Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems creating a back-up CD for ePSXe

Dark Killer Guest

Default Problems creating a back-up CD for ePSXe

Alright I dunno where to put this so i put it here since i plan on using the back up version with my emulator. Now, I'm trying to burn Fear Effect 2, using CDRWIN. I'm using the settings given from megagames.com, and these settings worked for many backups for my PS games. The disk reading gets 5% in and then suddenly says "Error: Unable to read Data sectors 16011 to 16037 on device 00 Illegal command request (04h 00h 02h 05h 67h 00h).

What does this mean? I managed to burn games before, some even protected but i don't even think Fear Effect 2 is protected. any tips? (plus i tried d/ling CloneCD and they came out with this new version where you can't change any of the settings needed to backup PSX cd's.

Dark Killer Guest

I found a patch at Megagames.com, which said something about a Liscense Fix, which I'm guessing is the problem. What I need to know is how to use this patch. Btw I bought the game today from someone but its scratched alot. I'm planning on using it for my ePSXe.

sickboy Guest

the scratches might be too severe. try nero burning rom. other then that. will th original cd play in epsxe?

Dark Killer Guest

yes the original game works for ePSXe, but the strange thing is that CDRWIN won't work, even though I've used it to burn several backups before. Will Nero work?

And I think the license patch may work, but how do i use it?

Dark Killer Guest

I tried Nero and the settings from PSXtutorials.com and it still freeze at 5%, then at the details it says something about illegal request and stuff. The license patch would probably work, but I don't know how to use it. anyone help?

sickboy Guest

the patch has to do with the burned cd-r. I think after you get the iso ripped you would burn it along with the patch on a cd-r. there is no way to apply new data (the patch) to the original game.
    sorry I can't think of anything else to help you. maybe try iso buster to rip the iso then use cdrwin to burn.

Dark Killer Guest

ok the strangest thing is that i can't only backup the first disk, all the other ones i can. and what is it your talking about? ISO buster?

Zerostrike Guest

ISO Buster is a ripping tool. CDRWIN also can rip. Ripping is when you copy the data off of any non-music CD.

Dark Killer Guest

can you provide a direct link to where i can get this and how to use it? thanks

Zerostrike Guest

Um, which one?

Dark Killer Guest

well i tried CDRWIN and i told i it didn;t work, so ISO buster.

Zerostrike Guest

Ok, here is the URL: www.isobuster.com

Dark Killer Guest

ok I got it so how do i use it? lol sorry.

Zerostrike Guest

Sorry too. I don't use ISO buster. Try reading the readme.

Dark Killer Guest

oh thanks anyways, I managed to create an ISO, i think, and i burned it to a disk, but no effect. any help?