Page 204 of 284 FirstFirst ... 104154194199200201202203204205206207208209214254 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 4260

Thread: Introductions and Farewells Thread

Thanks
    EP Points

Welcome to the forum for all the newbies!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hey it's me being silly as always!

I don't know if it's the most appropiate place to do so, but I wanted to ask what happened with Darklinky. It seems in the time I've been out the hammer's fallen on him.

(Since there's an "introductions and farewells" thread, I thought it'd be appropiate to ask here)
    I am Mega Man, I'm blue and cyan - the creation of Dr Light (or Right, if you're from Japan)
    Also known as Rockman

My Mega Buster can cut the mustard, I'm a flustered amputee
    POW POW!
    Eight robot bosses in eight levels dishevel and revel in devilry,
    I'll steal their weaponry!

I am also known as the "Blue Bomber"
    I could shoot the legs off Jeffrey Dahmer
    Kill a robot fish, kill a robot frog,
    and then I ride off on my robot dog...

JOIN THE SHMUP MANIACS! Arcade & home console 2D shmups!

vThanks button, down herev

Thanks

happy.gif

I've noticed that most other English speaking forums have an introduction and farewell thread, however as far as I can see, the .Com forums don't.

So, here it is.

I'm The Red_Barron.

I've been playing this game longer than is healthy and I'm new to these forums so thought, what better a way to get to know new people.

Post away everyone.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by hejhrfjrtwe View Post
    happy.gif

I've noticed that most other English speaking forums have an introduction and farewell thread, however as far as I can see, the .Com forums don't.

So, here it is.

I'm The Red_Barron.

I've been playing this game longer than is healthy and I'm new to these forums so thought, what better a way to get to know new people.

Post away everyone.
    Welcome to EmuParadise!

Thanks

sup barron, welcome to the forums. hope you stay somewhat active, im new here (to the forums, not the site), it always helps when people as new as me are consistently active. makes it easier to blend well haha

Thanks
    EP Points

Hi! Welcome to the forums. I haven't been here long(since march) but I really like it here. Everyone is so nice and helpful. So if you're new, don't be afraid to ask questions about how things are done here. It's a nice place to chat with fellow gamers, which is great. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Thanks

hey, new and stuff. I'm starting to like it around here. Any reason there's no chat board.
    oh, I'm new to Emu/comp gaming. I love it already. its like I'm on Cloud RPG.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by twistedteafan View Post
    hey, new and stuff. I'm starting to like it around here. Any reason there's no chat board.
    oh, I'm new to Emu/comp gaming. I love it already. its like I'm on Cloud RPG.
    Welcome to EmuParadise.

And the Hang Out is the chat board as you call it.

Thanks

:0 someone should delete my account. EP really doesn't produce enough decent content for me to keep reading forum posts and on top of that I don't care too much for the admins/moderators. I feel like no one on here is ever helpful, again the mods and admins aren't very polite especially when they do such a horrible job of actually moderating and being admins.

In my honest opinion EP is GREAT for downloading roms, but if you need ISO files, DOS/Amiga/Commodore files, or newer things like PSP, GC, Wii, or PS2 there are better places to go. As far as the forums go its kinda just a place for people to validate other peoples ego while one group is unwilling to accept another groups arguments *heres looking at you again admins and mods* but that's all my opinion and personal experience from reading EP over the Days/Months/years

And by the by~ that 'The Gamers Voice' crap is pretty asinine and useless considering that its just as biased as any game reviewer on the internet that gets paid. Anyways like it or not It'd be cool if someone could delete this account, or ban me. Either one is great for me!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Name names and set a fire on the way out. Eff em all.

Err, I mean goodbye.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by CSXIV View Post
    :0 someone should delete my account. EP really doesn't produce enough decent content for me to keep reading forum posts and on top of that I don't care too much for the admins/moderators. I feel like no one on here is ever helpful, again the mods and admins aren't very polite especially when they do such a horrible job of actually moderating and being admins.

In my honest opinion EP is GREAT for downloading roms, but if you need ISO files, DOS/Amiga/Commodore files, or newer things like PSP, GC, Wii, or PS2 there are better places to go. As far as the forums go its kinda just a place for people to validate other peoples ego while one group is unwilling to accept another groups arguments *heres looking at you again admins and mods* but that's all my opinion and personal experience from reading EP over the Days/Months/years

And by the by~ that 'The Gamers Voice' crap is pretty asinine and useless considering that its just as biased as any game reviewer on the internet that gets paid. Anyways like it or not It'd be cool if someone could delete this account, or ban me. Either one is great for me!
    Admittedly, I agree with some of this. I'd like to think that I'm at least a little helpful in my help section posts.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks

Obviously you wish to vilify everyone after only being here for a few months, which is whatever and your opinion. but is it really that hard to just stop logging in to something you aren't enjoying?

Thanks

As much as I hate to say it, this is true and is the problem with 99% of forums. When I led a forum I tried to make it rule #1 that elitism was not our virtue. My forum is probably gone for good now, but if you ever visit Vocamania that's probably the only other example I could give since I helped get that forum from dead to active as hell.

That aside, you'll have to accept that the more active a forum is, the more elitist it probably is as well. This forum has a chill vibe, but admittedly isn't too too active. With a couple of stimulating threads, energetic staff members and shameless promotion of the forums themselves that could change. But I'm sure if you walk over to other more active forums, you'll notice the staff may be just as unhelpful if not worse, and usually have an elitist aura to them. 'tis the world of anime conventions and forum communities, take everything that applies to business management and throw it out the window.

See ya later though!

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Since when are we unhelpful and unwilling to accept arguments? :

Oh, and I tend to never answer ban/deletion requests; since there's that nifty log out-button to use instead.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowrun View Post
    That aside, you'll have to accept that the more active a forum is, the more elitist it probably is as well. This forum has a chill vibe, but admittedly isn't too too active. With a couple of stimulating threads, energetic staff members and shameless promotion of the forums themselves that could change.
    The cool club is active inside of their cool club.

He had a couple other good points as well but anyway I agree with Elmdor if you don't like somewhere just don't go back. Willpower baby.