Page 115 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1565105110111112113114115116117118119120125 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2167

Thread: Forgot the name of a game? Post here.

Thanks

Default Looking for an old arcade/MAME game.

I remember playing this Indiana Jones-esque arcade game on MAME a while back, and I can't remember what it was called.

The playable character was an Indiana Jones pastiche; brown fedora and jacker, used a whip, etc.

The first few levels took place on motor boats in a wharf of some sort and jeeps driving through a canyon/mountain range.

It was played like a beat-emu-p; side scrolling, but it was dynamic in the sense that the levels weren't separated; the game just segued into the next either directly or via a short cutscene.

I know this will probably immediately ring a bell with someone, so thanks in advance for the help!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by blahman179 View Post
    I remember playing this Indiana Jones-esque arcade game on MAME a while back, and I can't remember what it was called.

The playable character was an Indiana Jones pastiche; brown fedora and jacker, used a whip, etc.

The first few levels took place on motor boats in a wharf of some sort and jeeps driving through a canyon/mountain range.

It was played like a beat-emu-p; side scrolling, but it was dynamic in the sense that the levels weren't separated; the game just segued into the next either directly or via a short cutscene.

I know this will probably immediately ring a bell with someone, so thanks in advance for the help!
    Merged your thread into a relevant existing one.

When/if you work out what game it is have a look for it on the main site or in the downloads section here in the forums.
    If you can't find it then create a request thread for it here: http://www.epforums.org/forumdisplay...p-ISO-Requests

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Merged your thread into a relevant existing one.

When/if you work out what game it is have a look for it on the main site or in the downloads section here in the forums.
    If you can't find it then create a request thread for it here: http://www.epforums.org/forumdisplay...p-ISO-Requests
    Sorry, COMPLETELY spaced on that one, haven't posted here in a while.

Thanks

Ok, so i think I'm looking for a game back in the 90's. I played it on a floppy disk when inserted into the computer. This'll be a push, but the only thing I can remember in a woman in a window looking down on you and laughing!! And the tune which obviously I can't hum. Anything would be appreciated!!

Also, another game popped into my head. There're two characters. A dog and a postman. You can be either or. The postman has to get the letter to front door without getting bitten by the dog otherwise he goes back or something like that!! I wanna know the name it's bugging me!!

Thanks guys

Thanks
    EP Points

Hey guys, I'm still looking for the name of a game. It was for the NES. It was either a Zorro game or a complete ripoff of that hero. It was both a sidescrolling and upscrolling game. It is not Faxanadu nor Castlequest.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmdor Rizer View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...based_on_Zorro

Don't remember there being a Zorro game for the NES, but there's the mask of Zorro for the GBA.
    Sorry for the months of delay :/ My life stopped for a while lol. Nope, it was a console game. The only handheld console I ever had as a kid was the original gb. I know for a fact that it was for the Nintendo. Perhaps it wasn't Zorro, but in that case, then something very similar (not faxanadu).

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    Castlequest looks a little bit like Zorro. Might be the game you're thinking of.
    No, this game looks nothing like the game I have in mind. I am positive it is Zorro, but it might have been a ripoff of Zorro I suppose. Sorry for the months delay, my life sorta stopped for a while.

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Leah_Jo13 View Post
    Ok, so i think I'm looking for a game back in the 90's. I played it on a floppy disk when inserted into the computer. This'll be a push, but the only thing I can remember in a woman in a window looking down on you and laughing!! And the tune which obviously I can't hum. Anything would be appreciated!!

Also, another game popped into my head. There're two characters. A dog and a postman. You can be either or. The postman has to get the letter to front door without getting bitten by the dog otherwise he goes back or something like that!! I wanna know the name it's bugging me!!

Thanks guys
    As for the postman game, I'm thinking it's this one: http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...86#post1648286 that we've already failed to help another chap with. :<

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks

Now I have another name of a game I forget which it is. I think it's a classic- either for Sega or Super Nintendo, or perhaps Playstation. I think it takes place in what seems like a medieval age, and gameplay of it takes place in a castle. I only vaguely remember the intro; a face in a fiery background, telling a warrior to find some sort of important artifact. And during the end of the narration, there was a shot of the protagonist and the antagonist facing towards each other, and they faded from existence with the exception of what seems to be their trademark weapons or something, and a moment or so later, the weapons fall down to the bottom of the screen while spinning. What is this game?

Thanks

I've posted here before but no one was able to help me. Trying my luck again...

