Page 73 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2363686970717273747576777883123 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 2167

Thread: Forgot the name of a game? Post here.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Terristat View Post
    Could it be Quantam Redshift?
    That's it! Thanks.

Thanks

Alright, I've got some for you. 3 of these are educational games. 1, not so much. All for PC.
    I might miss some pieces of info, as I haven't seen them in a uber long time.

The first is much older, prolly DOS, not sure. You were in a school at night trying to avoid these robots/ghosts that were running a muck, while, if I remember correctly, trying to find some hidden message(s) in the classrooms to defeat said robot/ghosts.

Second game, you are, if I remember correctly, a robot that goes from a small school, up a mountain to a huge mansion-type building, where you must complete various minigames in order to get items to open up a door, and ultimately travel to some place/time around the world to stop a robot from messing up the world. You do this many times, and actually have a gallery that let's you look at every robot you've "rescued".

Third game, I don't remember much of. I played it waaaaaay back in elementary school, but I do remember there was one particular minigame where you had to jump from various clouds to reach the top of the room. Can't remember much else atm.

Fourth, and final game, was a arena shooter type game, with minimum of 2 robots (if I remember correctly) maximum of 4, and you ran about said arena picking up weapons and cash, which I do not remember what cash was for but I digress. I can't quite place that particular game.

Thanks
    EP Points

I do believe that one is Battlezone. Not to be confused with the Battlezone series, which are FPS RTS games.
    Looks like that's the one, thanks
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

I have a couple more games I hope someone can remember. Just those games I played long ago as a little kid and barely remember it. To clarify, they are both NES games.

The first one goes like this. I remember it was a game that had a Zelda feel or similar because it is one of those bird's eye perspectives. It was a game where you can pick and name four different characters you can choose for adventure. As you start from a small village which is indicated by a small icon on the ground, you can discover new places that were completely black at first plus there were monsters that try to stop you. Then when you enter these places, you enter a new screen where you have to kill different monsters. That is all I can remember about this game.

Second one is a fainter memory because it was rented only one time. It was a game of another bird's eye perspective yet it was completely different. It seemed like a fantasy, friendly game. It was you against different enemies inside a box or a battlefield that fills the whole screen. Almost feels like the old Tanks Atari game I remember with that boxed-in environment, but it's NES. With each level, after defeating all the enemies, you have to take out bosses that can do different tactics to kill you so you have to figure out how to beat them. I remembered one was really tough and my charging in to kill him wasn't working. I think some of the levels had really bright grounds.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kamoodle View Post
    I have a couple more games I hope someone can remember. Just those games I played long ago as a little kid and barely remember it. To clarify, they are both NES games.

The first one goes like this. I remember it was a game that had a Zelda feel or similar because it is one of those bird's eye perspectives. It was a game where you can pick and name four different characters you can choose for adventure. As you start from a small village which is indicated by a small icon on the ground, you can discover new places that were completely black at first plus there were monsters that try to stop you. Then when you enter these places, you enter a new screen where you have to kill different monsters. That is all I can remember about this game.

Second one is a fainter memory because it was rented only one time. It was a game of another bird's eye perspective yet it was completely different. It seemed like a fantasy, friendly game. It was you against different enemies inside a box or a battlefield that fills the whole screen. Almost feels like the old Tanks Atari game I remember with that boxed-in environment, but it's NES. With each level, after defeating all the enemies, you have to take out bosses that can do different tactics to kill you so you have to figure out how to beat them. I remembered one was really tough and my charging in to kill him wasn't working. I think some of the levels had really bright grounds.
    Hmm, the first game sounds like such a generic RPG... Really, the only that comes to my mind right now where you choose your four initial characters is the very first Final Fantasy.... The second game, sounds to me like Mendel Palace
    Mendel_Palace_NES_ScreenShot2.jpg

Thanks

I looked at a FF 1 gameplay and that is not it. The other thing about the game I forgot to mention is the four characters follow each other in a line while out in the world and any one of them can get hurt by enemies. I think the sprites were more basic than FF.

Mendel Palace. It looks like that's the game I remember though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kamoodle View Post

Could the first game you are talking about be Ultima? Just thinking of games were you have 4 players.
    IMA P.I.M.P.

Thanks

Thanks so much guys. Ultima and Mendel Palace are those games described I tried to remember for a long time. And yes, it was Ultima. I watched a Youtube video to make sure and I ended up remembering those games like I just played them recently.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kamoodle For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Glad I was able to figure out half of your query. Enjoy now your trip down memory lane, that´s what we are for here!
    Here´s a trivia bonus. Mendel Palace was developed by Game Freak, the same people who later developed a rather obscure and forgotten nintendo franchise... Pokemon!

Thanks

hello, i need help remembering the name of a game i remember playing this game for gameboy, but now all i can remember about it is that it's a fighting game, much like how mortal kombat or street fighter look like. and i also remember this one character in particular because i could never beat him, it's an old man and he's perched up on some sort of ball? i think it's Japanese because the characters sort of looked anime and the music and background did too. anyway that's all the tips i can give you, hope it helps! and please help this passionate gamer with nostalgia for the good old gaming days find this game, thank you

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by OneSoul47 View Post
    hello, i need help remembering the name of a game i remember playing this game for gameboy, but now all i can remember about it is that it's a fighting game, much like how mortal kombat or street fighter look like. and i also remember this one character in particular because i could never beat him, it's an old man and he's perched up on some sort of ball? i think it's Japanese because the characters sort of looked anime and the music and background did too. anyway that's all the tips i can give you, hope it helps! and please help this passionate gamer with nostalgia for the good old gaming days find this game, thank you
    Could it be
    Battle Arena Toshinden

Thanks

yes it is! thank you

Thanks

I played this game at a friend's house as a kid, I can't remember much about it but I'll do the best I can. You select a character from a heavy metal band, they all had guitars (I think) and I believe it was some kind of scrolling shooter (something tells me vertical scrolling). I do remember that it had big bosses and supported 2 players. I know it was on a SEGA console but I can't remember whether it was a Saturn or a genesis (I think it may have been the latter). Very vague, I know, but I'm hoping someone will know what it is.

Thanks

The first is much older, prolly DOS, not sure. You were in a school at night trying to avoid these robots/ghosts that were running a muck, while, if I remember correctly, trying to find some hidden message(s) in the classrooms to defeat said robot/ghosts.

Second game, you are, if I remember correctly, a robot that goes from a small school, up a mountain to a huge mansion-type building, where you must complete various minigames in order to get items to open up a door, and ultimately travel to some place/time around the world to stop a robot from messing up the world. You do this many times, and actually have a gallery that let's you look at every robot you've "rescued".
    Alright, lets see if these are it.. Your first game may be 'Midnight Rescue!'
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight_rescue
    And the other sounds like.. 'Mystery Mountain' from Jumpstart.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumpstart_3rd_Grade
    Lets hope these are it.. I gave the 3rd and 4th games an honest search but I can't find it on whatcha said. Do you remember any other key details? Game mechanics and overall themes are most helpful.
    Politeness is a universal language and everyone knows how to speak it, but some don't choose to.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result" -Einstein

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Xerino For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Elin View Post
    That's Popful Mail.
    horray for every JRPGs lovers