Thread: Multi-CD games on sensor-modded PS2?

Thanks

Default Multi-CD games on sensor-modded PS2?

I am wondering about how to run burned multi-CD games on my sensor-modded slimline PS2.

For example, I have a burned copy of Parasite Eve that works fine, except for CD changes; I can't change CDs without the game reading the second CD as an invalid disc, since I have to remove the front sensor block to register that the CD was changed. I'm afraid that this will happen with all other multi-CD games, so I'm wondering if I can get a patch or something that will disable CD checks on multi-CD games. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
    I am wondering about how to run burned multi-CD games on my sensor-modded slimline PS2.

For example, I have a burned copy of Parasite Eve that works fine, except for CD changes; I can't change CDs without the game reading the second CD as an invalid disc, since I have to remove the front sensor block to register that the CD was changed. I'm afraid that this will happen with all other multi-CD games, so I'm wondering if I can get a patch or something that will disable CD checks on multi-CD games. Any help is appreciated.
    Most games have a save option before hand, if the game has a save option save, load up the next disc, load game.

I don't know, but are you using a swap method? (Breaker Pro or with an original/backup)?

I've never used a PS2 for this before...

Thanks

Parasite Eve doesn't have a pre-save option. I know Final Fantasy 7 does, and if that were the case with PE, I wouldn't have a problem.

As for a swap method, here's the entire system I'm using;

1) Taped rear sensor inside case
    2) Taped forward sensor in disk drive
    3) PS1 Action Replay
    4) Nero-burned PS1 backups on CD-R media

So, I boot up the AR, select "Start Game->Without Codes", open the drive, and load the backups without problem. It's only the CD changes for multi-CD games that throw things for a loop.

I read through some Google results about this issue, and one source told me to insert a real Playstation disk, REMOVE it WHILE it is SPINNING, and quickly insert the backup. Destroyed drive motors, anyone?

Thanks

I'm talking without really knowing if this is possible, but say...is there a way to transfer PS1 saves from the Memory Card of the PS2 into a usb stick, use it in an emulator, and saving from there, then transfer the data back?

Thanks

On that subject, I'm sure you can; you just need uLaunchELF on your PS2. As far as I know, no actual PS2 software will transfer PS1 saves to a USB device and back; however, uLaunchELF will let you transfer the saves back and forth.

I don't know if the saves are interchangeable, as in, they might become corrupted in the process, so always make backup duplicates.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fer! View Post
    I'm talking without really knowing if this is possible, but say...is there a way to transfer PS1 saves from the Memory Card of the PS2 into a usb stick, use it in an emulator, and saving from there, then transfer the data back?
    I'm not sure you can exactly do it that way, but look into Dexdrive. Or maybe a Maxdrive if you are talking about PS2 games. You can probably find them on Ebay.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derive

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marive

Thanks

Well, I've got a Final Fantasy 8 torrent on download. Thank god for cable connections; I'm getting a decent 65kbs/s with an ETC of 8 hours, including all 13 seeds. If I had more seeds, I'd be flying along with a wickedly awesome 400+kbs/s and a couple hours of downloading the 1.83gb 4-CD compilation.

Please, PLEASE tell me this game can be saved before switching CDs; I'd hate to spend these next few hours cramming my HD full of crap that won't work properly.

EDIT:

Does anyone know if Metal Gear Solid works the same way as I desire?
    Last edited by Bunneh; 27th-December-2007 at 19:26.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
    Well, I've got a Final Fantasy 8 torrent on download. Thank god for cable connections; I'm getting a decent 65kbs/s with an ETC of 8 hours, including all 13 seeds. If I had more seeds, I'd be flying along with a wickedly awesome 400+kbs/s and a couple hours of downloading the 1.83gb 4-CD compilation.

Please, PLEASE tell me this game can be saved before switching CDs; I'd hate to spend these next few hours cramming my HD full of crap that won't work properly.

EDIT:

Does anyone know if Metal Gear Solid works the same way as I desire?
    You can, after the end of a disc you get the Save prompt before switching discs, but in MGS you gotta change them in the middle of the game, kinda like Parasite Eve. >__>
    Last edited by Fer!; 27th-December-2007 at 21:38.

Thanks

Well, at least I added some more trackers to the torrent; 2h 23m in, 65.5% completed, 1h 5m ETC, and downloading at about 150kbs/s.

I had it ramp up to right at 372.6kbs/s for about 5 seconds, then it dropped back down into the 200s/100s.