Thread: A general question about PSX2 emualtion

Thanks

Question A general question about PSX2 emualtion

(A recent update.. I got a weird error message that I can't really type. A bunch of jumbled characters saying there was an error loading "!(@#*#" (this isn't what they looked like. . . it's strange cause I haven't got the message before)

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I've been trying for like 6 days or so to get this working.

I have everything I need including BIOs that I ripped from my PS2 using the USB interface.

The question is this, can you mount the iso so that you can read it like a disk on a virtual drive.

I have two versions of this emulator a release from PCSX2 (not the Beta) and one of the same emu from Golden Flair.

Here are the specs I'm running. (Maybe it's the system I'm using, though I doubt it)

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ (2.20 GHz)
    RAM: 1022MB DDR
    Video: ATI Raideon X1300PRO (256MB)

Plug-ins:
    ZeroGS SSE2 0.93.0
    SSSPSX Pad Plugin Pressure Mod 1.6.0
    Linuzappz Iso CDVD 0.7.0
    USBnull Driver 0.5.0
    SPU2null Driver 0.5.0

I also recently decided to upgrade to DX10. Will this affecting anything as far as being able to run the GPU? Can you still use the DX9 plugins too? Sorry for the vauge question. I just want to get this up and running. most of the guides haven't been very useful. I figured, maybe I should just check to see if you can use a virtual optical drive. Any help would be appreciated.

I also get the error message that it's not finding the SYSTEM.CNF file isn't in the ISO and I think I read it posted somewhere but I can't remember. There is some way to fix that. That also might be the problem.

I'm new to PSX2 emulation. I have managed to get many emulators up and running, but as always emus developmental stages can take a while. But I think it's worth the wait and pain. I know it will be. = )

Any advice is welcomed. Please let me know I'm not out of line asking this. I'm also sorry if it's been posted before. Thanks again.

~Sora_chan

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sora_chan View Post
    (A recent update.. I got a weird error message that I can't really type. A bunch of jumbled characters saying there was an error loading "!(@#*#" (this isn't what they looked like. . . it's strange cause I haven't got the message before)

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I've been trying for like 6 days or so to get this working.

I have everything I need including BIOs that I ripped from my PS2 using the USB interface.

The question is this, can you mount the iso so that you can read it like a disk on a virtual drive.

I have two versions of this emulator a release from PCSX2 (not the Beta) and one of the same emu from Golden Flair.

Here are the specs I'm running. (Maybe it's the system I'm using, though I doubt it)

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ (2.20 GHz)
    RAM: 1022MB DDR
    Video: ATI Raideon X1300PRO (256MB)

Plug-ins:
    ZeroGS SSE2 0.93.0
    SSSPSX Pad Plugin Pressure Mod 1.6.0
    Linuzappz Iso CDVD 0.7.0
    USBnull Driver 0.5.0
    SPU2null Driver 0.5.0

I also recently decided to upgrade to DX10. Will this affecting anything as far as being able to run the GPU? Can you still use the DX9 plugins too? Sorry for the vauge question. I just want to get this up and running. most of the guides haven't been very useful. I figured, maybe I should just check to see if you can use a virtual optical drive. Any help would be appreciated.

I also get the error message that it's not finding the SYSTEM.CNF file isn't in the ISO and I think I read it posted somewhere but I can't remember. There is some way to fix that. That also might be the problem.

I'm new to PSX2 emulation. I have managed to get many emulators up and running, but as always emus developmental stages can take a while. But I think it's worth the wait and pain. I know it will be. = )

Any advice is welcomed. Please let me know I'm not out of line asking this. I'm also sorry if it's been posted before. Thanks again.

~Sora_chan

I haven't used that emulator myself, so I don't really know if you can mount the iso with a virtual drive (I don't see why you couldn't though).

As for the strange error message, can you copy and paste it, or perhaps post a screenshot?

edit: Don't quote me on that virtual drive thing though, as there is every possibility I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Tanthias; 20th-December-2007 at 03:28.

Thanks

Cool

A-ha! I can mount it actually. (The CDVD plug-in I was using wasn't working too well) Awsome! Thanks for replying anyways. Do you know what, I had to tweek the settings but... it's finally working. I used the USB interface to get the bios (which took the longest out of the whole process) and then I had to find an emu it would work with and now, I can actually run a few of my games. It tis' a bit slow, even on my Dual Core AMD. Lot's of support out their though and some good guides. Also some pretty useless ones.

My advice if you want to emulation PSX2 ever. Use a high-end system with a dual core, at least 1GB-2GB RAM and a good video card with at least 256MB of memory. EVEN THEN, it will still run slow. Be patient and viola! Everyone seems to want to give up but after I saw vids of it working... well, I was determined.

I'm so happy I can't put it into words.

I remember when I thought N64 Emulation was a big deal! (Still is because it's gotten much better and I'm a fan.)

But I'll save that for another thread...

Now, if I can just figure out if DX10 is the way to go or not. I suppose I could install it and set a system restore point, just in case?

*shrugs* I will let you know how that goes.

If anyone needs advice I will try to lend what little experience I have with this.

I'll submit screen-shots soon.

~Sora-chan

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Glad to hear you got it working

Thanks

Cool Yea... but...

Nvm... It's working fine now. Sometimes it's a little slow. But the Beta worked much better for me.

Grats to the PCSX2 team! Good job.

Everyone go get the beta if you can run it. T_T

~Sora
    Last edited by Sora_chan; 21st-December-2007 at 19:21.