Page 30 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2025262728293031323334354080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Forgot the name of a game? Post here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zidaneleonhart View Post
    I remember a game I rented a LONG time ago, I can't remember whether it was on PS1 or N64 but, the MC was a little kid with blue hair and kind of looked like a clown. And no, it's not BOFIII. Any thoughts? :/
    Ahh that's it!! thank you!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scarmiglionne4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazurit View Post
    - Game on Sega Mega Drive/Genesis (probably). It was on Sega video game console (100%).
    - The game was probably set in medieval (fantasy) world.
    - Main Hero (maybe there was more characters) looked like Conan the Barbarian, however it's look like he attacking the enemies only by fists and maybe by legs (I'm not quite sure there was sword used to attack).
    - As for games genre it was either adventure (more probably) and beat'em up (less probably) set in 2D environments [it was more probably 2D side-scrolling game (just like Ninja Gaiden) than 2,5D isometric view game (just like Double Dragon)].
    - As for gameplay I remember only two events (probably in the begining of the game). First included climbing/crossing on the line (from left to right just like sometimes in God of War)
    during snow-flurry (actually snow can be only my imagination). Second refers to boss (or sub-boss) fight with witch (or some kind sorceress or phantom/spectre) set probably in 2,5D isometric view (again I'm not quite sure, it was 2D or 2,5D game). This enemy can be first boss/sub-boss in the game.
    - In the end I left most significant element of the gameplay. After beating of the boss there was possibility to make a choice between two items/tonics/case-bottles/elixirs (or there was only one item). If player made a right choice get some kind of power-up (e.g. renew his life-bar). If player had a bad luck lost some HP or even entire life.

That's all I remember (I saw this game almost 15 years ago so all this information and memories are guite faded nowadays).
    Thanks in advance for any kind of help.
    Oki Doki Man

Wrong answers: Altered Beast. Shapeshifter. Rastan Saga games (but those are very similar I asked).
    It sounds a bit like Shapeshifter on the Turbo Duo but that would not be a Sega System... Could it be one of the Rastan Saga games?
    Nope. Neither Shapeshifter nor Rastan Saga games (but those are very similar I asked). BTW thanks for info about those games. I'll definitely check it out!
    Last edited by Mazurit; 13th-July-2011 at 21:44.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cabose117 View Post
    Gonna see if anyone might have any ideas yet. And it's not Carmeggadon.
    Well,i'm gonna make a wild guess here...It could be Necrodome http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyFkLkVEGV0

Or maybe Redline http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsMjO...eature=related

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Google View Post
    Perhaps it's OverBlood?
    Nope, but thanks for trying.

Thanks

Okay, this one's really old, but I really hope somebody recognizes it. I played this back in the early 90's on the Apple II at school. The game was about an old house, each room had a riddle to solve, and when you solved enough riddles, it let you go to the next floor. You start out in the basement, and the ending is in the attic, where you choose between 3 chests. One chest had diamonds or something, but I always chose the wrong one, sending me back to the basement.
    It had a combination of color graphics and a simple text parser. The title was something like "Manor of Mystery" or "Riddle Castle", something like that. It definitely was not Mystery House, this was similar, but with color graphics and was a riddle-based treasure hunt, not a murder mystery.
    Please help, I'm dying to relive the memories!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Baumshlager View Post
    Well,i'm gonna make a wild guess here...It could be Necrodome http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyFkLkVEGV0

Or maybe Redline http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsMjO...eature=related
    Neither, unfortunately.

Thanks

Default ps1 game

i loved this ps1 game when i was a kid, but now i cant remember the name of it. you played as the guy with pink-ish hair, and you jumped on stuff to kill it. most of the enemies were pigs of some sort. help would be appreciated!

