Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of a PS3/Which Games Do I Need To Get?

Thanks

Default Thinking of a PS3.

I got an offer for an almost brand new ps3 80gb in trade for my 360.

I've played through all the xbox 360 exclusives, and there seems to be only a few coming out this year (gears of war 2, fable 2) that I'd even want to play. Plus, they're coming out like november/december, and I'll probably have money to get another 360 by then.

I've been kind of anti-ps3, but I don't know. It looks like there's a lot to it.

I beat most of my games and a lot of them are on PC anyways, where I could always get if need be.

I have yet to play a TON of ps1 and ps2 games actually (never played through ff7, ff8, ff 12, personas, shadow of the colossus and about 200 more.) I think it might be a good time to get one? Along with the ps3 games.

The 80gb comes with the motor sport bundle.

Kind of bored with my 360 right now, thought it might be a good time to try something new...

The manufacturing date on their ps3 is march 07, but they got it in december. Is their any problems with the ps3 like the 360 where it could cause hardware issues?

Is the 80gb a good model to have? Plays most of the ps2 and ps1 games, right?

Is the web browsing and linux easy to install and stuff, also how's online service? I know it's no xbox live, but is it pretty well made and getting better?

What are some must get PS1, PS2, PS3 games?
    Last edited by Libra; 2nd-March-2008 at 21:26.
    -= PSN Name is StellarSublime =-

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Libra View Post
    Is the web browsing and linux easy to install and stuff, also how's online service? I know it's no xbox live, but is it pretty well made and getting better?
    The online service is really dependent on the game, a few examples would be skate vs. call of duty. Skate HAS an online service, but i havent played a single match without there being incredibly choppy gameplay (your play fine, but everyone around you jumps around from lag). Call of Duty has incredibly good onlinem and im thankful for it. The PSN is nice, lets you buy old ps1 games - the ones they've put up - and supposedly soon to be ps2 games as well, according to rumors.

Edit: oh! and web browsing is already there, linux is easy to install if you have an HDTV (720p or 1080p), its a little trickier if you have 480 or 1080i, at least it is for Yellow Dog.

Thanks

Well, I just have standard tv's in the house for now..am I still able to use/install it?

Also, about blu-ray..can I still watch blu ray on standard tv, I know I won't get the benefits, but would I still be able to watch it?

Thanks
    EP Points

i havent tested that out, im not much of a movie goer, but my guess would be that you can.

you still can install yellow dog linux onto your ps3 with an SDTV, you just have to do the text install, which is just a little more confusing -- but its not bad.

Thanks
    EP Points

I really want a PS3 and have done for some time, I would do this deal if I were you. Although if your 360's drive is flashable I would definitely install iXtreme onto it and keep it.

Thanks

Yea,h I'm really thinking about it. Plus with the library of ps2 and 1 games I'd like to ply again or haven't played, It sounds a lot more appealing.

Thanks
    EP Points

and there is no need for memory cards!

Thanks

I am really considering selling my PS3. I haven't touched it for a while, and MGS3 isn't out until like June.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    You guy are welcome anytime We have bowling and Steak & Shake. Bring beer. I like beer.

Thanks
    EP Points

you mean mgs4 , and june isnt that far away, its well worth the wait. Hideo Kojima is a great man. MGS4 is the reason i bought my ps3

Plus, ps3 has a lot going for it this year, sales are way up, tons of games are on their way, and blu-ray is a winner. So im sure plenty of good things are in the near future.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Strongbad View Post
    I am really considering selling my PS3. I haven't touched it for a while, and MGS3 isn't out until like June.
    MGS4.

Thanks

So, I won't need any memory card for ps2 or ps2 games? I know like the ps2 you need a ps1 mem card to save, I won't need that this time around?

Thanks
    EP Points

the ps3 just makes virtual memory cards for you, so they will all just be saved on your HDD

Thanks

I guess I was living in the past when I said MGS3. Yeah, that was a great game too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    You guy are welcome anytime We have bowling and Steak & Shake. Bring beer. I like beer.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MondayHopscotch View Post
    the ps3 just makes virtual memory cards for you, so they will all just be saved on your HDD
    Awesome!

Folklore looks like an amazing game.

Thanks
    EP Points

Is it possible to put PS1/2 memory cards into the PS3 though? Be a bit shit to lose all my Final Fantasy saves if I got a PS3.