Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kid dies imitating Gaara

Thanks

Wow.... this is both sad, and STUPID!!!
    My Trade List (Updated: Jan 24, 2007). Now Taking Requests.

This is teh Intarwebz...We care not for Copyrights!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnos View Post
    Thankfully, this idiocy removed him from the gene pool prior to reproduction.

For this, we can be grateful.
    Not funny.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MexiSnake View Post
    Not funny.
    but true nonetheless...

Thanks

I think the point everyone is missing here is the physiological possibility of actually being buried head first in the sand to your chest. First off how deep is this fuckin sand box? most I played in as a child were like a foot deep. and the fact that he was in there, upside down long enough for them to start packing it around him enough to not be able to get out, seems a little shaky to me. Even if they did dig out the almost 8 cubic feet of sand (which most ten year olds would give up on long before) one of the four had to go "yeah are you sure you want to try this?" I don't think it was an accident at all.

Don't get me wrong yeah its sad and yeah one way or another the kids weren't acting like normal thinking human-beings, but apparently we have some cold hearted bastards here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MexiSnake View Post
    Not funny.
    What's not funny is you not seeing the humor in it.

Some dumbass kid got himself dead. Good. Less stupidity in the next generation.

Thanks

Even if they got him out of there, it wouldn't make a bit of difference. They will find someone to blame, and it won't be long til they start blaming cartoons for incidents like that. Before long, they'll blame the First Amendment for being "unsafe for children." what will the parents do next, though? Arrest my laptop for hardware failure? Sure this tragedy was preventable, but I can imagine the fallout of what could eventually happen. Remember kids, there's "safe" and then there's "overprotectiveness as a result of safeness" not that there's anything wrong with safety. The kids are gonna do something stupid eventually, regardless of the risks involved. The more we tighten the laws, the more we realize that the very laws designed to keep us safe are doing more harm than good. I'm not trying to justify what happened, though. I'm not as cold-hearted as people would like to think.
    all your base are belong to us :Arc:

Thanks

Come on, you know where you find sympathy in the dictionary don't you?
    Between Shit and Syphiliss. no one wants that.
    I tried to look at the link but the stories expire or something, while the death of any child is tragic you can't get all bent-up about every death, children of any age try things they shouldn't most of the time they end up fine and have a couple of bruises and cuts and a story to tell their mates.

On the flip-side this can happen, sad to hear about it but not really going to change my day to day routine. Oh and just to add for some sick humor; Why didn't the friends(assuming he wasn't alone) look to an old woman for help, maybe they weren't hardcore Naruto fans, that's the real crime here

SomeTimes You must Take that leap of faith. Someone will always be there to catch you.