PC game: Third person , game was 3D, but old, about 10 years old by its graphics (I played it 7-8 years ago). You had to control a hero, which was fighting like a samurai, with a sword, I think. You had to go through levels, kill enemies (they were with swords too as far as I remember). Later strange gorillas with yellow and red eyes (I perfectly remember I weren't able to kill those without using a special combo). There were boss monsters too. It was possible to do fighting combinations in that game. What I remember else, there probably were 8 levels. When you complete them, you have to go from level 8 and back all the levels you completed before till you get to the first one (you just had to go back where you came from). Enemies, which you killed before, revived and they were like zombies and skeletons, which you had to kill too. There was a statue in first level, which requied a special weapon to destroy. Then you get to dungeons, where the final boss is (I think it was a dragon with 3 heads, each got different color and abilities (fire, poison and ice as far as I remember). There you complete the game. I remember that I had a fighting challenge after completion of every level. When you complete challenge, you get a scarf increasing your maximum HP. And the last thing I remember is that you could collect tokens with dragon markings on them but I don't remember what they were used for..

P.S. I'm not 100% sure if those tokens or bosses were exactly dragons. They could be snakes or something else

Please help me to remember that game!

Thanks
    EP Points

Allright arcade fans here's one I'd like to know the name of. An arcade game that is a jetski racing game similar to Wave Race and Jet Moto, made around 1996 up to maybe 2000 and I found this machine in Chuck E Cheese and always loved playing it. The jetski was the controller and it moved as you played the game unless you pressed this emergency stop button thing near the handles. The machine needed two tokens to operate (if that helps any).

So yeah thats it, even if the game doesn't work on the current MAME I just wanna know the game so that maybe one day I can play it again.
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemongenius View Post
    Allright arcade fans here's one I'd like to know the name of. An arcade game that is a jetski racing game similar to Wave Race and Jet Moto, made around 1996 up to maybe 2000 and I found this machine in Chuck E Cheese and always loved playing it. The jetski was the controller and it moved as you played the game unless you pressed this emergency stop button thing near the handles. The machine needed two tokens to operate (if that helps any).

So yeah thats it, even if the game doesn't work on the current MAME I just wanna know the game so that maybe one day I can play it again.
    Either WaveRunner or AquaJet. WaveRunner was a sit down cab, and Aqua was a stand up model. Not sure if there are any others, but these are the two most popular.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'll check this out and confirm, thanks

EDIT: Waverunner appears to look like the game I was looking for so most appreciated 8-D. I could be wrong but it does look very familiar.
    Last edited by Pokemongenius; 3rd-June-2014 at 21:26.
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.

Thanks

ok here goes....it was on the super Nintendo...it was some sort of mech game I think....I flew around in a giant suit....I remember the first level being like a factory or something....the mech kinda looked like a gundam.....im sorry that's not much to go but its all I can remember

Thanks
    Thanked 13,301 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

The first thing that pops into my head is Cybernator. I think there were 2-3 other mech type games, like Metal Warriors and stuff.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    The first thing that pops into my head is Cybernator. I think there were 2-3 other mech type games, like Metal Warriors and stuff.

ok ill try them and find out

Cybernator that's it! thanks Ragnar!
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 4th-June-2014 at 19:59. Reason: no double posting!

Thanks

SOLVED! game very *Harbinger*

So this game is a Space RPG (probably not sure if there where stats) you got this BIG Halberd-Laser-Gun-like thing as weapon and you killed tons of mobs. and looted alot stuff. (eggs, chests,etc) year of development is probably 2000-2005 as i played it with Windows Xp laptop. in 2003-2006 (not sure) it was such big game (i am pretty sure it was demo, coz i got it from CD-rom with alot stuff in it (magazine for Pc ( games, programs, pictures, videos, etc.) in magazine's CD-rom.) and now i finaly come up probably pretty close catecory as this game. Laser Squad Nemesi, Fallout 2, diablo 2, etc. (game view was this style).

You started game from near with some kind of operation table. (it was pretty darky game By the way.) corners where usually faded to dark.) i would recall it was alot better from Graphics than those games i said. there where not not single ally, or any friendly npc. (or maybe 1). played it like 30hours. couldn't beat the game back then (and it was probably demo) i SOO wanna play that game and beat it dozen times. =P =D
    -Halberdgun
    -Singleplayer
    -No allies
    -Alot mods to kill
    -Space (could start in big space ship)
    -Alot loots (weapons, *armors*(not sure)
    -dont remeber what kind of loot it was but i say it was like borderlands from loot gategory. =D
    -maps where pretty narrow, tunnel like. not many big and wide zones.

Been wondering it past four years. i really appreciate help.
    Last edited by HalberdD; 6th-June-2014 at 10:59.