Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: PC Hangout

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, that would have been Thanks, booked for later

It was an NX570X

Anyways, where'd you get those specs for the ASUS M3A32-MVP? That board only has support for DDR2-1066, hell you can tell just by the socket it uses. Get DDR2-1066, it will actually be faster as the timings will be tighter, plus it should be cheaper. Plus it will work when you put it in, so that's always a plus

Also try getting a 9600GT. It's only $20 more , you'll have PS 4.0 support, DX10 (lol) and overall a much faster card.

http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards....=557&card2=466

Thanks

thanks a lot man

idk i probably just got a little confused and put 3... happens quite often to me :\..

about the video card, that was one of the components i wanted feedback on... i've gotten so behind with video card advancements...

everything else look good tho?

Thanks
    EP Points

Heh, just don't get confused when you actually buy everything and you will be ok

Is this a budget build? Any spending limits? And yeah, totally get a 9600GT

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130328

Other than that, everything looks good except that your CPU may be a bit of a bottleneck

Thanks

yea definitely budget...... im gonna be buying all the parts over the next couple months...

the 9600gt gonna be a decent card for awhile more?

Thanks
    EP Points

If by a while you mean about 3 years, then definitely. Longer, it's kind of a tough call

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Panda Man View Post
    If by a while you mean about 3 years, then definitely. Longer, it's kind of a tough call
    3 years is good enough for me.... i dont plan on doing anything cutting edge with it.... most of the time my desktop pc just sits there anyway

also, im familiar with the AVIVO and VIVO technologies from ATI.... nvidia offers something similar im sure, does this card support it, etc?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by b1gwi11 View Post
    3 years is good enough for me.... i dont plan on doing anything cutting edge with it.... most of the time my desktop pc just sits there anyway

also, im familiar with the AVIVO and VIVO technologies from ATI.... nvidia offers something similar im sure, does this card support it, etc?
    I'd hope so, it literally just came out like 2 days ago

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Panda Man View Post
    I'd hope so, it literally just came out like 2 days ago
    oh... man... shows how behind i am... lol

well looks good... probably gonna go with that...

so heres the revised list....

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. actually ends up saving money... and i can always go quad core later
    Last edited by b1gwi11; 24th-February-2008 at 06:45.

Thanks
    EP Points

yea definitely budget...... im gonna be buying all the parts over the next couple months...

the 9600gt gonna be a decent card for awhile more?
    You're getting yourself in trouble then. In the next couple of months, you will pay 2/3 the price you're paying for all this. Wait till you have enough money then come back.
    CPU is a bottleneck btw. Power supply I wouldn't even think about buying this.
    Memory you can get better deals for that amount.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by polobunny View Post
    You're getting yourself in trouble then. In the next couple of months, you will pay 2/3 the price you're paying for all this. Wait till you have enough money then come back.
    makes sense

CPU is a bottleneck btw.
    yea. quad core shall come later.

Power supply I wouldn't even think about buying this.
    why not?

Thanks

As much as I love this mac, I think I'm going to not buy the Adobe Software for this one time until I get the money. I just spent it on an IPS panel and this 8 core.

That being said, anybody knows what I need in order to get XP back in my life and into this machine? I have the OEM disc at home if that helps (yes I paid for that one).

Thanks
    EP Points

makes sense
    :nods:
    yea. quad core shall come later.
    A quad or a better dual core would be okay.
    why not?
    Shortly said, it's shit.
    Why? Only two 12V rails, at 15A and 16A each. This doesn't give you much room for future upgrades. Besides, Rosewill isn't any close to being a quality power supply brand.
    There's much better power supplies available out there for less than $25 more. Take into consideration that your power supply is probably the most strained component in your system and the maths are pretty easy to do.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm thinking of buying a Celeron for £12, using a stick of 256mb ddr2 ram and my old Abit IP-95 motherboard and building a spare computer for a different room.

Integrated 16M graphics, 256mb ram and a 2.6GHz Celeron, probably an 80GB IDE hard drive.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by polobunny View Post
    Shortly said, it's shit.
    Why? Only two 12V rails, at 15A and 16A each. This doesn't give you much room for future upgrades. Besides, Rosewill isn't any close to being a quality power supply brand.
    There's much better power supplies available out there for less than $25 more. Take into consideration that your power supply is probably the most strained component in your system and the maths are pretty easy to do.
    I'm glad you caught that, I wasn't even paying attention. Tired panda was tired last night :O

Also, consider the fact that if something happens to the PSU it can take the entire rig down with it :O

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817341010
    Quote Originally Posted by EGGO View Post
    As much as I love this mac, I think I'm going to not buy the Adobe Software for this one time until I get the money. I just spent it on an IPS panel and this 8 core.

That being said, anybody knows what I need in order to get XP back in my life and into this machine? I have the OEM disc at home if that helps (yes I paid for that one).
    Not really, all I can tell you is to partition the disks and boot from the CD

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm thinking of building a gamin pc only I don't have a lot to spend at the moment, how much would it cost to buy a brilliant motherboard, Processor, Hard drive and Ram atm?