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Ernsberger View Post
    i loved this ps1 game when i was a kid, but now i cant remember the name of it. you played as the guy with pink-ish hair, and you jumped on stuff to kill it. most of the enemies were pigs of some sort. help would be appreciated!
    Easy one Tomba!
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

Still can't find that one i was looking for, so i'm going to post a few more questions.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The first one: A 2.5D game, like double dragon, you played as a man wearing dark red trousers, and a little man in a suit of blue armour sitting on your head. I think you could press a button and transform into a small tiger, which the tiny man would ride on. He attacked with a mace and you attacked with your fists. Every so often a giant gorillas face would appear in the background and his hands would smash through a wall. You had to attack his hands. At the end of the game you fought against some giant pig thing that can't move. I think it was next to a prison. Also, you could find this powerup about 4 times in the game, which turned you into a small red dragon.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I don't remember much about this one. It was a side on view of a building (like that terrible hotel mario game), you played as a short man in a blue(?) suit, you could have one or two players, i think the second one was red. the whole thing took place in some buildings, one levels was a nightclub/bar/strip-club with a bouncey floor to get you to the other floors of the level. Most of the time you used elevators to get around the level, they were usually at the sides, but sometimes smaller ones in the middle. The first few levels were in an office-like place. One of the (VERY) later on levels (This game seemingly never ended, i played it for 8 hours straight once) was in a construction site, with a gorrila near the top. I think you saved women on some levels. I don't remember anything about attacking, or the enemys. I think there were spray painted walls with your score on them after each level (maybe each section). You wore some sort of fedora hat. You and all the enemies were short. I don't think you could jump, apart from when using those trampoline things, which were more like shining bit of floor.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That's all i can remember from those. Thanks in advance.

-Edit- These are all arcade games, why did i forget to say that?
    Last edited by Cocozz; 15th-July-2011 at 09:10. Reason: Stupidity.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cocozz View Post
    I don't remember much about this one. It was a side on view of a building (like that terrible hotel mario game), you played as a short man in a blue(?) suit, you could have one or two players, i think the second one was red. the whole thing took place in some buildings, one levels was a nightclub/bar/strip-club with a bouncey floor to get you to the other floors of the level. Most of the time you used elevators to get around the level, they were usually at the sides, but sometimes smaller ones in the middle. The first few levels were in an office-like place. One of the (VERY) later on levels (This game seemingly never ended, i played it for 8 hours straight once) was in a construction site, with a gorrila near the top. I think you saved women on some levels. I don't remember anything about attacking, or the enemys. I think there were spray painted walls with your score on them after each level (maybe each section). You wore some sort of fedora hat. You and all the enemies were short. I don't think you could jump, apart from when using those trampoline things, which were more like shining bit of floor.
    Mappy?

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to skullpoker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Sounds to me like you're combining Mappy and the original Donkey Kong, to be honest.

Thanks

I played this game back in 2001 or 2002, I believe it was either for the GBC or the SNES, and the plot, or what I can remember is you went to some park, feel asleep and work up as a creature(The creatures are kind like Pokemon, Also this is not mystery dungeon.) And that is all I can remember aside from having to kill some guy that reminded me of a Mantee with Yellow things on its head. Any clue as to what it was would be appreciated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cocozz View Post
    Still can't find that one i was looking for, so i'm going to post a few more questions.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The first one: A 2.5D game, like double dragon, you played as a man wearing dark red trousers, and a little man in a suit of blue armour sitting on your head. I think you could press a button and transform into a small tiger, which the tiny man would ride on. He attacked with a mace and you attacked with your fists. Every so often a giant gorillas face would appear in the background and his hands would smash through a wall. You had to attack his hands. At the end of the game you fought against some giant pig thing that can't move. I think it was next to a prison. Also, you could find this powerup about 4 times in the game, which turned you into a small red dragon.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That's all i can remember from those. Thanks in advance.

-Edit- These are all arcade games, why did i forget to say that?
    First one is Wild Fang or Tecmo Knight.. one is a clone of the other. Just thought to mention that incase you are running mame and may need both.

Is that second description 2 games?.... A part of it sounds like Elevator Action.
    Last edited by Constipated Rat; 16th-July-2011 at 00:21.

Thanks

First one is Wild Fang or Tecmo Knight.. one is a clone of the other. Just thought to mention that incase you are running mame and may need both.
    Ah yes, that's the one.
    Sounds to me like you're combining Mappy and the original Donkey Kong, to be honest.
    It's definately a real game, i played it way too much to ever forget it, i can remember it well in my head, it's just explaining it that's difficult.

It isn't mappy, you play as some sort of businessman/1920s gangster. The screen didn't scroll like on mappy and elevator action, but it reminds me of if you crossed those games together. The gorilla was only on one level (out of thousands).
    Last edited by Cocozz; 16th-July-2011 at 07:23.

Thanks

@Cocozz

was it Pipi Bibi..

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Constipated Rat For This Useful Post: