Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334 LastLast

Thread: PC Hangout

Thanks
    EP Points

Ah, just never spotted that. Thanks.

So, taken care of.
    What kinda system you got man?.
    Last edited by Ryu; 23rd-January-2017 at 17:34.
    That Dragon Tear is mines bitch!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    Ah, just never spotted that. Thanks.
    No problem It's easy to miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    What kinda system you got man?.
    I only have old crap I'm a console gamer.
    HP Pavilion dm1 laptop that's always running torrents and for browsing.
    An old dual core intel desktop which I use for burning the odd CD/DVD and also for video/audio encoding.

The rest is older stuff, some of it is vintage...also heaps of spares including a complete spare intel dual core rig the same as my desktop.
    Couple of old working laptops there too, one Compaq and one Acer.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 23rd-January-2017 at 17:43.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, still not sure what todo with my collection of consoles yet.

But guess where I am, emulation of snes/md will have todo.
    Oh, and I dropped down to my copy of W7.

So ps1 emulates fast enough now. Lappy heats up, but not too sure what to, i'll run temp checks later when I next try.
    That Dragon Tear is mines bitch!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I want to find a way to prevent my browser ever redirecting to any Google domain, so as to prevent Google having any data about me. There are a great number of sites with content of questionable legality, and I often see a Google domain listed in the line at the lower left of my browser window. I get paranoid about that so I don't want it to happen. Any ideas?

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Setting up my first VM to try to fix a friends iPhone. The .jar files won't work under x64 and the program I found is automated so I can't use it natively.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Good times.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Good Swimmer View Post
    I want to find a way to prevent my browser ever redirecting to any Google domain, so as to prevent Google having any data about me. There are a great number of sites with content of questionable legality, and I often see a Google domain listed in the line at the lower left of my browser window. I get paranoid about that so I don't want it to happen. Any ideas?
    Block all IPs/etc related to Google via your router? You should be able to sign up for OpenDNS and block things that way if your router can't. I don't know how effectively you can avoid Google without breaking functionality on some sites though.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    EP Points

Firefox is still the best browser privacy wise but if you wanna go all out then use a specific variation enhanced for even more privacy: Tor Browser (has noscript etc plus Tor proxy)...Also use VPN, an alternative search engine (use google to find these they'll love that) and avoid google captcha everywhere.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Tor is slow, what with all the redirecting. For search engines I use Startpage since they only track what language a search was entered in. Or Wolfram Alpha since they give you dense information without clicking a ton of different links.

Thanks
    EP Points

DuckDuckGo ?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

I'm looking forward to purchasing a new PC for gaming but I need prioritize fixing the fender flares of my dad's truck that I accidentally broke when I took it for a drive to San Francisco.
    Last edited by jefftan; 19th-December-2017 at 02:26.

Thanks

Guys i am having a massive issue with my laptop where i am getting blinking icons , and spikes in my cpu usage , i have researched this on the internet , and tried fixes such as removing possible malware . Its very inconsistent and im really at a loss where its coming from , i tried to track it through my resource monitor and have come up with this. Its the closest thing to a pattern that i have found. Any ideas ?https://i.imgur.com/9eMCUeB.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/jKlrZGO.jpg

Thanks
    EP Points

Have you looked for anything else in the task manager for processes and services taking up resources? Hopefully it's not hardware thing. If you have a spare hard drive around or a usb stick you can install windows and boot up with that and if everything is running fine that at least rules out a few things before doing anything drastic. If you have an integrated GPU that's burning out this can cause some weird things including increased cpu usage trying to work it but again hopefully it's not a hardware thing.

Thanks

yea i have looked i cant really tell, many of the process i quite honestly dont know wha they mean and if they are "legit" or not , it seems to have stopped for a few day now , i must be triggering it with something or maybe its a intermittent hardware issue. The Gpu thing is interesting as i have had alot of heat issues with my cpu to the point where it shut down i opened it up to find the grids clogged with dust it sounded like a chopper wanting to take off at times. It still gets how when im doing intense things but the fan kicks in and it doesn't cause the shutdowns. However the damage may have been done.

Ps My copper heatsink ( i presume thats what it is ) was black.

Thanks

If any of you got weird shit going on like background resources being hogged up, there is a program called autoruns that will let you isolate what exactly is eating up resources. My mom's laptop was seriously screwed up, it was hanging just browsing the internet, and getting lag while typing text, etc. Turns out she installed a bunch of malware and I was able to uproot it with autoruns. It was some weird program running in the background that had a flower logo on it. Gotta be careful using this, because you can screw something up bad if you don't know what you're doing, but if you're unsure, you could always just google the process in question (not 100% accurate, some people will say it's malware when it's not). And some malware or trojans try to mask themselves at legit windows processes. Most people just reinstall windows when this kinda thing happens.