Page 47 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3742434445464748495051525797 ... LastLast

Thread: Forgot the name of a game? Post here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xenqwz View Post
    Beginning sounds like Diablo
    Going by his description, made me think more of the origonal Legacy of Kain. Though i've never actually played it, but i know it has that view and the whole one square movement.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by gezegond View Post
    I had a game for PS1 which was a kind of RPG with an isometric view. I remember there was a small town in which you could buy stuff and then you could go into dungeons and do dungeon crawling stuff. I also remember that when I was in town and my inventory was full, I would drop the items on the ground and they would be saved so I had a kind of unlimited inventory just by dropping all the stuff that I didn't need on the ground. Other stuff I remember is that you could only move in squares (move one square up, one square right, like that) but it was fully 3d, and that most weapons I would find would be some kind of Cestus.

Vagrant Story

Unsolved.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Stirkrzy View Post
    Going by his description, made me think more of the origonal Legacy of Kain. Though i've never actually played it, but i know it has that view and the whole one square movement.
    It wasn't sprite based, it was fully 3D.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklinky View Post
    Vagrant Story
    It wasn't that either, you could only move in squares.

I wish I could remember more, this was the first RPG game I ever played, I sank hours upon hours into it, and I can't even remember what it was. Frustration!

Thanks
    EP Points

Could be any tactics game really then

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Darklinky View Post
    Could be any tactics game really then
    This.

I've played almost every ps1 rpg at some point and I can't think of what it is. :/

Still grinding the gears on it though.

Edit: The item dropping aspect is throwing me off. Do you remember anything about the characters?
    Last edited by Gypsy; 10th-January-2012 at 04:26.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Still grinding the gears on it though.
    Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it.

I'm not sure if it was an RPG, I don't remember any leveling system. But then again, I didn't know the meaning of leveling system back then.

Thanks

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it.

I'm not sure if it was an RPG, I don't remember any leveling system. But then again, I didn't know the meaning of leveling system back then.
    Is the movement always grid based or only battles?

Thanks

I'm looking for one of GBC games. I made some research and I think it was one of Zoids series. When I was checking screenshots it looked like Liger Zero but it was full english. I'm sure you had tiger like mech, and you fought with him. That's all. Does it ring any bells?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by GigamanPL View Post
    I'm looking for one of GBC games. I made some research and I think it was one of Zoids series. When I was checking screenshots it looked like Liger Zero but it was full english. I'm sure you had tiger like mech, and you fought with him. That's all. Does it ring any bells?
    you may be thinking of zoids legacy for gba. That's the only US portable release for zoids, anyway.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by xenqwz View Post
    Is the movement always grid based or only battles?
    Always.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Do you remember anything about the characters?
    I don't remember having a party, It was only one guy. The only other character I remember is the shopkeeper. My character looked like a guy... kinda like looked like Ryo Hazuki from shenmue...

I just checked screenshots from all the PS1 RPG games in the GameRankings database, and it wasn't there. I have no idea what the hell is going on, it could be an early game that was never reviewed, it could be a game with English text that wasn't actually localized, or it could be a game from another dimension that I used to play when I was abducted by aliens as a kid.

Or it could be a game that's not really an RPG, I remember dungeon crawling, opening treasure chests (BIG treasure chests), and I remember shopping at the small town.

Here are some other stuff I remember:

I rarely saw enemies in the dungeons, they were maze like and finding your way in them was a chore in itself, enemies were really few but extremely powerful. I remember that I couldn't defeat even one enemy before I had found better gear after going into the dungeons for item hunting about 10 times.

When I equipped the Cestus like weapons (I'm not sure, but I think they were named brass knuckles in the game, they looked like what JIN wears on his hands in Tekken 3 (I don't know what they're called)), I could actually see them on my character's hands. I played the game a lot, but I don't remember finding a sword.

This was my first RPG, so I probably sucked at it. The enemies could be really weak and I might remember them being powerful because I sucked at the game.

The game didn't have battle sequences iirc, so it could have been an action RPG.

Dungeons were mostly made of hallways (single grid hallways), and the camera was really close, I could see about 4 or 5 grids ahead. I think the dungeons were automatically generated, but I could be wrong.

This is what the town looked like as far as I can remember, Of course I'm not sure about this either :

The empty space is where I would drop my items on the ground when my inventory was full.
    Last edited by gezegond; 11th-January-2012 at 18:40.

Thanks

I played the game on the PC, I guess it was only for the PC

I dont know when it came out, but I played it around like 2002(Really not sure about this)

I do remember there was A LOT of green in the game, it was about you, controlling your car, Which you could customize, or even change the whole car,, with guns and rocket ish stuff, when you are at the choose the map part there is this rlly weird guy, like some brown blob or such, in the bottom right corner of the screen, he was talking all random and stuff. ( I dont think they were even words)
    It was only with cars and for as far as I can remember there was no racing involved, just battles on a fairly large map, and you would look at your car from top-down view, there is no behind-the-steering wheel look or something
    Also, the maps were fairly large, but I could be wrong.
    I have this feeling the title was like, an four lettr word . . . . But that I just an guess, it could just as well be longer
    Can someone please help me? I would really appreciate it

And it is not Death rally or spyhunter 2

SOLVED
    Last edited by Meltdown; 13th-January-2012 at 15:56.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Meltdown View Post
    I played the game on the PC, I guess it was only for the PC

I dont know when it came out, but I played it around like 2002(Really not sure about this)

I do remember there was A LOT of green in the game, it was about you, controlling your car, Which you could customize, or even change the whole car,, with guns and rocket ish stuff, when you are at the choose the map part there is this rlly weird guy, like some brown blob or such, in the bottom right corner of the screen, he was talking all random and stuff. ( I dont think they were even words)
    It was only with cars and for as far as I can remember there was no racing involved, just battles on a fairly large map, and you would look at your car from top-down view, there is no behind-the-steering wheel look or something
    Also, the maps were fairly large, but I could be wrong.
    I have this feeling the title was like, an four lettr word . . . . But that I just an guess, it could just as well be longer
    Can someone please help me? I would really appreciate it

And it is not Death rally or spyhunter 2
    was it 3D or 2D?

Thanks

was it 3D or 2D?
    It was 3d, it had a small angle with the top-down view

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by joethulhu View Post
    This might be a difficult one.

This was several years ago, 2004-2005. It was a third person RPG for PS2. You could create your own character, and it was at least two-player co-op. I have only very vague memories of it, as I only played it for maybe half an hour, but I really enjoyed it and have been wishing I could remember the name for years. I only remember that you had a choice of races, one of which was an elf. I don't remember anything else about the customization. I think it may have been a topdown beat-em-up or button-masher, but I'm not sure. That might be a large category, but I'd probably know from screenshots whether it was right or not.
    Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance I/II? Only just tried it out though, thought it was awful.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Meltdown View Post
    It was 3d, it had a small angle with the top-down view
    Did it look anything like this?

"The Interstate '76 Arsenal"