Page 50 of 145 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560100 ... LastLast

Thread: Forgot the name of a game? Post here.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by haiku2nd View Post
    Well thats adventure island :>
    i checked on wiki & emuparadise roms section--that kinda looks like the game i played, but i don't think it was by hudson...FOUND IT! [http://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo_E...03#PlayOnline]

it was Joe & Mac | Adventure Island is somewhat kinda sorta the same thing though--and fun too.

~Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yulix12 View Post
    I remember when I was little and I used to love playing this puzzle game on the gameboy (The old big grey one) It had something to do with moving these crates/boxes around. You had to use a young boy to push them I can't remember exactly why you had to move the boxes but I think maybe to leave the room? I honestly don't remember. I know it isn't a lot to go on but I would love if someone can figure this out. I've been trying to remember the name for the longest. Thanks
    I used to play Boxxle for the the Gameboy. It might be what you're looking for.
    I saw. I came. She slapped me.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kumagko For This Useful Post:

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Archean_0 View Post
    i checked on wiki & emuparadise roms section--that kinda looks like the game i played, but i don't think it was by hudson...FOUND IT! [http://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo_E...03#PlayOnline]

it was Joe & Mac | Adventure Island is somewhat kinda sorta the same thing though--and fun too.

~Thanks
    I told you... =/

Quote Originally Posted by Yulix12 View Post
    I remember when I was little and I used to love playing this puzzle game on the gameboy (The old big grey one) It had something to do with moving these crates/boxes around. You had to use a young boy to push them I can't remember exactly why you had to move the boxes but I think maybe to leave the room? I honestly don't remember. I know it isn't a lot to go on but I would love if someone can figure this out. I've been trying to remember the name for the longest. Thanks
    Sounds a lot like Sokoban.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks

That's exactly it Kumagko. Thank you very much My memory must have mixed Sokoban and Boxxle together because I was thinking of the Sokoban cover but the Boxxle game.
    Last edited by Yulix12; 21st-January-2012 at 22:54.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Elmdor Armitage View Post
    I told you... =/
    that it was adventure island or joe and mac?

====
    EDIT--went back and read through a few pages and found ya--didn't see that, thanks tho [that game was too hard]
    Last edited by Archean_0; 22nd-January-2012 at 00:16. Reason: added more information

Thanks

Okay, this one may be a bit of a challenge because I can't seem to even find it. I remember playing a game in my youth that was either for the Playstation or Nintendo 64, although I'm gravitating more towards Playstation. It had two playable characters that I know of. One was a girl who ran around carrying two rings in both hands and I believe could cast magic spells. The other was a boy who may or may not have carried a sword and could transform into monsters. If I remember correctly, the game was in a 3D plane, and was fairly colorful. I cannot remember if what I was playing was a demo or the actual game, so it could be different.

Edit: If it helps at all, the game looked fairly like it was out of an anime, but it wasn't a typical RPG game.
    Last edited by Akira Mizurashi; 22nd-January-2012 at 00:21.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Threads of Fate.

Edit: Been forever since I played it but the girl with the rings made my mind jump to it.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/threads-of-fate

LMK

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gypsy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Exactly it! Thanks a bunch!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sure thing glad to help. Usually I wrack my brain on these things to no avail. I've played a ton of ps1/2, Saturn and DC but it's hard when people can only remember a few things.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gezegond View Post
    MobyGames doesn't seem to have arcade as a platform. Try here.
    Thank you.

Still, no luck. I guess I will not be able to find it...

Quote Originally Posted by Rising Phoenix View Post
    There is not much I can add, beyond that I have manually browsed through the MobyGames scrolling shooter database (without success).

Indeed, the game is a vertical "shoot 'em up"/shooter with the option to play solo or two-players (first player is Red, second player is Blue, if I recall correctly).

Beyond that, the major feature I can remember are it's power ups. A single power up item, which changes from numbers 1 to 4, can be picked up to get a better weapon. For example, power up N°2 enabled you to fire wide flames quickly. If I recall correctly, powerup N°3 provided you with lasers that fired diagonally.

It is all I can remember for now, but the game is very valuable to me as it was one of the very first (I think the second) videogame I played as a child.
    There is one more thing. I apologize for reposting so quickly.

However, there may be a clue that could solve the problem. I remember my father saying "do you want to play the game with the helicopters?" (in short, not jet fighters or spaceships, but helicopters). I am not sure if this helps, but I certainly want to try that game again.

My regards.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 22nd-January-2012 at 10:34.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_shadow View Post
    Does anyone remember about this one zelda-ish game where you get new swords or something? I think they were elemental but they were definitely different colors. IDK i was 7
    Depending how old of a game you're talking about, it could be Crystalis for the NES. (Ignore the title screen in that link, the game was called "God Slayer" in Japan). It's a "top"-down (the top down view was kind of slanted) action-adventure RPG where you could acquire four different elemental swords -- Wind, Fire, Water and Thunder. There was also a version released for the Gameboy Colour in 2000, if you remember playing it a bit more recently.

Thanks

Call me a bit of a perv for searching, but I think I remember a game that might have been featured in an old play station magazine, and the thing was is that the main character was a female clad in nothing but probably a holster for the handgun. And that's about all I remember

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ShazBot View Post
    Call me a bit of a perv for searching, but I think I remember a game that might have been featured in an old play station magazine, and the thing was is that the main character was a female clad in nothing but probably a holster for the handgun. And that's about all I remember
    I don't remember that one, but I do know that there was a patch for the PC version of Tomb Raider called "Nude Raider." I don't know if it's still around anywhere, though.

Might be what you're thinking about, if you're mistaking where you originally saw it.

Thanks

There was this game I played on the NDS when I was at my cousin's house when I was like 8. It was an RPG game and it was based on drawing symbols(circles) on the bottom screen to use spells. I remembered that at the beginning of the game, u had to go up a tower of sum sort. I also remembered there was a village and something about the tower having 100 floors.Please help Dx
    Unsolved.

Thanks

i slightly recall a game for ps2 i think it was.....you play as a valkyrie and its kinda 3rd person hack n slash-ish with guns and swords....i remember flying around...cant recall but it might have been a jet pack....it was 3rd person i think the levels were instanced and not free roam sort of like how DMC 4 made their levels....one of the levels i also recall slightly.... a rocky canyon...been killing my mind for awhile now tryin to think of it....if anyone knows the answer either message this account or [email protected]