Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast

Thread: PC Hangout

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Does anyone know if Windows 7 Service Pack 1 has WAT?

Thanks

im pretty sure it does.

It's not where you are, but where you've been that matters
    Thanks

WAT is that?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Windows Activation Technology.

Thanks

yes, all windows technology from XP to newer windows, has built in WAT
    *Signature removed*

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

So, kinda worried. DVDs Blank and otherwise have been dropping in price at an alarming rate, and Im thinking BluRay is going to make a full take over.
    I am not ready to make this move.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm thinking about building my own computer been a while since I done this I want cheap but with high performance I'm thinking about going with the AMD 1050 or the Intel i5 2500k which would be better also what brand graphics card do you recommend or motherboard for that matter

sorry for so many questions the last time I built my own was 14yrs ago so 97 any advice would be helpful.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I like the quality and size of blu ray and all that but I'm too scared to go out and buy one too. I'm just not ready for a new player and I know with my luck when I would be ready to, they'll most likely come out with some newer ray or whatever.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    So, kinda worried. DVDs Blank and otherwise have been dropping in price at an alarming rate, and Im thinking BluRay is going to make a full take over.
    I am not ready to make this move.
    Optical media has been dead to me for quite a while.

Thanks
    EP Points

So I've been doing various shite with my sister's boyfriend's computer and my extra desktop over the past few days. And let me just say, Vista is a pain in the ass. He has that silly User Access thing turned on, so it gives you the "Are you sure you want to run that?" every time I run a program, be it the command prompt or the WoW patcher.

On my computer, I was reinstalling fresh on a SATA HDD (which had the same OS on it before) while there was an IDE HDD plugged in as well. I told it to install on the SATA drive, and it did. But it put the boot record on the IDE drive. And then, when I restarted afterwards, it couldn't find the boot record because it was looking on the SATA drive. Windows booted normally as long as there was a bootable disk in the drive and the CD was set above the HDD in the boot priority, but gave me that bloody "BOOTMGR not found" error when there wasn't a disk in.

After going through 6 hours of Windows updates, I finally got around to burning a recovery disk to try and run a Startup Repair (which can't be done from an OEM install disk, apparently), and it couldn't find the Windows install. So I finally just said "Fuck it" and disconnected the IDE drive, which made Windows not boot at all. So I reinstalled. Again. Bullshit and magic. Fuck Vista.

Thanks

Vista's quite dead to me along with optical media.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by knightshade View Post
    I'm thinking about building my own computer been a while since I done this I want cheap but with high performance I'm thinking about going with the AMD 1050 or the Intel i5 2500k which would be better also what brand graphics card do you recommend or motherboard for that matter

sorry for so many questions the last time I built my own was 14yrs ago so 97 any advice would be helpful.
    Give us a price budget first. Cheap+6 core cpu does not equal below $500. The same goes with your idea of a good graphics card. Do you want to run all your games at 720 or do you want them to run at 1080? After that, do you want a quiet machine (30db or lower?) or do you not care if you have a lawnmower on in your house? You may want to make a thread about it since there will be many back and forth posts to pick out the right rig for you.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nemo View Post
    Give us a price budget first. Cheap+6 core cpu does not equal below $500. The same goes with your idea of a good graphics card. Do you want to run all your games at 720 or do you want them to run at 1080? After that, do you want a quiet machine (30db or lower?) or do you not care if you have a lawnmower on in your house? You may want to make a thread about it since there will be many back and forth posts to pick out the right rig for you.
    thanks for the advice Mr. Nemo I will start my own thread on the subject with more detailed information

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks
    EP Points

Regarding DVD and BlueRay, I think DVD will be around for quite some time. BluRay is still pretty pricey right now. I saw some Blank Blu-Ray Discs for $20. That's not too teribble, I think it was a pack of 10 or 15. I didn't pay close attention though. I was just browsing. I'd rather not lose optical media. Why wait for something to download, when you can pop it in and play?

Thanks

i have a ps3, blu -ray won't be too much of a problem for me

Rewardsgaming.net