Page 33 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334353637384383133 ... LastLast

Thread: Forgot the name of a game? Post here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Constipated Rat View Post
    @flaming shadow

Go to Youtube and type in - SD Lupin The Third

Is that it?
    OMG THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH
    listen, I just had the worst few months of my life
    I lost my parents, my best friend, and a lot of other things
    I've been so depressed
    but finding this game that I loved as a child has just made my day
    thank you so much
    you just made an emo kid smile

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MepsiPax View Post
    This is going to be vague because it was around 10 years ago and I only ever played the game once at a friend's house, but I'm looking for a game that could have been a LEGO game (or a mini-game within) where you had to place springs, trampolines, treadmills and other contraptions to get your guy to the end of the level (think of a chain reaction, kinda like a Rube Goldberg machine). The character would start moving in a direction and you would place things in his path to get him to change direction, jump, etc.

Hopefully somebody knows what game I'm talking about, haha. I'll see if I can help anyone else out in the thread.
    Only partially related, but look up "The Incredible Machine", specially the 3rd.
    100% sure you'll dig it.
    It's an old game that fits your description well and could bring you hours of fun even if it's not the same game you're looking for.
    It's for PC so it might not be available here on EP.

Ah, you might just as well like Lumines

Check them out and tell me if you liked them!
    I am Mega Man, I'm blue and cyan - the creation of Dr Light (or Right, if you're from Japan)
    Also known as Rockman

My Mega Buster can cut the mustard, I'm a flustered amputee
    POW POW!
    Eight robot bosses in eight levels dishevel and revel in devilry,
    I'll steal their weaponry!

I am also known as the "Blue Bomber"
    I could shoot the legs off Jeffrey Dahmer
    Kill a robot fish, kill a robot frog,
    and then I ride off on my robot dog...

JOIN THE SHMUP MANIACS! Arcade & home console 2D shmups!

vThanks button, down herev

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cocozz View Post
    Ah yes, that's the one.

It's definately a real game, i played it way too much to ever forget it, i can remember it well in my head, it's just explaining it that's difficult.

It isn't mappy, you play as some sort of businessman/1920s gangster. The screen didn't scroll like on mappy and elevator action, but it reminds me of if you crossed those games together. The gorilla was only on one level (out of thousands).
    Quote Originally Posted by Constipated Rat View Post
    @Cocozz

was it Pipi Bibi..
    YES, YES IT IS!!
    Also thank you Rat, I've been looking for this game for months!
    I am Mega Man, I'm blue and cyan - the creation of Dr Light (or Right, if you're from Japan)
    Also known as Rockman

My Mega Buster can cut the mustard, I'm a flustered amputee
    POW POW!
    Eight robot bosses in eight levels dishevel and revel in devilry,
    I'll steal their weaponry!

I am also known as the "Blue Bomber"
    I could shoot the legs off Jeffrey Dahmer
    Kill a robot fish, kill a robot frog,
    and then I ride off on my robot dog...

JOIN THE SHMUP MANIACS! Arcade & home console 2D shmups!

vThanks button, down herev

Thanks

Okay, I have very little to go on for this game, but here goes.
    So, it was a game on the SNES, and you were this guy, and the only thing I remember about it is on the first screen you walked to the right and I kept standing on something (could have been an alien slug thing) and it killed me, I could never advance past that screen, haha. I'm pretty sure the character was barefoot, too. I think the title began with an A, but other than that I have absolutely no clue. Sorry I don't have anything more to go on, I must have played last when I was 5, so my memory of it is VERY vague.
    SOLVE It's called "Another World", or "Out Out Of This World" in America.
    Last edited by damian; 3rd-August-2011 at 18:21.

Thanks
    EP Points

I am looking for an old DOS game that I remember playing a long time ago, probably in the early 1990s. I don't remember much for a description, but it was some kind of a 3-D maze where you would try to find the exit (I think). I vaguely remember there being ball-type enemies you could see, large ones that blocked you. I don't know how many levels it had because I never beat it. I am pretty sure it was in a first-person perspective, but not positive.

I faintly remember some of the music for it, but I can't really post a description of that.

I wish I could provide more details, but I can't quite remember any more. Does anyone have any ideas on which game I could be remembering?

Thanks!

