Page 1 of 145 1234561151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Forgot the name of a game? Post here.

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Forgot the name of a game? Post here.

So forgot the name of that game you played 10 years ago? Maybe you played something at your friends or even a demo you've forgotten. Post as much as you can remember and we'll all help each other out!!!

Please remember to add an Unsolved at the bottom of your post and edit to add Solved if answered correctly. (So people don't keep guessing )

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Zaladane For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I have one haha.

I am sure this game was on the SNES. It is a 2D GAME.
    So the game is like this car chasing game, you drive the car and you need to ram into the enemy's car and destroy it. If this info isn't enough, the game shows a car mirror where it shows your character's face when the car crashes and stuff. Think there was dialog aswell. I played this game around about 8-9 years ago.
    Extra: It is a First Person driving game, where you look outside the car window and drive.

SOLVED
    Last edited by MrCheese; 5th-January-2011 at 01:56.

Thanks

Carmeggedon?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zero Aurion For This Useful Post:

Thanks

No sorry, that is not it.
    Thank you for trying though It is a 2D game on the SNES

Thanks

So, there was this game, it was for SNES or NES, most prodably SNES.

It was a Monster Truck racing game, I think it had only rally tracks, open environment races (not that it had free roam, just that it wasn't in stadiums).

I just remember of one track, that was in La Paz, and it is just a frozen image in my memory. This image of the track in my mind is at sunset, and I think it had day/night cycles (big thing, many old 2D racing games had that).

That's everything I can say.

Solved? Unsolved? (There is an answer, saying it is Super Off Road - The Baja, but I'm almost sure it was with real monster trucks, not pickup trucks. I might be wrong, though, as I think I was very young).
    Last edited by RodSk8Punk; 30th-January-2011 at 05:56.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RodSk8Punk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MrCheese View Post
    I have one haha.

I am sure this game was on the SNES. It is a 2D GAME.
    So the game is like this car chasing game, you drive the car and you need to ram into the enemy's car and destroy it. If this info isn't enough, the game shows a car mirror where it shows your character's face when the car crashes and stuff. Think there was dialog aswell. I played this game around about 8-9 years ago.
    Extra: It is a First Person driving game, where you look outside the car window and drive.

Unsolved.
    Maybe your taliking about Super Chase H.Q.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Varun Highwind For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Varun Dutt View Post
    Maybe your taliking about Super Chase H.Q.
    Thanks!
    That's the one

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by RodSk8Punk View Post
    So, there was this game, it was for SNES or NES, most prodably SNES.

It was a Monster Truck racing game, I think it had only rally tracks, open environment races (not that it had free roam, just that it wasn't in stadiums).

I just remember of one track, that was in La Paz, and it is just a frozen image in my memory. This image of the track in my mind is at sunset, and I think it had day/night cycles (big thing, many old 2D racing games had that).

That's everything I can say.
    The game your talking about is definitely Super Off Road-The Baja.

Thanks
    EP Points

Okay, maybe you guys can crack this one. I've been dying to play it again for years.

This is a Japanese PSX game. You navigate through a maze with some pencil-like thing and when you touch the walls, it explodes and (I think) you have to start over. I'm pretty sure I played this game off of a demo disc, if that helps.

I know that's not a lot to go on. That's all I remember.

Ahh, Miku! She's so AWESOME!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JC200X View Post
    Okay, maybe you guys can crack this one. I've been dying to play it again for years.

This is a Japanese PSX game. You navigate through a maze with some pencil-like thing and when you touch the walls, it explodes and (I think) you have to start over. I'm pretty sure I played this game off of a demo disc, if that helps.

I know that's not a lot to go on. That's all I remember.
    sounds like kuru kuru kururin, im not sure if it was available for the ps1 though. (have only played the gba one).

heres a gameplay video of the game.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to sockesocke For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by sockesocke View Post
    sounds like kuru kuru kururin, im not sure if it was available for the ps1 though. (have only played the gba one).
    That's not quite it. Although it is displayed the same way as the game I mentioned. But thanks for showing me that video. I think I'm gonna start playing that game.

Ahh, Miku! She's so AWESOME!!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to JC200X For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JC200X View Post
    That's not quite it. Although it is displayed the same way as the game I mentioned. But thanks for showing me that video. I think I'm gonna start playing that game.
    i have no idea which game it is then, sorry. kuru kuru kururin is definetly worth playing if you like skill games.

edit: i also remembered a game i saw a couple of months ago in a video game store but the name escapes me. it was for either gamecube or ps2 and it had a very anime-ish art direction, another thing i remember for sure is that the cover mentioned something about battles with a huge amount of enemies on screen (probably like the warriors games from koei). anyone know which game it could be? thanks
    Last edited by sockesocke; 10th-January-2011 at 22:27.

Thanks

Well, i registered so i could ask about this and im stoked to see a section specifically for asking!

All i remember is that it was on the Game boy, played like a looser shadowgate and was centered around alchemy. There were pots or cauldrons or alchemic circles or whatever youd come across every now and then and youd drop in items youd found to create new ones. Occasional monster encounters and the like. I used to loooove it as a kid and i just cant for the life of me remember the name of it. Much obliged.

UNSOLVED
    I was never very good at coming up with original sigs.

Thanks

So years ago in my younger days I played a game on the GBA I'm not sure if that was the only platform it's just the one I remembered...
    This game had a title involving the word sol or solstice or some such variation.... it's kinda like a wanna-be Zelda game only "Link" or whatever you wanna call your character is tall instead of being a demented gnome shooting magical beams out of his sword... it starts off rather like link to the past your mother.. (I think) sends you out in the rain on some errand and makes sure you take your tunic which is.... you guessed it, GREEN! Hence the wanna-be zelda... I think she sends you down into the village to talk to someone about something (real descriptive I know). Thats about all I really remember I really really wanna play it again I just don't remember the name =/
    Please help (sorry if this post is too long )

FAIL: solved. by me. GOLDEN SUN.
    Last edited by luicius; 14th-January-2011 at 07:53.

Thanks

So the game im looking for is on psx its a horror game its turn based with a battle system kind of similar to fftactics with a grid move and attack system . . . started in a mansion (i think) and i remember the weapons always being a pain because they broke and you couldnt repair them (to my knowledge). there were 3 characters you controlled one female that was the main girl and 2 guys. i remember the storyline being very grim and very violent i loved it and wanted to play it again

solved game was koudelka thanks to colamisu
    Last edited by jliber88; 16th-January-2011 at 16:56. Reason: solved