Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Funerals suck

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by polobunny View Post
    Be optimist, you could have died twice. Must mean something
    Third time's a charm!
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29796&dateline=143454  3972

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ahkei View Post
    Third time's a charm!
    Hahaha, hopefully for him he doesn't come close to a third one.

Thanks

I second that, lol. I'd like to reach 60 at least.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Dunno about that. I mean, reaching 60 as a general wish, not that you in particular won't reach 60; I'm certain you will. My preference, since it seems to be coming up a lot in this thread to say such things, would be an early fluke death. Something random, that just seems rather wasteful when one thinks about it. The sort that gets commented about in the "oh, such a pity" sort of tone, but is not so gruesome, spectacular, rare, or otherwise remarkable enough to keep in mind for any long period of time. The sort of death that renders the very existence of the person into a sepia memory that does not hurt, does not pain, that does not even occur for long stretches of time, or perhaps ever. Wouldn't it be nice to simply fade away?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Culise View Post
    Dunno about that. I mean, reaching 60 as a general wish, not that you in particular won't reach 60; I'm certain you will. My preference, since it seems to be coming up a lot in this thread to say such things, would be an early fluke death. Something random, that just seems rather wasteful when one thinks about it. The sort that gets commented about in the "oh, such a pity" sort of tone, but is not so gruesome, spectacular, rare, or otherwise remarkable enough to keep in mind for any long period of time. The sort of death that renders the very existence of the person into a sepia memory that does not hurt, does not pain, that does not even occur for long stretches of time, or perhaps ever. Wouldn't it be nice to simply fade away?
    *plays with dimmer*

wooooooooo

Thanks

I wouldn't want to fade away and be forgotten or cared about if I die.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Evans View Post
    *plays with dimmer*

wooooooooo
    Well, perhaps I am being a little melodramatic. It will happen when it happens. That's all any of us can hope for.

Thanks

The only funeral I attended was that of my friend's grandfather. Not the friendliest atmosphere really, quite full of despair actually. I hate going to these things, but I had to be there for the sake of my friend (plus social obligations and what not.)

How come? To minimize the pain of those that care for you, or...?

Thanks

Wouldn't it be nice to simply fade away?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Cobain
    It's better to burn out than to fade aw-BOOM

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezymadman View Post
    Well at least he went out with a bang....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    Well at least he went out with a bang....
    he got a 21 gauge salute.

Thanks
    EP Points

Boring. :/

Thanks

Well, as expected today's ceremony was quite boring, but it didn't last as long as I thought it would. Afterwards, went home and BBQed and drank beer, so the day got better, lol.