SOLVED - the game is Ken's Labyrinth (thanks Colamisu!)
    Last edited by pgyrund; 9th-August-2011 at 12:53. Reason: update to Solved

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by pgyrund View Post
    I am looking for an old DOS game that I remember playing a long time ago, probably in the early 1990s. I don't remember much for a description, but it was some kind of a 3-D maze where you would try to find the exit (I think). I vaguely remember there being ball-type enemies you could see, large ones that blocked you. I don't know how many levels it had because I never beat it. I am pretty sure it was in a first-person perspective, but not positive.

I faintly remember some of the music for it, but I can't really post a description of that.

I wish I could provide more details, but I can't quite remember any more. Does anyone have any ideas on which game I could be remembering?

Thanks!

UNSOLVED
    Not DOS AFAIK, but maybe Faceball?
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by pgyrund View Post

Thanks!

UNSOLVED
    Unfortunately, that's extremely vague and fits an entire genre of DOS games. The first two things that come to mind, though, are Moraff's Dungeons of the Unforgiven/Moraff's World, which had a Giant Ball enemy that was fairly common and had a ridiculous amount of hit points despite being fairly innocuous, and the 3D Maze screensaver in Windows 95/98/etc. I don't think it's either of those, though, since the former starts you off at the top floor of a subterranean dungeon, and the latter doesn't contain enemies.

Wikipedia picture of the Giant Ball in Moraff's World, with odd coloration due to different display settings. Also, there are a few different ways you can have the screen laid out, so don't go just by that.
    Spoiler warning:
    Last edited by Colamisu; 4th-August-2011 at 21:35.

Thanks
    EP Points

Google and Colamisu,

Thank you for your suggestions, but those are not what I am looking for. I actually already have those two games from Moraff, but those are separate from what I remember. I am quite certain that the action in my game was continuous, not like those two Moraff games, where things only happen when you take a step or perform some other move. I also know there was music in my game, because I can remember some of it, if only slightly.

I realized my description was quite generic when I posted this. I really wish I could remember more, but I just can't. If I do happen to remember anything else, I'll be sure to put it down.

Thanks again for your help.

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh, real time. That cuts down the list by quite a lot. Is it possible it was one of the early first person shooters, like a Doom or Wolfenstein clone?

I know that in Ken's Labyrinth, your main attack is shooting a big red ball. It's entirely possible you're misremembering that as an enemy that blocked your way.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Colamisu For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I have very little info on this game. Seeing as I'm looking for it for a friend.

From what he says I assume that it is an RPG, the main character is male and uses a flute to summon assistance. There is a female character who changes into animal costumes which give her different abilities. That is all the info I have...any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    EP Points

Colamisu,

Wow, I think that one is it! I looked at the page for Ken's Labyrinth and downloaded the music for it while there. I immediately recognized one of the tunes I remembered from that game. Thank you very much for that!

Amazing, isn't it? I can still remember a piece of music from a game I played almost two decades ago. This is the second time I was able to find an old game by remembering music from it.

Thank you again for your help!

Thanks

So I played this kid's game a long long time ago. It was some point-and-click game where you were a monster(?), and one of them says in a stupid accent, "Righty-o, Chief Inspector." I also remember clicking on a mushroom and it made a stupid "fungi/fun guy" joke. Does anyone know what this is? It's been bugging me forever.

Thanks

Exclamation Really bugging me....

Hey guys,

This has been bugging me for a while,

I believe the platform for this game is PS1, and the game i cant remember was played from a demo disk.

The player starts outside, its daylight, and there are some explosive barrels nearby, i believe the player also starts with a weapon, theres also a door which leads inside a large building. As the player progresses they come across enemies, i believe they were aliens of some sort. Eventually the player reaches an exit, which ends the demo. I know this isnt much to go on, but its all i remember

Would love it if someone could either A.) Point out which demo disk this was on (was a UK demo disk), or the actual game name itself.

-Thanks in advance.

Thanks

I remember playing this one game for gamecube. I remember it vaguely. You were an animal that was a cube with only a certain number of limbs and, you bred at the end of every level, and got another limb. Does anyone know what that game is?
    <a href=http://www.youtube.com/user/toucanboy888?feature=mhee target=_blank>http://www.youtube.com/user/toucanboy888?feature=mhee</a>

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by toucanboy888 View Post
    I remember playing this one game for gamecube. I remember it vaguely. You were an animal that was a cube with only a certain number of limbs and, you bred at the end of every level, and got another limb. Does anyone know what that game is?
    cubeivore

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean