennieboi. yeah its really the diamond spinny game im most keen to find again. if any of you guys have played gyroball on miniclip, its kinda like that but in a spinny, diamondy sort of way. read above for the remains of my memory on this game but PLEASE if any of you even vaguely know what im on about speak up.
    cheers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yendihunt View Post
    I haven't read the whole post or anything, but are you sure it's not Megaman Legends (PS1)/Megaman 64 (N64)? (Edit: they're both the same games, just different names & platforms) It produced a lot of spinoffs like the Misadventures of tron bonne & megaman legends 2 and played almost exactly like the legend of zelda, ocarina of time =P
    It was not 3D

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Pretty sure it was not a Mega Man game, then, since I can't think of a single top down Mega Man game like what you are describing. The only "top down" view Mega Man games that I am aware of are the Battle Network games.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    Pretty sure it was not a Mega Man game, then, since I can't think of a single top down Mega Man game like what you are describing. The only "top down" view Mega Man games that I am aware of are the Battle Network games.
    No it's not any of the Battle Network, probably not Mega Man. Doesn't seem like a game like that exsists, I give up looking for this game.

Thanks

I played an arcade game a few years back, I don't remember much but it was a bullet hell game ad one of the characters was in a nurse outfit with an enormous needle and I think one of the other characters carried a guitar. That's really all I remember. Any insight into what this game was would be greatly appreciated.

UNSOLVED

Thanks

gonna try this one more time lol

Well, i registered so i could ask about this and im stoked to see a section specifically for asking!

All i remember is that it was on the Game boy, played like a looser shadowgate and was centered around alchemy. There were pots or cauldrons or alchemic circles or whatever youd come across every now and then and youd drop in items youd found to create new ones. Occasional monster encounters and the like. I used to loooove it as a kid and i just cant for the life of me remember the name of it. Much obliged.
    I was never very good at coming up with original sigs.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,302 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by shrexican View Post
    gonna try this one more time lol

Well, i registered so i could ask about this and im stoked to see a section specifically for asking!

All i remember is that it was on the Game boy, played like a looser shadowgate and was centered around alchemy. There were pots or cauldrons or alchemic circles or whatever youd come across every now and then and youd drop in items youd found to create new ones. Occasional monster encounters and the like. I used to loooove it as a kid and i just cant for the life of me remember the name of it. Much obliged.
    You could be thinking of Sword of Hope. I don't recall anything about item creation in it, but it's been many years since I played them, and it's description fits other than that one point.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here