Page 111 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1161101106107108109110111112113114115116121 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2167

Thread: Forgot the name of a game? Post here.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by NES1993 View Post
    I will if i find it
    Was this game top-down or sidescrolling? Genre? From what you've said, it sounds like an RPG to me. Of course, that depends on how you interpret a few of the things you've said.

Googling for Pagoda NES comes up with Shinsendan, which is an RPG. According to FAQs, there's an item in one of the stores called Cloud Shoes, but all they do is increase your speed rather than making you fly.

Other possible option would be one of the Dragon Quest/Dragon Warrior games. DQ4 has an item called Flying Shoes that you have to use as part of the storyline, but it's found rather than purchased.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colamisu View Post
    Was this game top-down or sidescrolling? Genre? From what you've said, it sounds like an RPG to me. Of course, that depends on how you interpret a few of the things you've said.

Googling for Pagoda NES comes up with Shinsendan, which is an RPG. According to FAQs, there's an item in one of the stores called Cloud Shoes, but all they do is increase your speed rather than making you fly.

Other possible option would be one of the Dragon Quest/Dragon Warrior games. DQ4 has an item called Flying Shoes that you have to use as part of the storyline, but it's found rather than purchased.
    Side scrolling it was.Shoes i got just one time but rem an stage where you jump on blocks and fight an genie and if u fall well on bottom there was knifes/lancers.
    Last edited by NES1993; 24th-February-2014 at 02:05.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by NES1993 View Post
    Side scrolling it was.Shoes i got just one time but rem an stage where you jump on blocks and fight an genie and if u fall well on bottom there was knifes/lancers.
    Here's my contribution... I'm not sure what else it could be, but this game had pagodas that you would enter and talk to people and get various weapons and items. It also had an evil genie and magic carpets and stuff.
    magic_of_scheherazade0050.png

Magic of Scheherezade

EDIT: Also thought of one other game, I doubt this is it, but since you say there were winged shoes you got once, the only game I can really think of that had them was Faxanadu. There was a part where you had to purchase the shoes and fly up into the sky and unclog a waterfall.

Faxanadu_NES_gameplay.png
    Last edited by FlavaFlave; 24th-February-2014 at 03:23.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaFlave View Post
    Here's my contribution... I'm not sure what else it could be, but this game had pagodas that you would enter and talk to people and get various weapons and items. It also had an evil genie and magic carpets and stuff.
    magic_of_scheherazade0050.png

Magic of Scheherezade

EDIT: Also thought of one other game, I doubt this is it, but since you say there were winged shoes you got once, the only game I can really think of that had them was Faxanadu. There was a part where you had to purchase the shoes and fly up into the sky and unclog a waterfall.

Faxanadu_NES_gameplay.png
    Magic of Scheherezade is pretty close but not the one It was japenese theme game and MOF is arabian base.This weekend i plan to search attic hope i will find cassette.BTW in that game its side scroll and u go mostly left to right as journey begins.I really believe now that must be flop an game as my brother always said(he just wanted to play mario all the times) and may be that's why shopkeeper gave it with NES free

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownPlayer View Post
    It was a Wrestling game for the N64. I remember you were able to climb out of the ring, grab a randomly generated item from the crowd or something like a chair. Then climb back in and hit him with it.
    You could do that in WCW vs. NWO Revenge and WCW vs. NWO World Tour. Probably a few others as well.
    I'm listening but I don't hear very much...

Thanks

this thread has been inactive for way too long now but i'll still give it a try..

i played this game in 1994, it was definitely SEGA. Its a arcade style fighting/beat 'em up where you could play the game with one of 3 fighters. they all seem to be aliens, one guy has a arm which extends after 3-4 hits and goes through the body of the perp (the extended arm has a spear at the end). the other guy (a big tall dude) is styled like a robot with a iron mask and has a fixed weapon on his right arm which acts like a gun. can anyone help ?

Thanks
    EP Points

@jazzjackrabbit

Sounds awfully like Alien Storm

Anyone remember a Zorro game on the NES? I searched with that keyword as well as the word mask, but to no avail. So, I guess the game doesn't necessarily contain name Zorro nor the word mask.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 1st-March-2014 at 11:08. Reason: no double posting, please

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by midevil.chaos View Post
    @jazzjackrabbit

Anyone remember a Zorro game on the NES? I searched with that keyword as well as the word mask, but to no avail. So, I guess the game doesn't necessarily contain name Zorro nor the word mask.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...based_on_Zorro

Don't remember there being a Zorro game for the NES, but there's the mask of Zorro for the GBA.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Castlequest looks a little bit like Zorro. Might be the game you're thinking of.

