Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: scariest day of my life.

sickboy Guest

Unhappy scariest day of my life.

damn its been a day....I am just winding down now. my 5 year old daughter cut her head open really bad. from hairline to eyebrow. so deep you could see the bone. I took her to the local fire station, I live in a rural area so 911 is out of the question. the fire station is really close by. so they did what they could and called and ambulance. which took 40 minutes to arrive and another 40 minutes to get to the hospital. at the emergency room the doc sayed a plastic surgion would be better but none were available. and the nature of the cut. it had to be closed so he did it himself. she got 13 stitches. she was so tough and brave I am really proud of her. I dunno if I could have been so calm with an injury like that. luckely I clicked into dad mode and was able to hold myself together and think clearly. I swear it looked like someone threw a gallon of blood on her. I know head wounds bleed alot but I had never seen anything like it in real life. in the ER the nurse removed the dressing that the firemen put on and I got my first good look at the cut without all the blood. I felt sick to my stomach and wanted to cry for her. but I knew if I did it would upset her. I am scared she will have a scar now. she is so beutiful she doesn't deserve all this.
    anyways I am still to wired to relax and go to sleep. she is sleeping in bed with my wife, and is doing well. I know things could be worse but in 7 years of parenting I've never delt with anything worse than skinned knees and bee stings.

SpanKy Guest

Default aaaaaaahhhh, i just felt that

i really wish she gets better, but... how did she get that cut?

sickboy Guest

a large picture fell off the wall, she was playing with her brother and one of them must have bumped the wall. My son feels really bad, he thinks it's his fault. I keep telling him it was an accadent and no one is mad at him. but he is vary sensative.

Thanks

That's tough...You're a good dad. Can see that in your lines. And I hate to say it, but when it's to the bone, It'll become a scar. But that doesn't matter. A scar won't kill you. There's nothing wrong with it. everyone got a scar. If you think she'll be alone for her life, naaahh don't believe so. notin' will happen.
    I'm just a lurker these days, I feel like an 80 year old gramps, watching his grand children play outside *sigh*

battousai Guest

good thing you kept your calm... don't worry... as long as she's all right... nothing elses matters... right?

Tal Guest

Default Hope you're feeling better

You did a fine job holding back your tears man, and it shows what a fine job you're making of fatherhood, (and that's never easy.) Try not to worry about the scar thing, she'll get used to it and it won't look as bad as she ages. My cousin fell off a 15ft wall when she was 8; man there was a bloodstain on the pavement (i mean sidewalk ) for weeks. She had about 12 stitches I think. She's 21 now and you can hardly see the scar. And don't forget: whatever doesn't destroy you makes you stronger.

Respect.

Thanks

Default Re: Hope you're feeling better

Originally posted by Tal
    And don't forget: whatever doesn't destroy you makes you stronger.

Respect.
    *Snif* Wise words *snif*
    I'm just a lurker these days, I feel like an 80 year old gramps, watching his grand children play outside *sigh*

Christopher Time Guest

Ugh.. And I thought my day was starting off bad..
    My disease has semi-flared up, I�fm sore all over and I can�ft sleep for the life of me..
    I was pretty upset with myself.. But after hearing this I feel a little ashamed..
    It pales in comparison to what I�fve been going through.. I�fm seriously sorry..
    You did a good job holding yourself together as much as you did.
    I�fm not sure how well I�fd react in a situation like that...

marcelommf Guest

Default Re: Hope you're feeling better

Originally posted by Tal
    My cousin fell off a 15ft wall when she was 8; man there was a bloodstain on the pavement (i mean sidewalk ) for weeks. She had about 12 stitches I think. She's 21 now and you can hardly see the scar. And don't forget: whatever doesn't destroy you makes you stronger.
    The more young you are, greater are the chances of the scar to disappear. This is due to the child's body being in development. I really hope this can help you feel better, sickboy.

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't know a thing about this, as I am just 12.

But it sounds awful....

sickboy Guest

thanks guys for your kind words. I feel better today. she is playing normally. my wife is pretty jumpy still. last night was horrid I couldn't sleep untill about 5:30 am I just was laying there and the events of the day going though my head.

Zerostrike Guest

That does sound horrid. Hope you never have to go through that again.

gotenx Guest

hey well done i think you behaved oin the right way.

I have been stabbed in the stomach with a kitchen knife and shot so I know wot u were going through, my parents were the same

Zerostrike Guest

Wow. Both accidents, right?

gotenx Guest

nope my best m8 stabbed me in english class and my other best mates cousin sprta snipered me from his flat or apartment, but im ok now