Thread: if you like warez...

Thanks

Post if you like warez...

http://www.thewarezboard.cjb.net

its another great messageboard like this but for warez like gamez, appz, moviez, etc, instead of romz. the more people that join the board, the better it will be. so everybody join if your into warez.

leogeo2 Guest
    :confused: i've heard of Warez alot in the past few months. but what the hell is warez anyway? :confused:

leogeo2 Guest

Cool

oh so that's what it is? oh ok. is it also illegal to copy the game into a blank CD and sell it for half the original price? 'cause i do that. only at school. like with Homeworld and Unreal Tournament.

SeR is evil Guest
    Originally posted by LeoGeo2:
    <STRONG>is it also illegal to copy the game into a blank CD and sell it for half the original price?</STRONG>
    Is that a serious question?!?

Is it illegal....oh hell yeah

SELLING the bootleg copies is what makes it illegal, but i'm pretty sure it's even illegal to distribute the burned cd's if the person doesn't own the original copy (kinda like with the roms)...

leogeo2 Guest

I guess I should stop or I would get arrested for that, right?

SeR is evil Guest

Originally posted by LeoGeo2:
    <STRONG>I guess I should stop or I would get arrested for that, right?</STRONG>
    I don't know, nothing is going to happen as long as no one tells on you

djesiret Guest
    LeoGeo! 5 years in prison for each offense! It's a federal offense, so it doesn't matter how old you are, either :\

Omega5 Guest

Tsk tsk tsk! For shame! Advertising warez here? Have you no dignity that you must go and pirate the game rather than go out and purchase it?
    **Looks at large stash of Roms, and many bookmarks to Rom and Warez sites**
    Uh, nothing special here. Of course I wouldn't be involved in anything illegal. Nope, not at all. That would make me a hypocrite, and I'm not a hypocrite.

Nick Guest

warez are bad dude ROFL

Harteex Guest

ok...Let's have a little Warez lesson

Warez is coming from the word wares. A z is often written instead of s.
    Examples of different warez: Gamez, Appz, Moviez and Mp3z.

A game or a program can be a "rip" or an "iso".

A rip is already cracked when you download it. If it's a game movies and some music is usualle deleted from the rip to make the size less.

An iso is a cd image. The whole game/prog is copied in, most often, a .bin file. It's a file that you have to burn on a cd. When you have burned it you get a copy from the original cd.

To copy, download, sell etc. warez is illegal.

Harteex Guest

For all you Swedes out there I recommend a Swedish warez site called Swedish Warez Underground