Quote Originally Posted by dpmsa15 View Post
    so is your face

Guns are fun. Hours of enjoyment.
    I hope someone shoots you.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezymadman View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    Your mother.
    What? Respond to like with like. Trite quotes simply numb the discussion and express decay of the mind.

I don't really understand why people dislike gun regulation, to be perfectly honest. Keep in mind that I am not treating regulation of ownership as synonymous with banning of ownership. Seriously, various studies suggest a correlation exists, if not an absolute causation. The reduction in availability of guns for the legal market similarly affects the availability for illegal purposes (it's a matter of markets; if the market to purchase guns is smaller, less will be produced, and given time, absolute numbers will decline), and to be honest, reduces the chances of a murder second (US legal code - non-premeditated murder, or murder in the heat of the moment), which is in fact a crime even when committed by legal gun owners. Gun registration is not necessarily the same as gun bans as well, and I dislike advocates of the slippery slope in gun control; it is useful for police officers to know who owns guns, for instance, when responding to domestic disputes.

That said, I agree that Moore is rather...foolish in many respects, but truly, I would treat his documentaries with all the respect they deserve. I simply ignore them.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Deach View Post
    Guns are stupid.
    NO U!!!!!1111onetwo

Thanks

I like the fact that in florida, someone comes to your house and tries to do whatever, you can shoot them. 'nough said.
    -= PSN Name is StellarSublime =-

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deach View Post
    I hope someone shoots you.

I do too.

Thanks
    EP Points

Some gun control is effective, it's been shown that outlawing all concealable firearms will drop crime rates significantly. But most gun control, such as outlawing firearms altogether (or my personal favorite, outlawing guns depending on what grip they use), is ineffective and is just a breach of one's civil rights.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I like Micheal Moore. He makes me afraid to go outside, and staying indoors gives me more time to spend playing games.

Thanks

If concealable weapons are illegalized (it is within our constitutional rights to bear arms, so we can't illegalize them all) then where are the crimanal going to buy guns? sure, they can go buy guns from other crimanals and smugglers and stuff, but the main thing is that the supply would be lower, and guns would be harder to get ahold of, they'd be too expensive for the common crook.
    Check out my deviantart!

chibichibipowercanon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi-Suke View Post
    If concealable weapons are illegalized (it is within our constitutional rights to bear arms, so we can't illegalize them all) then where are the crimanal going to buy guns? sure, they can go buy guns from other crimanals and smugglers and stuff, but the main thing is that the supply would be lower, and guns would be harder to get ahold of, they'd be too expensive for the common crook.
    They can already afford to buy unregistered guns. I don't think it would be that hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    You guy are welcome anytime We have bowling and Steak & Shake. Bring beer. I like beer.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Strongbad View Post
    They can already afford to buy unregistered guns. I don't think it would be that hard.
    Maybe not, I'm no expert, I just pretend.
    Check out my deviantart!

chibichibipowercanon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Strongbad View Post
    Here's the thing: At the moment, hot firearms are actually quite cheap. Cut down the supply of them (and as far as standard semi-auto handguns are concerned, most of the criminal supply comes from legally purchased guns being stolen or illegally resold) and the price will go up.

As for how to cut down on the supply, it largely depends on how the illegalisation is conducted. Australia used a buy-back scheme when we last tightened up our gun laws and that seems to have put quite a dent in the supply.

Thanks

How old are you guys? I get the feeling that no one in this thread really understands what gun control really is, or Moore's realistic expectations of it.

No one (well, Moore isn't, at least) is saying that we need to ban all guns. However, people want more screening on those who CAN get guns, and the types of guns that people can buy. There is no legit reason for some assault rifles to be available to the public.

With a few more layers of verification, people like the Virginia Tech. student would not have caused so many tragedies. But it seems like most of the opposition in this thread are Ann Coulter kids who think guns make them 'MERUCANS

edit: if we lowered speed limits to 10mph, we would simply make more criminals! DOWN WITH SPEED LIMITS!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saku39 View Post
    In review, Moore documentaries are for people who have never read a single book in their lives or people who claim to have a pet unicorn at their Aunt's stable in Candyland.
    I know I did post it before but couldn't help posting it... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPONTneuaF4

Last edited by J; 4th-February-2008 at 03:13.
    "When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
    - Kabir

I will miss you guys.

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by windwaker View Post
    How old are you guys? I get the feeling that no one in this thread really understands what gun control really is, or Moore's realistic expectations of it.

No one (well, Moore isn't, at least) is saying that we need to ban all guns. However, people want more screening on those who CAN get guns, and the types of guns that people can buy. There is no legit reason for some assault rifles to be available to the public.

With a few more layers of verification, people like the Virginia Tech. student would not have caused so many tragedies. But it seems like most of the opposition in this thread are Ann Coulter kids who think guns make them 'MERUCANS

edit: if we lowered speed limits to 10mph, we would simply make more criminals! DOWN WITH SPEED LIMITS!
    Were you too busy playing Rez to read the posts of those who are pro gun control/whatever you want to call it?

And ignoring all laws would make less criminals. :O

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!