Thread: What would be Best PSX emulator for me?

ZantetsukeN Guest

Default What would be Best PSX emulator for me?

I have a 1.3ghz comp with amd athlon processor nearly the newest one..i dun have a voodoo card or any with opengl but i have the l8est direct X ... i would be glad if sum1 could tell me what would be the best..

sorry if i never expained it well just that i dun know everything bout my comp lol.

thank you.. much appreciated

Zerostrike Guest

I'm sorry, but I do need your RAM, and your graphics card. You can find out what your graphics card is by right clicking "My Computer" and then clicking "Properties." Then go to "Device Manager" and click on "Display adapters." Your RAM will be displayed when you first accsess the properties of "My Computer."

Christopher Time Guest

Well even still.. The best PSX emu is ePSXe, and in most cases it runs great on computers with a lot less.
    Untill you list a little more info I suggest you use that and see what the results are.

ZantetsukeN Guest

My graphics crad is called..

Trident video Accelerator Blade 3D/Promedia

my processor is AMD athlon XP 1500+

and my ram is 248

Zerostrike Guest

Just to be on the safe side, get VGS. If you're running XP though, get ePSXe. VGS is much better for beginners than ePSXe is.

ZantetsukeN Guest

oh ok yeah i am running on XP , but i heard that epsxe needs opengl support..

Zerostrike Guest

It doesn't need it. I reccomend using P.E.O.P.S. soft plugin. The graphics won't look better, but you should get a nice speed. I think your graphics card is an old one. Like 1997 or something.

ZantetsukeN Guest

Thanx for your help..

much appreciated

Zerostrike Guest

You're welcome.

ZantetsukeN Guest

Originally posted by Zerostrike
    It doesn't need it. I reccomend using P.E.O.P.S. soft plugin. .
    Where would i find that plug-in???

Zerostrike Guest

www.ngemu.com has it. You need WinRar or WinAce to uncompress it.

ZantetsukeN Guest

ok ty ..

much appreciated.

Thanks

Originally posted by Zerostrike
    It doesn't need it. I reccomend using P.E.O.P.S. soft plugin. The graphics won't look better, but you should get a nice speed. I think your graphics card is an old one. Like 1997 or something.
    Just keep in mind the new version of P.E.O.P.S. soft plugin(ver 1.60) is slower than the previous(ver 1.50). So make sure you have the right setting.
    If you don't like the graphics quality, try Pete's D3D, maybe your card supports it.

They are hot, aren't they??

Zerostrike Guest

It is huh, I didn't know that. Still, he should have enough CPU power to make up for it.