Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast

Thread: PC Hangout

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Thought about it, but Radeon drivers have been pretty unreliable last I read. I would probably get one if I ever found myself needing multiple monitors. Been hearing good things about Nvidia's drivers, 3dvision, physx, and cuda. I thought maybe i'd get that 570 and do a slight overclock to hit the speeds of the 580. I am looking for a single gpu one card setup, nothing over $400. I heard the 570 is a great card?
    To be completely honest, I'm not very familiar with the 5XX series yet The 6870 is a fantastic card though, a friend of mine recently went from dual GTX260's to it and loves it. I've got a 5770 myself, coming from a GTS250, and I wish I'd done the switch earlier. I've found ATi's drivers to be more stable that Nvidia's :O

It's not where you are, but where you've been that matters
    Thanks

Speaking of Radeon cards, here's something you might find interesting:
    http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/...ng/vidcard/159

Edit: Just ordered coolermaster hyper 212 plus, 2 enermax magma fans, corsair ax850, arctic silver 5, and an amd phenom ii 1090t. The project is coming along nicely..
    Last edited by Russ; 1st-January-2011 at 23:04.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Speaking of Radeon cards, here's something you might find interesting:
    http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/...ng/vidcard/159

Edit: Just ordered coolermaster hyper 212 plus, 2 enermax magma fans, corsair ax850, arctic silver 5, and an amd phenom ii 1090t. The project is coming along nicely..
    Huh, I wasn't aware of that. I know a lot of people did that with the 5850/5870 bios though.

Thanks

All the same, I think i'm gonna wait for the release of the radeon 6990 and nvidia's gtx595 before making a final decision. Just about everyone says wait till they are done releasing cards for now. Might even get a price drop on older generation out of it, so I can finish the build faster if that happens. I'm sitting on my hands until then I guess.

I do have another question if I may, because i'm ordering more on the first of Feb. Can you tell me the difference between these two operating systems, cause i'm confused as to which one i'll need:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-762-_-Product
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-718-_-Product
    Last edited by Russ; 2nd-January-2011 at 13:57.

Thanks
    EP Points

Get the OEM one.

Technically, an OEM version is only meant for people to include with a computer when they build it for you, so technical support is supposed to be provided by the system builder rather than by Microsoft themselves. However, as someone with enough common sense to build your own and navigate it, there's no real difference between them. Except the "Full" includes both the 32 bit version and the 64 bit version, because people are too stupid to know which one they want when they walk into a store.

Thanks
    EP Points

lol paying money for OS's. I'd rather use Linux than pay for Windows.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    lol paying money for OS's. I'd rather use Linux than pay for Windows.
    Hey, have you played any good games on linux lately? Didn't think so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colamisu View Post
    Get the OEM one.

Technically, an OEM version is only meant for people to include with a computer when they build it for you, so technical support is supposed to be provided by the system builder rather than by Microsoft themselves. However, as someone with enough common sense to build your own and navigate it, there's no real difference between them. Except the "Full" includes both the 32 bit version and the 64 bit version, because people are too stupid to know which one they want when they walk into a store.
    Nah, get the full, it comes in a nicer box

Thanks

Can either of them be used more than once, in case I need to do a system restore?

Thanks
    EP Points

Can either of them be used more than once, in case I need to do a system restore?
    Technically, no. But really? Sure. You can reinstall on the same computer repeatedly and it won't make a single bit of difference. You can even install it on multiple computers. Microsoft won't flag it unless you're installing it on 10-20 computers and having them all register within a few hours of each other. And even if they were to flag you for installing multiple times on one computer, a quick call to their tech support-y dudes should be able to get it unflagged.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by !nstaGib View Post
    Hey, have you played any good games on linux lately? Didn't think so.
    No, because I have consoles.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    No, because I have consoles.
    Yes, I'm sure he's looking at buying one of the highest end video cards available because he's going to play his games on a console.

Thanks

Lawl consoles.

Thanks

Default what a laugh

Oh my goodness am going to upgrade so I can do the same

Thanks
    EP Points

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I'm looking to buy this case, of course the case isn't the problem. It's just what I intend to do with my PC that may be the problem...

Would it be wise to run 5xSATA HDDs + SATA DVD-RW drive and a 9800GT/E2140 (1.6GHz, no OC) on a 400W Corsair PSU?

I've only 3 HDDs running on it at the minute, so I guess I could replace the PSU before adding HDDs if necessary.

My plan would be to have 5 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3s running at once. I already have 1 Spinpoint.

Thanks

Haven't heard of that brand before, but is there room in that for 5 hard drives? More bays both 3.5 and 5.25" respectively are usually found on full tower, because a smaller form factor case like a mid or mini-atx is prone to heat dissipation and airflow issues caused by putting more components in. With regards to wattage I wouldn't expect the hard drives to use that much, the gpu and cpu are the larger consumers. I think if you don't overclock or use anything too high end you might be ok, but i'd use a Seasonic, Corsair, or a Silverstone as their psu's are generally dependable and high build quality.