Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Persona 3 - worth a buy?

Thanks

Default Persona 3 - worth a buy?

Hi! I'm new here.
    Persona 3 is coming out in UK tomorrow. I've played Shin Megami's Digital Devil 1/2 and Devil Summoner and I liked them. Is it similar to the previous works?

Thanks

yes, its worth buying

Thanks

Holy shit, what? Why didn't I know? ><

Now I need money *sigh*

Thanks

It's worth buying for sure! But it's not like Saga or Devil Summoner or even previous Personas. The game combine life-simulator and RPG elements, you are to pass your exams, visit restroom (and improve your status there ) and make friends in order to improve your Personas skills.
    Don't hesitate, rush and buy it!!!!

Thanks

Just to let you know, Persona 3 FES will be released in America but I'm not sure if it will be released later on Europe.

And for the love of god, buy it, I can't play it since my PS2 is broken but you can, do it!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Fer! View Post
    Just to let you know, Persona 3 FES will be released in America but I'm not sure if it will be released later on Europe.

And for the love of god, buy it, I can't play it since my PS2 is broken but you can, do it!
    We are getting it too this week

Thanks

THIS WEEK?

Well...considering that you haven't got the normal version it's cool.

Now we have to wait until April.
    THEN GET IT DAMMIT!

Thanks

Thanks for your help!
    I'm already rushing to the store to get it! Is the story a continuation of the previous Persona's?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by caldvin View Post
    Thanks for your help!
    I'm already rushing to the store to get it! Is the story a continuation of the previous Persona's?
    Nope, it's a completely new story. Which...sounds really bad, I know. I loved Persona and both Persona 2s so much that I was really worried when I heard about all of the changes they had made to Persona 3. But don't worry~ It's different, but good. Really, really good. Maybe even better than the rest of the series, actually.

*hi-fives Ray, Fer, Ivolt, and, evidently, Maya_Amano* ^^;

*stares at Evans with puppy dog eyes*

Thanks

(hi-fives back to Elin and smiles*)
    Guess it's the best Persona ever despite the brand new storyline.Still you'll meet a person nicked Maya on the local internet while playing Innocent Sin Online
    Man, I'm so upset that my memory card has wacked and was nearly at the end of this game! It's sooooo hard to gain all the experience and skills again when yesterday you have had them all (((

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Maya_Amano View Post
    (hi-fives back to Elin and smiles*)
    Guess it's the best Persona ever despite the brand new storyline.Still you'll meet a person nicked Maya on the local internet while playing Innocent Sin Online
    Man, I'm so upset that my memory card has wacked and was nearly at the end of this game! It's sooooo hard to gain all the experience and skills again when yesterday you have had them all (((

Yeah, I don't know. I think it's probably the best game in the series if I take a step back and try to be unbiased. It's just so unique and cool, and it's easily one of the most addictive games I've ever played. But I still like both parts of Persona 2 better. I miss Tatsuya, Maya, and Jun. As much as I like the cast of 3, they're not quite the same for me. Although having Innocent Sin Online did take the sting out of it a little. It was a neat little reference.

Bleh, no fair~ That happened to me with my PSOne memory card one time too. So many hours down the drain... ;__; You could always wait now, and just replay the game from the start when FES is released?

Thanks
    EP Points

I haven't been able to find Persona 3 anywhere. Luckily, Persona 3 FES is coming out in the US here soon, and for $30. So I'm totally picking it up. Thankfully it's the standalone version and not the Append Disc.

Thanks

Stupid question - What's the difference between Persona 3 FES and Persona 3?
    I'll replay it for sure, but it's so painful walking at Tartarus 1st floor when you was at the top of it with 60 level....

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphis Cain View Post
    I haven't been able to find Persona 3 anywhere. Luckily, Persona 3 FES is coming out in the US here soon, and for $30. So I'm totally picking it up. Thankfully it's the standalone version and not the Append Disc.
    Yeah, Persona 3 has made itself scarce like most Atlus games, unfortunately. Despite all the accolades it got... Oh well. It was nice that they thought to bring over the standalone version for people who never got to give it a look the first time. I'm not sure I quite like it enough to buy it a second time, but at that kind of price...hmm... We'll see. I hope you enjoy it, anyway.

FES has an entirely new story with Aegis as the main character, Maya. As well as various tweaks and modifications to the main story. Seems kind of neat, although I'll probably wait a while before replaying it.

Thanks

WOW!!!
    Now I'm eager to get it too! Hope I'll find a torrent for that in english, not in japanese...

PS. Elin, I guess you got me addicted to these purple smiles