Spoiler warning:

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drageuth For This Useful Post:

I dont know where, I just woke up, an island maybe?
    Thanks
    EP Points

Ok here's a good one, it was on the nes, it was a tps, it had a cutseen in the begining with a giant frog that dug into the the earth, then you jump down in you find
    armor and weapon's, It's a side scroller, you drive a tank, but you can get on and of it pressing select or the up-dpad, the first boss was a giant brain???
    what was this game

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Leon8200 View Post
    Ok here's a good one, it was on the nes, it was a tps, it had a cutseen in the begining with a giant frog that dug into the the earth, then you jump down in you find
    armor and weapon's, It's a side scroller, you drive a tank, but you can get on and of it pressing select or the up-dpad, the first boss was a giant brain???
    what was this game
    Blaster Master

Great game. The third-person shooting part comes into play when you get out of the tank and enter certain rooms, otherwise it's a sidescroller.

Last edited by Drageuth; 4th-March-2014 at 00:38.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drageuth For This Useful Post:

I dont know where, I just woke up, an island maybe?
    Thanks
    EP Points

THAT'S IT, thanx man, I was hoping to track if down, just couldnt remember the name

Thanks

@jazzjackrabbit

@midevil.chaos, i checked its not alien storm.. graphics were much smoother and images were bigger. but i'll check other games with "alien" names

-------------

i played this game in 1994, it was definitely SEGA. Its a arcade style fighting/beat 'em up where you could play the game with one of 3 fighters. they all seem to be aliens, one guy has a arm which extends after 3-4 hits and goes through the body of the perp (the extended arm has a spear at the end). the other guy (a big tall dude) is styled like a robot with a iron mask and has a fixed weapon on his right arm which acts like a gun. can anyone help ?
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 4th-March-2014 at 12:17. Reason: no double posting!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by P_Hangman View Post
    I will be honest. I don't remember a damn thing of the game i'm looking for.
    I'm only sure it was a 2D motorbike game, like, you know, Excite Bike.
    It has a night setting. I remember cages, lampposts.
    I'm also sure that i played it on a Windows 98 PC, with a Sega Genesis emulator. That's why i'm not sure if it was a PC game or a Genesis one.

So, i will make this easier for you guys:
    Name me some old 2D Motorbike Games (like i said, the same as Excite Bike) for PC or Sega Genesis.

This is the last game i'm looking for.
    That's all. Thank you for reading my message, and thank you all for the incoming help.

------------------> Unsolved
    Quote Originally Posted by P_Hangman View Post
    ok, some more things about the damn game i'm looking for.

quick visual description:
    -2D motorcycle game.
    -Night setting; a night city in the background (that's the most important thing to me)
    -long ramp to jump.
    -you jump over cages? over boxes? something like that.
    -if i remember it right, the guy in the cycle have a jacket, he looked like a 80's badass (i could be wrong)
    -i played it on a PC several years ago. Windows 98 PC. But i don't know if it was a PC game or a Sega genesis game, because those computers had the KGEN.exe emulator.
    -old school looking game. you know, pixel sprites and stuff.
    -it was so much fun to me!

it was a bit like this:

Attachment 40319

So please help me guys. now i can almost see it clearly.

good afternoon...
    C'mon! at least give me an idea...

DITE: the only game that is very similar to the one i'm seeking was California Games, for the Sega Genesis:
    california-games-06.jpg

but i DID played that one in the same computers years ago in my school, the game that i'm looking for was another one.
    i'm 97% sure that was for the Genesis, but so long no luck finding it in the Genesis roms.
    so i guess it was for pc then.

any help?
    Last edited by P_Hangman; 4th-March-2014 at 17:02.

Again

Thanks
    EP Points

Here's one I would like to find. Commodore 64 game. Reminds me of Mario Paint, just not as many options. It was mainly a coloring game but you could also draw if you wanted to. I remember 2 of the scenes that you could color very well. One was an underwater scene with crabs, mermaids, sand, etc. The other scene was an outer space theme and there was a rocket, the moon, stars, etc. I know for a fact that the spaceship in that scene was called "Columbia". I want to say the game was by Sprout, but I can't be sure. I also remember that you could mix multiple colors to make a texture effect to what you were trying to paint.
    I'm listening but I don't hear very much...