Page 143 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4393133138139140141142143144145 LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 2167

Thread: Forgot the name of a game? Post here.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,302 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MathewJoe84 View Post
    There is a game I'm looking for that was released in around 2002 or 2003, something like that. I think it was both playstation 2 and xbox. It featured a hero who used a disc as a weapon.It was like a yoyo, with a rope or something attached to pull it back if I remember correctly.
    Perhaps Rygar? Which appeared on the PS2 around then, and years later got a Wii port.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

About a decade ago I played a mech game that starts you off in an arena where you fight other mechs. I liked the arena so much I never left it to do missions outside, so I don't know what the rest of the game is like. It was an emulated game I believe(might be PS2) but I forgot its name. It was not a Mechwarrior game or an Armored Core game.
    Free beer for everyone! --> How to upload files as ROM patches.

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    EP Points

2D or 3D?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by dudacoitinho View Post
    It is an old Ps1 game, 1998 or less.

A robot or perhaps a land combat ship walking straight into a mountainous setting like a desert.

The "robot" appears to be ant-shaped.

The game resembles the Mechwarrior style, but it was only third person.
    I think of Krazy Ivan

Thanks

Hello, I'm new to this community and I'm desperately looking for a game that I played in my childhood, only played not finished, because I wasn't skilled enough in those type of games with my baby hands. I only created an account so I can see if anyone can help me.

The game is racing/shoot 'em up hybrid, with a top-down perspective and vertical scrolling type, I remember that is either NES or SNES. You played as a red car with some type of weapon on the roof that improved every time you grabbed a power up, you destroyed every enemy vehicle in sight and you always rode in a highway at blasting speeds (due to the speed the white segmented lines that separated the lanes zoomed in and out of the screen) the vehicles shot proyectiles at you that damaged your car and I remember that there was a mini boss in the first level, like a big truck or something and then an enormous vehicle covering 50% of your screen firing at you. Also, when the durability of your car dropped to zero the car would explode in a Megaman X dying style, with a lot of blue-white orbs flying in 8 random directions.

Hope this is enough for you, oh, experts of retro gaming, to help me out in this finding. Thanks in advance.

SOLVED

I'VE FOUND IT! After several days of wondering and searching, looking for titles one to one, I've come across the game.

It's called Battle Formula/Super Spy Hunter.

Developer: Sun Corporation
    Designer: Shinji Mikami
    Publisher: Sun Corporation
    Platform: Nintendo Entertainment System
    Last edited by Phaxdum; 12th-May-2020 at 22:36.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,302 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Phaxdum View Post
    Hello, I'm new to this community and I'm desperately looking for a game that I played in my childhood, only played not finished, because I wasn't skilled enough in those type of games with my baby hands. I only created an account so I can see if anyone can help me.

The game is racing/shoot 'em up hybrid, with a top-down perspective and vertical scrolling type, I remember that is either NES or SNES. You played as a red car with some type of weapon on the roof that improved every time you grabbed a power up, you destroyed every enemy vehicle in sight and you always rode in a highway at blasting speeds (due to the speed the white segmented lines that separated the lanes zoomed in and out of the screen) the vehicles shot proyectiles at you that damaged your car and I remember that there was a mini boss in the first level, like a big truck or something and then an enormous vehicle covering 50% of your screen firing at you. Also, when the durability of your car dropped to zero the car would explode in a Megaman X dying style, with a lot of blue-white orbs flying in 8 random directions.

Hope this is enough for you, oh, experts of retro gaming, to help me out in this finding. Thanks in advance.

UNSOLVED
    It's not top-down, but perhaps some port of RoadBlasters?
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    It's not top-down, but perhaps some port of RoadBlasters?
    Almost, but no, it has to be top-down perspective and it's always in some kind of highway with bridges and such.

Thank you for your participation.

Thanks

Alright does anyone know what this arcade RPG game is called? Here's what I remember:

it was an coin-operated arcade game in my local arcade around 1999 (same vintage as crazy taxi etc.)
    it had 3d animated graphics but 2d backgrounds, and was more or less side scrolling (although I seem to remember it scrolling up a tree or waterfall or something)
    the characters were elves or warriors or whatever and there were treasure chests full of gold or weapons or something
    you basically hacked and slashed your way through the levels fighting off orcs or trolls or whatever.
    Ok so not a lot to go on, but one thing I do remember is that I beleive you could "save" your progress through the use of an alpha-numeric code or something?
    Anyways, thanks in advance if anyone has any ideas (i'm sure I'd recognize it if you can suggest a name to google).

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by slothbeatr View Post
    Alright does anyone know what this arcade RPG game is called? Here's what I remember:

it was an coin-operated arcade game in my local arcade around 1999 (same vintage as crazy taxi etc.)
    it had 3d animated graphics but 2d backgrounds, and was more or less side scrolling (although I seem to remember it scrolling up a tree or waterfall or something)
    the characters were elves or warriors or whatever and there were treasure chests full of gold or weapons or something
    you basically hacked and slashed your way through the levels fighting off orcs or trolls or whatever.
    Ok so not a lot to go on, but one thing I do remember is that I beleive you could "save" your progress through the use of an alpha-numeric code or something?
    Anyways, thanks in advance if anyone has any ideas (i'm sure I'd recognize it if you can suggest a name to google).
    Could it be one of the Dungeons and Dragons games? There's 2. Shadow over Mystara and Tower of Doom.

Edit: Now that I think about it, it could be one of the Gauntlet Legends games. Seems to fit in more with what you asked.
    Last edited by Zaladane; 27th-October-2020 at 19:54.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Could it be one of the Dungeons and Dragons games? There's 2. Shadow over Mystara and Tower of Doom.

Edit: Now that I think about it, it could be one of the Gauntlet Legends games. Seems to fit in more with what you asked.
    Yep, that's it. Thanks so much! I can't believe how cheesy it looks now; in my mind it was way more spectacular. Thanks again

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by slothbeatr View Post
    Yep, that's it. Thanks so much! I can't believe how cheesy it looks now; in my mind it was way more spectacular. Thanks again
    Which one was it? Gauntlet or the others? Just curious.

Edit: I'm just gonna assume it was Gauntlet.
    Last edited by Zaladane; 27th-October-2020 at 22:31.

Thanks
    EP Points

I know I've talked about this before, but I can't seem to find the game. I remember playing it on a kiosk at Gamestop years ago. It was on the xbox 360, it was a racing game, the year had to be circa 2009/2010. I remember it had fairly good visible damage for its time. It wasn't Forza 3.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyGuitar View Post
    I know I've talked about this before, but I can't seem to find the game. I remember playing it on a kiosk at Gamestop years ago. It was on the xbox 360, it was a racing game, the year had to be circa 2009/2010. I remember it had fairly good visible damage for its time. It wasn't Forza 3.
    Do you remember anything else? Their were sooo many racing games around that time.

When I think car damage and crashing and stuff the first thing that comes to mind is Burnout Paradise though

Thanks
    EP Points

It wasn't Burnout Paradise, as that game had been a couple years old by then. I remember it had racing in a city with closed guard rails. The cars were mostly muscle cars. I wonder if it was a NFS game. I'm also beginning to wonder since it was a demo, the game could have never been officially released or cancelled during development. Though the game did look promising.

Thanks

midnight club 3