Page 10 of 145 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Forgot the name of a game? Post here.

Thanks

Alright, i have 3 mystery games for you. I played them all around 2000, give or take a couple of years. The first is a 3d jet fighter sort of game, but it was heavily blocky, like legos. at the beginning of each level, you were given a certain amount of points to spend on upgrades such as extra lives or stronger firepower. your missions were to destroy buildings and enemy ships, which exploded upon destruction. I also recall that you could fly nearly into space if you flew up for long enough.

the second was a sidescroller game, where you are a guy who walks through a level shooting enemies with grapes and fruit. there is one level i specifically remember where you get on a bike and race a whole bunch of other guys to the finish by repeatedly pressing a key.

The final game is a puzzle game, where you play as a spinning diamond on a flat (floating?) environment (no walls, you fall off into nothingness). it is very physics based, where speed and direction play a large part. in the first level, you can access a hidden area by moving very fast towards an angled part that acts as a ramp. if you move too slow, you dont make the distance. the floor is i think checkered and there are various enemies that i cant remember. it had a similar look and feel to the miniclip.com game gyroball.

with screenshots, i could maybe identify the games by the picture.

EDIT
    These were all computer games, but am not sure of the os. might be an old macintosh computer but again, not totally sure.
    Last edited by Sam Wass; 27th-February-2011 at 09:58. Reason: additional info

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colamisu View Post
    I'm pretty sure I've seen the one you're referring to, but I have no clue which it is. If you're looking for similar games, you can't go wrong with Arkanoid. Otherwise, I'd suggest looking through this list and checking for screenshots of each.

EDIT: Scratch that. Looking at the first few reveals it's most likely DX-Ball.
    Actually, it was the second game, DX-Ball 2 (I remember the graphics were slightly better), but your image helped refresh my memory. Thanks for the help.

Thanks

For quite a while now i've been wondering about an old arcade game i used to play. For an arcade game it had quite good graphics, it was a side scroller where you played as a (green clothed?) elf like person, i believe player 2 was blue, but he might have been red. You used some sort of magic, i think it came from a staff (wand?) it may of been a laser weapon though, but unlikely. You were trying to save a female elf thing (maybe princess). The first level i think you came out of a bar or club of somesort that was made inside of a tree, the rest of the level i think was a forest. The bosses are what i remember the best, they were almost all zodiac creatures, there was also a sun and moon that may have been partialy mechanical. On all of the boss fights you were flying on... something, but the rest of the game was played on the ground. The bosses were weird, when you did enough damage to them, bits of their "skin" would disppear and make them look like zombie like. The gemini boss had you fighting against two women shaped bosses, but they had strange faces and (i think) talons on their hands. There was a saggitarius looking boss that was particularly ugly. Apart from the bosses the game was very cartoony. I hope thats enough information to go on, ill edit this post if i remember anything. Thanks.

Thanks

Last night my friend was asking about a game and I had no clue which game he was talking about. He couldn't give me any character names or anything but from what I described I gathered that he was talking about a Survival Horror set in the west where you were supposed to fight werewolves and what not. He was also able to tell me the console it was on, which is PS1. Anyone have any idea which game he's talking about?
    What?! Porch Munky is Evolving!

Thanks
    EP Points

A quick Google search revealed a game called Silverload, which kinda-sorta fits the description. No idea if it's the one you're looking for, though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    A quick Google search revealed a game called Silverload, which kinda-sorta fits the description. No idea if it's the one you're looking for, though.
    I have no Idea either since I've never played it :/ I'll let my friend know about this one and see if it's what he's looking for. Thanks for the help.
    What?! Porch Munky is Evolving!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Okay guys I got two requests. The first one is like on of those psx demo disks that came with the playstation or from pizza hut or something like that and it had tetris, some fun hydro motorsport game of some kind but the last one was me and cousins absolute favorite but I can't remember the name no matter how much I try. From what I can recall it was a side scrolling shooter kinda like r-type but better graphics (of course) you could upgrade weapons and for the most part you was in a futuristic city and we played it for three hours just beating the same boss and passing each others high score little by little. Good times.

The other is even older and I was younger but here it goes, it was for the snes and I rented it at blockbuster (anyone remember those days lol) it was about pirates or something and the theme kind of gave off this mario bros. vibe because of the world map before you go to the next level and I think there was a blue octopus in it and one of those slot machine reels? Like I said I was younger and was going through them snes and gb games like hot cakes. I hope you guys can at least answer one of them for me and thanks. PM me if you need more specifics and I'll try my best!

Thanks

Was the shooter vertically scrolling or horizontally scrolling?

The platformer might be Super Adventure Island 2.

Thanks

Ah great that there is such a thread !

@Blue Electrona

Was it perhaps The pirates of dark water? (The only game I found with Pirates XD oh and it has a map screen)
    You should check out some youtube vids of it to confirm or not.

So there are 3 games I can't figure out what they are called :/

1. It was on the Sega i think?! The fact is I realy can't remember the name of the console, but I think it was somehow Sega because in my childhood I argued with a friend that it was not a Sega but a Saga (don't even know if that exist lol). I belive him now and THINK that it might be the Sega CD. So the game was in the fighting genre and you had something like 3 talismans and each time you lost aggainst your opponent you lost one talisman. Whenn you lost all you had to fight the grim reaper and if you won you get another chance (I think so lol), also you were able to get out your nunchuk and kick your opponents ass with it (I was 2D btw.).

Found thx to Hypnos: Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story

2. I think this one is easy but I can't figure it out. It was on PSX (sometimes on demos) and you were a space ship (like in asteroids) and you could play against your friend in a race or in a sudden death game. You could collect upgrades for your space ship which randomly appear.

Found it by myself after downloading tons of European demos : It was gravitation on the European Demo 42 in the to 15 (I think so) of the Net Yaroze games.

3. I'm not sure if it's ok to ask about a game for PC so I just give it a try and if it's forbidden somehow tell me and I will edit it (or probably the mods ).
    So to the game. You were a flying Airship like in Asteroids but you had your own base and you were able to get upgrades for your ship. Your enemys were the same as you and I loved this game. You could of course fly around and Discouver things in Space and I think there were yellow circles that represented suns because you werent able to land on them.
    http://img824.imageshack.us/i/whatshouldicallit.jpg/
    Thats somehow what it looked like.

Thx so much in Advance!

2 Solved

Only 1 unsolved.
    Last edited by JackPigma; 27th-February-2011 at 20:02.

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

The third: Solar System? Probably not but, err, that game was cool... so...

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks

First one kinda sounds like Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnos View Post
    First one kinda sounds like Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story
    Holy Shit thats realy it Thank you so frekkin much

Thanks
    Blog Entries

For the first one it was horizontal and the second thanks for the help but sadly it was neither. I have checked for about 5 plus hours last night and right now it feels like a lost cause *sigh. I'm still trying and I will try to answers others as well I actually find this fun to do sometimes during my free time.

Thanks

If its a horizontal shooter, it was quite likely Einhander you were playing.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks Hypnos! That one is right on the money.