Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Video of Officer Berating 14 year old

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fury View Post
    Quite contrarily they would have been of alot of use, the cop would have to cease his questioning of the boy. Just because you're not under arrest, doesn't mean the miranda rights don't apply.
    True, they apply under custodial situations (usually police arrest). This wasn't a custodial situation though, so they wouldn't apply.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _M_ View Post
    Yeah hitting a cop with a board for approaching you makes a whole lot of fucking sense. :eyeball: If I'd saw that in person I'd chase the kid down myself and whoop his fuckin ass.
    I was joking... I don't actually think it's a very good idea to hit a cop with a board... or anything for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by _M_ View Post
    Unique life!? What the fuck are you talking about? Everyone has a unique life. Talking back to authority, especially an an officer of the law would be considered delinquency.

I'm just spitballing here but I get the feeling you don't like cops much.
    That's what I was saying, but he didn't see that before he talked to the kid, he just saw the kid as a delinquent, before he even said anything. you can tell by the way he walked up to him.

and I really don't like cops. Not all cops, but most. The fact that the guy practically raped that kid for the board didn't help. Those thing are expensive.
    Check out my deviantart!

chibichibipowercanon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnos View Post
    True, they apply under custodial situations (usually police arrest). This wasn't a custodial situation though, so they wouldn't apply.
    The boy was being detained and questioned, how is that not custodial? Custodial or not, you are never under any obligation to answer an interrogating officer's questions, you can always act to speak with an attorney.

Thanks

The boy was being detained and questioned, how is that not custodial? Custodial or not, you are never under any obligation to answer an interrogating officer's questions, you can always act to speak with an attorney.
    Power of the fifth amendment!
    Check out my deviantart!

chibichibipowercanon

Thanks
    EP Points

What was the kid being questioned about?

Thanks

being a skateboarding who has been harassed for having a different form of self expression, i'll take the kids side.
    there was a time where a friend and i were skating behind some building on some grind-able objects that were laying out by the dumpster. cop happened to be driving by that area and approached us. all he told us was to clean up our mess when we're done. he showed us respect and we did the same for him.
    but this kid's situation is an example of a common skateboarder-cop encounter. there's no reason for cops to talk down on anyone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blazinasian View Post
    there's no reason for cops to talk down on anyone.
    But, imagine if you were the cop. Even if you aren't an asshole skateboarder (not necessarily to other skateboarders, but to cops), there are plenty of them out there. I would go as far as to say the majority. If a majority of kids skateboarders heckled you (called you pig, made donut jokes, etc.), then wouldn't you be more prone to be an asshole to all skateboarders?
    Squiggly Line Squiggly Line Squiggly Line

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Huey Kruthas View Post
    But, imagine if you were the cop. Even if you aren't an asshole skateboarder (not necessarily to other skateboarders, but to cops), there are plenty of them out there. I would go as far as to say the majority. If a majority of kids skateboarders heckled you (called you pig, made donut jokes, etc.), then wouldn't you be more prone to be an asshole to all skateboarders?
    Which brings us back to the point that cops are supposed to be more mature than that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Evans View Post
    Which brings us back to the point that cops are supposed to be more mature than that.
    They're supposed to be more mature than that, but really, what can you expect when you're paying shit wages for an unrespected and potentially quite dangerous job?

It's not exactly going to attract the stars of the generation.

Thanks
    EP Points

They're supposed to be more mature than that, but really, what can you expect when you're paying shit wages for an unrespected and potentially quite dangerous job?

It's not exactly going to attract the stars of the generation.
    But that is something they know beforehand. If they aren't mature enough, they should fuck off and do something else. Either that, or get shifted to another spot/job.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Evans View Post
    But that is something they know beforehand. If they aren't mature enough, they should fuck off and do something else. Either that, or get shifted to another spot/job.
    I'm not bitching at the cops here. I'm bitching at the governments involved.

You pay peanuts, you get monkeys. And there's staffing minimums to fill.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm not bitching at the cops here. I'm bitching at the governments involved.

You pay peanuts, you get monkeys. And there's staffing minimums to fill.
    There are a LOT of cops out there. If you pay them more, taxes will go up. That's not something a Gov. has the guts to do.

Over here, though, our cops are unionized. When they want something, believe you me, they fucking get it.

Come to Canada, we will take more than half of your paycheck to over pay other people who do less than you.

Thanks

You can't really bitch at anyone in this situation, though. I mean, I suppose you could complain that people in general are idiots, but there isn't much to be done about it Other than genocide...

Unfortunately the world isn't a perfect place. Or a good place... Or a decent place... But hey, if we all pretend it's ok, we'll be alright!
    Squiggly Line Squiggly Line Squiggly Line

Thanks

There's shit like this happening 100 times a day, usually worse. It happens. It was dumb on both parts, they both acted immaturely, and they were both in the wrong, but I'm sure it was settled and over with. Hopefully they both learned to act in a subtly manner next time.
    I don't see what the big discussion is anymore.

I think we all agreed the cop was being a bit of an asshole and shouldn't have touched the kid, and the kid was acting like a kid.
    -= PSN Name is StellarSublime =-

Thanks

Wow...we go from a dick head cop and dumbass kid to bush killing people?

That's a whole separate story and subject that shouldn't be instigated, especially in this thread.
    -= PSN Name is StellarSublime =-