Thread: EPforum toolbar/add-on

Thanks
    EP Points

Default EPforum toolbar/add-on

Has anybody ever thought of making/made a firefox toolbar or add-on for epforums? I think it would be a nice little trinket to bring us all a little closer.

I was just thinking about it while sitting here bored, I'd try making one, just because it would give me something productive to do rather than lurk around the internet like a zombie. The only thing is, I'm not too great of a programmer, i've only got a year of AP computer science under my belt and its all dealt with JAVA, so i'd probably work on it for half an hour - then never touch it again.

I'm in ur head, raping ur cerebral cortex
    Thanks

what exactly would this thing do?

Thanks

Suppose an RSS feed that shows latest updated threads, or who's online or whatever. Iunno, seems like a lot of work for little gain.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SA-X View Post
    Suppose an RSS feed that shows latest updated threads, or who's online or whatever. Iunno, seems like a lot of work for little gain.
    Yep, seen these on other massive forums and even still they are not that successfull.

Thanks

Ok you make ill use it.
    I love tekken.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuya Mishima View Post
    Ok you make ill use it.
    Would you though? I mean, for those that use the forum as an extension of the main site, they have the box on the top of the main site showing the activity; for those that're here all the time, well...they're here all the time . And I for one wouldn't see the point in cluttering up my browser with a function that serves 1/5 of purpose that the rest do.

Negative, yes, but tbh if you're going to put time and effort into the forum it may aswell be something a bit more beneficial.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'd definitely use an extension that keeps me updated on...well, updated threads. I don't really hang out here too much, but it'd be nice to know when threads of interest are updated.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well if you want I could set up and RSS feed. That would just mean more server is busy messages right now though

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Panda Man View Post
    Well if you want I could set up and RSS feed. That would just mean more server is busy messages right now though
    Not you.

Anyone but you. >____>

<3

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Panda Man View Post
    Is it possible to have a feed that shows each thread independently though? Does vB have an RSS addon? Or would it be crazy coding shit?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Banned View Post
    what exactly would this thing do?
    Like you guys all said, it would mainly be to just keep you updated with thread posts and what not, at least how i was thinking of it.

My idea was to just have a little pop-up type thing (Like what the new AIM does when a friend signs on or off) that way, you dont have to keep refreshing the page to see whats being said. This especially for the hangout. I've never tried coding anything of the sort, so i have no idea how complicated or time consuming it would actually be.

Thanks
    EP Points

Nice RSS Feed panda

edit:// I take that back. It's nothing.
    Last edited by Ryan; 13th-March-2008 at 04:16.