Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: School

Thanks

They didn't teach too much of that in my school. Just covered it briefly in history class.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by justhelpmepleas View Post
    They didn't teach too much of that in my school. Just covered it briefly in history class.
    History class is the primer for those subjects.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by justhelpmepleas View Post
    Yeah, they taught me that there are different white people to hate outside of the U.S. So much oppression. So much hate.

Thanks

lol @ school being a waste of time.

if you really think its that stupid and pointless, drop out.

dont waste anybody else's time (teachers, other students, etc.)

Thanks
    EP Points

School is pretty great.

You don't realise how good it is until you drop out, try a shitty job, and bum around for a few months.

Unless you're the type of person who's into manual labour, or wants to learn a trade, school is the best thing for you before uni/college. If doing school wasn't the easiest, sure-fire way of getting into Uni, I'd be doing something different right now.
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29796&dateline=143454  3972

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ahkei View Post
    School is pretty great.

You don't realise how good it is until you drop out, try a shitty job, and bum around for a few months.

Unless you're the type of person who's into manual labour, or wants to learn a trade, school is the best thing for you before uni/college. If doing school wasn't the easiest, sure-fire way of getting into Uni, I'd be doing something different right now.
    wow...

aint that the truth.

dropped out and went straight to the manual labor job.... UPS...

got into supervision tho so its all good

Thanks

School isn't a waste of time unless you are doing what I am doing. I barely ever show up. If I keep that up I will fail. Gotta go to school from now on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    You guy are welcome anytime We have bowling and Steak & Shake. Bring beer. I like beer.

Thanks
    EP Points

I loved school... Unfortunately I was so confused at the time that I didn't really realise it until I had left. For about the first six years, I had so much fun. I was the biggest dork ever, and a total teacher's pet, but I didn't really care. I loved to learn, and genuinely enjoyed my classes. Quite oblivious to what those around me thought of me, I always did my best, and was normally happier in school than I was at home.

Shortly before the start of high school, though, some stuff happened, and I grew to really loathe the social environment. The cliques, the fact that most everyone, myself included, forced themselves into being more or less the same as everyone else, and the vindictive, selfish, and downright vile nature of many kids that age. I became so muddled up, and ended up quite unable to really distinguish the parts of school I hated from those that I loved. Before I knew it, I had grown disgusted with school as a whole, and just sort of...stopped trying. I did little to no homework, never studied for any tests, and just zoned out most of the time in class. I'm actually surprised I left high school with any grades at all.

I don't believe it's wise to dwell on past mistakes, especially when I'm quite happy now. But if I'm honest, I do find it a little bit upsetting. Had I just been a little brighter or a little more confident in who I was, I think I would've been left with nothing but fond memories of school. But I was really maladjusted socially, due to a combination of too many books and too much moving around. I hadn't really spoken much to anyone outside of my family until I was more or less starting high school. And then I was kind of severely bullied, so... I was completely scattered by the time I started high school, and had no idea how I was to carry myself there. I guess the lessons I needed to learn, those that I now have learned, were not big ones. But I never was very good when it came to matters of common sense.

Anyway, it could just be that school is not for you. And that's fine. Education is not for everyone, and it could be that you'll leave and go onto something completely different. Whatever makes you happy is okay. Still, please try and enjoy it while you can anyway. Ignoring things like grades and future prospects, the fact remains that it's something that you only get to do once. And as much as you hate it now, if you throw it aside, as I did, you might end up regretting it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by dom3mo View Post
    I've never heard of burning acid. HS204 can burn holes your skin.
    HF can burn through your bones without really burning through your skin. Also, don't breathe in the fumes of pure HCl. It'll burn through your lungs. Don't even get me on the organic stuff. That can be very nasty.

I enjoy school. You just have to learn to make the best of everything that is given to or thrown onto you. I guess that's why I have a 3.7 GPA and am studying chemical engineering.

Thanks

You should find some subjects you like to do. Or go to a Vocational school like me.
    I have my NOCTI in Computer Programming.
    I spend half of the year at Vo-Tech and the other half at normal highschool in accellerated classes(to get the credits needed for graduation in only half a year instead of a full year)
    Before Vo-tech tho, i had an awsome Astronomy and Geology class

Im not a big fan of school and was heldback a year for not caring but i still go and will be able to go into college/uni afterward(if i want).

It's better than working in fast food the rest of your life.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    HF can burn through your bones without really burning through your skin. Also, don't breathe in the fumes of pure HCl. It'll burn through your lungs. Don't even get me on the organic stuff. That can be very nasty.

I enjoy school. You just have to learn to make the best of everything that is given to or thrown onto you. I guess that's why I have a 3.7 GPA and am studying chemical engineering.
    HF is hydrofluoric acid , that can go through glass correct? When I said school I kinda mean elementary, middle that kinda stuff, but going to college getting a PhD MA thats pretty important in your life. I guess I should have made that clear.

Thanks

HF is hydrofluoric acid , that can go through glass correct? When I said school I kinda mean elementary, middle that kinda stuff, but going to college getting a PhD MA thats pretty important in your life. I guess I should have made that clear.
    o.O how old r u??

Thanks
    EP Points

If you haven't noticed, you use the basics taught in elementary to learn more advanced concepts taught in middle schools, and then you use the more advanced concepts to learn more in high school. It all builds upon itself.

You must learn how to add, subract, multiply, and divide before you try to start more davnced algebra. You can then use this advanced algebra to aid in the learning of basic calculus concepts such as limits, derivatives, and integrals, and then you can use that for more advanced calculus concepts such as double and triple integrals, or for solving differential equations. It is all equally important as to learn more, you must know more.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I didn't really like school, and never studied or tried on any of the tests. I still usually got As and Bs though, and I always did my homework (except for a couple of times when something bad happened, like my house was broken into or my Grandma died).

The one thing that I liked about school was the chance to see my friends every day I was even friends with quite a few of the teachers and they liked me because I was a good student. They even helped me out with quite a few things (for example, the Driver's Education instructor, once he found out that I wasn't going to be able to take his class due to not having a permit, and not being able to afford one soon, talked to the principle and the school payed for my permit) and other staff members.

Looking back on it, I don't really know why I didn't enjoy going to school, considering I got to spend time with my friends every day... Even in Calculus class (still talking about high school) there were days when the nine of us (everybody else dropped out of the class, due to it not being required) wouldn't have to do any work, so we'd just talk or play some board games. Fun times

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

I always found school to be easy (advanced classes? There were no such things ), reasonably interesting and tons of fun. Could have something to do with the fact that "junior high" meant footie practice every day and I loved my "high school" class (yeah, I had 90% of all my classes with the same bunch of people). Still didn't show for 25% of the time though, which really hurt my grades. Oh, well.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!