Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627

Thread: Anonymous vs. Scientology

Thanks

If you're able to sit back and allow innocent people's lives to be ruined, good for you. I'm not quite that uncaring.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezymadman View Post
    If you're able to sit back and allow innocent people's lives to be ruined, good for you. I'm not quite that uncaring.
    You wanna help people? Go to Africa or some other shit place. Work in a school to help kids. Volunteer for whatever will actually help someone.

Oh no, you'd much rather hold signs in front of buildings. Oh my, thank you for saving the world, Mr. Champion!

The kind of shit you do only serves their purpose and makes them feel like they're persecuted for believing in something different. It's nice and all that you want/think you can do anything, but you can't help people who don't want to be helped. End of story.

Thanks

At this point, the overall primary goal isn't to help the "followers", it's to get the organization's tax exempt status revoked. Operation Reconnect is part of a "help our image" goal. We're trying to show that THEY'RE the bad guys, not US.

There's a reason 90% of Europe doesn't recognize the CoS as a religion. It's a cult, and it has all the makings of one.

Thanks
    EP Points

At this point, the overall primary goal isn't to help the "followers", it's to get the organization's tax exempt status revoked. Operation Reconnect is part of a "help our image" goal. We're trying to show that THEY'RE the bad guys, not US.

There's a reason 90% of Europe doesn't recognize the CoS as a religion. It's a cult, and it has all the makings of one.
    Unless I'm mistaken, you have to have a certain number of members to be a Religion. Dunno how it works in the States, but since it started there, I'm sure the movement is stronger.

Not a single religion should be exempt of taxes. None.

Thanks

If nothing else, I support the removal of tax exempt status. If a religion is going to charge its followers for information about their beliefs, then they don't deserve to be tax-exempt.

And, while CoS is far from the biggest problem in the world, from what I've read, and judge to be legit, I've got no problem with what anonymous is doing... well, has ramped up at least. This is something that had already been started. Just watching interviews with ex-scientologists is enough to realize that somethin' quite ain't right with scientology.
    Squiggly Line Squiggly Line Squiggly Line

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Huey Kruthas View Post
    If nothing else, I support the removal of tax exempt status. If a religion is going to charge its followers for information about their beliefs, then they don't deserve to be tax-exempt.

And, while CoS is far from the biggest problem in the world, from what I've read, and judge to be legit, I've got no problem with what anonymous is doing... well, has ramped up at least. This is something that had already been started. Just watching interviews with ex-scientologists is enough to realize that somethin' quite ain't right with scientology.
    Same can be said about any other cult, though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Evans View Post
    Same can be said about any other cult, though.
    True. Like I said, scientology isn't exactly high up on my list of the greatest evils, but I've seen enough that I don't plan on coming to it's defense.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Huey Kruthas View Post
    True. Like I said, scientology isn't exactly high up on my list of the greatest evils, but I've seen enough that I don't plan on coming to it's defense.
    I hope I don't sound like I'm defending them. But, freedom of choice, regardless of how stupid it is, is for everyone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Evans View Post
    I hope I don't sound like I'm defending them. But, freedom of choice, regardless of how stupid it is, is for everyone.
    This is a point that I really can't defend against. It's also why I'm not some huge activist against scientology.

All I can really say, is that once somebody commits multiple crimes, infringing on other peoples freedoms (in this case, referring to people who spoke against scientology, and got their lives destroyed), do they still deserve their freedoms? There is the free zone, which is a group of ex-scientologists who practice scientology outside of the church. So, if the church is destroyed, it's not like the beliefs are being suppressed completely.

I dunno, it's kind of a grey area, if you ask me. I don't completely support that argument because it's not necessarily the whole church doing these terrible things. So, I'll just mind my own business and observe.

Thanks
    EP Points

Maybe someone else is in a cult of their own, all that self-righteous waffle.

Thanks

What makes the church of scientology any worse than any other religion? The other major religions go to great efforts to repress people, censor the web, etc. All organized religion is bad its not good for anyone. I think anonymous is likely a bunch of nerds and hackers, who have nothing else to do in need of a cause, and the church of scientology is an easy target. Mark my words, you can write it down. Nothing will ever come of this, anonymous's efforts are nice and humurous, but nothing will ever come of it, You can organize protests for 10 years, The church of scientology still isn't going anywhere for a while.

Oh, how generous of you fighting on behalf of the victims of the church of Scientology. We're all cold and just uncaring?
    If you care so much about peoples lives being ruined around you, why don't you do something about Christianity or Catholicism or any other big organized religion, that ruins peoples lives all the time. Its because you dont really care, you're just a bandwagon hopper who saw a youtube video and wants to be this glorious crusader against scientology; as droves of teenagers and young adults have been doing. It seems to be quite the internet bandwagon movement as of late, which as I've said, will eventually undoubtedly eventually fizzle out, having accomplished nothing(Mark my words), other than annoy some Scientologists. Your argument holds no watter. Most religions ruin people's lives. But by singling out Scientology and only scrutinizing that. It seems a mixed message, religion isn't bad, just Scientology? Yeah right.
    Last edited by Fury; 21st-February-2008 at 21:51.

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

To say that organized religion is bad for everyone is ridiculous.

Though, Scientology isn't bad for everyone.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robin v. Persie View Post
    To say that organized religion is bad for everyone is ridiculous.

Though, Scientology isn't bad for everyone.
    This is an argument that has already run its course in this thread. My opinion is Organized religion on the whole is bad, not the individual religions. The whole movement of organized religion is a problem, they're all equally bad in my mind. Thats how I feel about it, you're more than welcome to feel differently, as alot of people do.