Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gare plays Thief - Deadly Shadows (aka lol dat accent)*

Thanks
    EP Points

Time to enter Old Quarter. It's also time to meet the Keeper Enforcers. Ah, the Enforcers. You gotta love them. Their motto is pretty much "do not fuck with the Keepers". In other words, the peaceful times of silently sneaking around the city while enjoying the view are over. It's time for war.

Old Quarter

Next time, we explore Fort Ironwood and its catacombs.

Thanks
    EP Points

In this update, I kick ass for the Lord. In other words, I clear out the zombie-infested catacombs beneath Fort Ironwood. We also encounter a new type of undead - the super creepy zombified Hammerites.

Fort Ironwood

Next up is the Keeper Compound, an unexpectedly creepy mission. Towards the end, at least. The story comes to a rather interesting turning point as we finally discover the identity of our true enemy, who's also the main antagonist of the entire game.

Thanks
    EP Points

Here's the Keeper Compound update. We sneak into the most sacred halls of the Keepers to learn more about what Orland might be planning. However, what awaits us at Caduca's murder site is something unexpected - something that is a bigger threat than the Hammerites, the Pagans and Keepers together. Also, hopefully you're hungry when you're reading this, because I'll be talking about food.

The Keeper Compound

Next time, the story takes us to Auldale district, and we finally meet up with Inspector Drept. The enemy we're facing is quite formidable, so we'll need all the help we can get.

Thanks
    EP Points

We're off to Auldale now in order to visit Inspector Drept, probably the only man who can help us learn something about the Hag. Auldale isn't a terribly big district, so this'll be a relatively short update.

Auldale

Next time, we enter the Cradle. Oh yes. The most memorable mission for pretty much everyone who played this game.

Thanks
    EP Points

THE TIME HAS COME.

If you're even a little bit interested in the game or this playthrough, you've probably been looking forward to this mission the most. It's also the longest mission in the entire game, hence the 9 parts.

As for the Cradle itself, I can only quote Dante - abandon hope all ye who enter here.

The Shalebridge Cradle

Next time, the Hag reveals herself in front of everyone in one of the coolest cutscenes ever.

Thanks
    EP Points

Okay, so this time we're entering the lion's den. And by lion I mean an immortal Hag who can murder us and everyone we've ever cared for without really breaking a sweat. Good thing she's not home, so we can easily sneak into her hideout. Her stone warriors are, of course, there to greet us, but it's not a problem that a generous amount of well-placed mines couldn't solve. In other words, it's hunting season for living statues.

Gamall's Lair

Next time, in the final mission of the game, we break into the Wieldstrom Museum. As you might imagine, a museum is pretty much a thief's wetdream - there's so much valuable loot on this mission it' not even funny. Too bad we won't be needing it since we're almost at the end of the game, anyway.

Thanks
    EP Points

Time to fill our pockets with some museum loot. And admire the exhibits while we're at it. The Wieldstrom Museum is actually a really cool place, and a pretty satisfying final mission, I really can't complain. Time to steal all the necessary artifacts and stop the Hag once and for all.

The Wieldstrom Museum

Alright, the next update will be the last one. Garrett vs. everyone else. It'll be fun.

Thanks
    EP Points

Time for the final battle - which isn't exactly a battle, just Garrett throwing flashbombs left and right while running away, trying not to be killed by the Hag. That's right, we actually come face to face with the Hag on the city streets. And she's pissed.

The Final Battle; Epilogue

And that wraps up my playthrough of Thief: Deadly Shadows. Amazing game, right? It's been fun, I certainly enjoyed making the LP, so hopefully the few of you who watched till the end also enjoyed it.

And obviously, any comments and/or questions about the game or the LP are welcome.

Thanks

This would be a good walkthrough for me to finish this game! Thanks a lot Gare!