Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This may sound like a Noobie question but.....(Saturn emulation)

Thanks

Default This may sound like a Noobie question but.....(Saturn emulation)

How do you play the roms downloaded from this site? I tried Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120% and no luck. They both say that can't run these roms. I'm itching to play Dragon Force and Guardian Heroes so can somebody help me out with this, please? Thanks!

Thanks

what emulator are you using? (you are using an emulator... right?) Are you trying to putit directly into an actual console? If you are you'll need either a mod chip or swap disk.
    Check out my deviantart!

chibichibipowercanon

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by The Endless View Post
    How do you play the roms downloaded from this site? I tried Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120% and no luck. They both say that can't run these roms. I'm itching to play Dragon Force and Guardian Heroes so can somebody help me out with this, please? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chibi-Suke View Post
    what emulator are you using? (you are using an emulator... right?) Are you trying to putit directly into an actual console? If you are you'll need either a mod chip or swap disk.
    Also, did you extract the files?

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

If they're in ISO+MP3 format, then you need to decompress the mp3's to wav, then mount the ISO+WAV via the cue sheet.

I like LameDropXPd, because as the name implies, you drag-and-drop the mp3's to LameDropXPd and it automatically decompresses them to wav:
    http://www.rarewares.org/mp3-lamedrop.php

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi-Suke View Post
    I'm using SSF. The Sega Saturn iso files that I downloaded ( Guardian Heores and Dragon Force) are particularly large so I'm guessing they are already in Wav format.( maybe) I tired Cassini and Satourne and after a while of not working I gave up on them entirely. As for the cue sheets. I tried that method of merging the wav files and the iso using The Saturn Cue Maker and I was left with a very tiny cue file that could not be mounted by Daemon Tools or Alcohol ( I kept getting an error message by both programs). I know I must be doing something wrong cause I know these games are playable...right????

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm using SSF. The Sega Saturn iso files that I downloaded ( Guardian Heores and Dragon Force) are particularly large so I'm guessing they are already in Wav format.( maybe) I tired Cassini and Satourne and after a while of not working I gave up on them entirely. As for the cue sheets. I tried that method of merging the wav files and the iso using The Saturn Cue Maker and I was left with a very tiny cue file that could not be mounted by Daemon Tools or Alcohol ( I kept getting an error message by both programs). I know I must be doing something wrong cause I know these games are playable...right????
    Wait, can you even see the extensions of the files?

Thanks

nope! to be honest, I'm not that tech savvy so I wouldn't know what a extension is anyways. I'm curious, does anyone know how to join the wav files with isos? I know Sega has a cue maker but like I stated earlier, I had no luck making a bootable copy that can be mounted. What do I do, lol?
    Last edited by The Endless; 9th-February-2008 at 18:39.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

nope! to be honest, I'm not that tech savvy so I wouldn't know what a extension is any ways. I'm curious. Does anyone know how to join the wav files with isos? I know Sega has a cue maker but like I stated earlier, I had no luck making a bootable copy that can be mounted. What do I do, lol?
    This explains what a file extension is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_extensions

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

OK, do this.

Open any folder > go to Tools > Folder Options > View > UNCHECK "Hide extensions for known file types"

Now, tell us the full names of the Guardian Heroes and Dragon Force files that you're trying to play.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SegNin View Post
    OK, do this.

Open any folder > go to Tools > Folder Options > View > UNCHECK "Hide extensions for known file types"

Now, tell us the full names of the Guardian Heroes and Dragon Force files that you're trying to play.

Ok, I found out the extension names. I'm trying to play Guardian Heroes and Dragon Force Bin files. They both come with Cue files that are relatively small in comparison (The GH Cue file is 2kb and the Dragon Force is 1KB). Segnin, I would love to know how you do play a merged file (Wav + Iso) that is mountable. I'm trying to do that to Guardian Heroes. I merged the Iso and Wav files using The Saturn Cue maker and I was left with a small Cue File that couldn't mount. What am I doing wrong? This is driving me crazy!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ok, I found out the extension names. I'm trying to play Guardian Heroes and Dragon Force Bin files. They both come with Cue files that are relatively small in comparison (The GH Cue file is 2kb and the Dragon Force is 1KB). Segnin, I would love to know how you do play a merged file (Wav + Iso) that is mountable. I'm trying to do that to Guardian Heroes. I merged the Iso and Wav files using The Saturn Cue maker and I was left with a small Cue File that couldn't mount. What am I doing wrong? This is driving me crazy!
    Since they're bin/cue files, you should be able to simply open the emulator and select the .bin file to play the game.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthias View Post
    Since they're bin/cue files, you should be able to simply open the emulator and select the .bin file to play the game.
    Maybe it's just me but don't cue/bin files have to be mounted in SSF to play? When I try to mount the bin/cue files in Alcohol 120% and Daemon Tools they both give me errors telling me they can't mount these images. I tried Power Iso but that didn't take ether.

Thanks

Maybe it's just me but don't cue/bin files have to be mounted in SSF to play? When I try to mount the bin/cue files in Alcohol 120% and Daemon Tools they both give me errors telling me they can't mount these images. I tried Power Iso but that didn't take ether.
    Most likely bad rips.
    Helping people with emulation problems.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I don't know if they have to mounted for SSF to play .bin files or not, as I've never personally used the emulator (I was assuming it was like epsxe, and be able to play .bin files).

Also if you converted the cue sheet into a smaller file like you said, then it could very well explain why D-tools couldn't mount it.

Thanks

sega... hmm... I might have that emulator somewhere... how did I get that to work?

*Glomp*
    Check out my deviantart!

chibichibipowercanon