Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: PC Hangout

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Yamcha1 View Post
    The Rage Pro AGP drivers at AMD are the same as the ones already installed.
    Thanks anyway for your help.
    HAha, I have one of those cards.
    So let me get this straight. The thieves stole your good computer, but not the old one. Maybe its just me, but I would have taken every electronic, old and new.
    Let me know if you need anything in particular, like a GPU or some DDR2 ram. I have a lot of old equipment and I could probably help you improve your situation until you can build yourself a newer system again. I am willing to give pretty good deals too since I don't need any of this stuff.

Yamcha1 Guest

I only had one PC, This one is an old one from my uncle that he has'nt used in 5 years.
    It's gonna be a Looong time until I can save enough for something better.

Thanks

I've used several PCs before, but only recently have i started recording gameplay. anyways, i have used Hypercam 2 and dubbed my voice in via Windows Movie Maker. what i use to record it is Audacity with a plugin that lets it export as MP3 files, and then add the audio with the "add music" button in WMM. if for some reason i need to record the monitor and not just what's being displayed i use a regular digital camera. after i finish editing i export it as one or more (usually more, i have to split it into three or so to get a YouTube upload that takes less than a week.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The very day after I complete my desktop, the Trinity is released. lol
    For those of you who have not read, I went with the AMD Phenom II x6 CPU and an ASUS 7770 discrete Graphics card. Because my mobo is not partially populated by sub par video processing hardware, I have more room for expansion. I have indeed spent more than what I would have on an APU, but I also have much better hardware and performance than what I would have had.
    I am not disappointed that I now have last year's setup but I will point out that the new ones have rather competitive prices which is surprising. I suggest the new Trinity for anyone who wants low power consumption or an easy/quick build. However, they are still equipped with only GDDR3 memory so the newest is not necessarily the best.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Yamcha1 View Post
    I saw those when I was looking earlier but this system from my uncle's basement can't handle XP, So are those drivers gonna work on this 2000?.
    Probably not. In case you still feel like looking, here are the Windows 2000 drivers; http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...legacy-2k.aspx

If you could somehow get a hold of at least another 256mb of ram there is a chance it actually could handle XP to an extent, just thought I would throw that out there. You might also consider a lightweight linux distribution instead, depending on what you're trying to do with this computer.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MaslowK For This Useful Post:

Yamcha1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    Probably not. In case you still feel like looking, here are the Windows 2000 drivers; http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...legacy-2k.aspx

If you could somehow get a hold of at least another 256mb of ram there is a chance it actually could handle XP to an extent, just thought I would throw that out there. You might also consider a lightweight linux distribution instead, depending on what you're trying to do with this computer.
    The card drivers are the most current, I can't add more ram to this because I don't have a screw driver with the right head.
    I would'nt know what to do if I could because I'm not tech savvy.

Thanks

http://gulfport.craigslist.org/sys/3311240980.html

I'm thinking of buying the HDD and SSDs out of that PC, and the RAM.

Also, there's a LOT of PC parts here:http://gulfport.craigslist.org/sys/3311325600.html

I'll be adding some of those parts to my moms PC and making a media server if the price is right (as in, if I can talk the guy down for the entire lot)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by GunSlinger Boy View Post
    http://gulfport.craigslist.org/sys/3311240980.html

I'm thinking of buying the HDD and SSDs out of that PC, and the RAM.

Also, there's a LOT of PC parts here:http://gulfport.craigslist.org/sys/3311325600.html

I'll be adding some of those parts to my moms PC and making a media server if the price is right (as in, if I can talk the guy down for the entire lot)
    First link: good, good, good. Make sure your mobo supports 1600MHz RAM though.
    Second link: meh. None of the motherboards accept PCIe video cards. They're all AGP and oooooold. I also see zero SATA ports. If you want a ton of old computer equipment, go for it. Otherwise, you're not gonna get much out of it besides resale on ebay. There is a nice cooler and motherboard in the very last two pics, but "nice" is only in comparison to the rest; I can't tell much from the pics.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    First link: good, good, good. Make sure your mobo supports 1600MHz RAM though.
    Second link: meh. None of the motherboards accept PCIe video cards. They're all AGP and oooooold. I also see zero SATA ports. If you want a ton of old computer equipment, go for it. Otherwise, you're not gonna get much out of it besides resale on ebay. There is a nice cooler and motherboard in the very last two pics, but "nice" is only in comparison to the rest; I can't tell much from the pics.
    DDR3 1333 is my memory speed, probably won't work then.

Well, the parts are to upgrade my mothers PC for the most part, as well as that i need a few IDE drives for upgrades and my PS2. Besides, if i can build a couple of decent XP, ME or Linux servers from that lot i'll be happy with those for a spare, a Youtube uploader, and a server for streaming.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by GunSlinger Boy View Post
    DDR3 1333 is my memory speed, probably won't work then.

Well, the parts are to upgrade my mothers PC for the most part, as well as that i need a few IDE drives for upgrades and my PS2. Besides, if i can build a couple of decent XP, ME or Linux servers from that lot i'll be happy with those for a spare, a Youtube uploader, and a server for streaming.
    From my experience, the memory will only be down-clocked. I did this in my girlfriend's PC becuase the faster RAM was on a better deal at the time. The sticks should work, but make sure you can't get a better deal on some 1333 sticks first.

Looking back on that old stuff lot, I would probably take a few fans off your hands and maybe a CPU. Although it is all old, I think having a lot of spare parts on hand is a good idea. I myself have a collection of crap that I very often pick use. Let us know if you pick it up.

Thanks
    EP Points

My system has became aged old (brought it 3 years back). Need to do a lot of changes in it.

The password for my upload's is "caidsncer". If you love my uploads,then hit the "THANX" button.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by EviLord Kefka View Post
    My system has became aged old (brought it 3 years back). Need to do a lot of changes in it.
    A whopping 3 years old? How terrible
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

>Implying I could be posting right now from a 4 year old laptop. But it's ancient and stuffs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EviLord Kefka View Post
    I have an iMac that's at least 10 years old...

It still works great.

Thanks
    EP Points

Isn't it ironic, just 3 years but still Whooping 3 years.

The password for my upload's is "caidsncer". If you love my uploads,then hit the "THANX" button.