Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Question Of the year

Thanks

Thats bs some people wait a few months to make that point. I wanna know why someone would date lots o woman and not have sex until a peice of paper makes them legal

"Upload what you’ve downloaded, and then some." aXXo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 00122509 View Post
    Well I guess that answers the reasoning behind the "im not intrested response" now back to the most common reason.. the i wanna wait till marriage thing........what is the reasoning behind that?
    The blind following of a cul....

Err, Christianity.

Also, STD's.
    Squiggly Line Squiggly Line Squiggly Line

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberxion View Post
    Morals. Some people just don't find it right to share that act that leads to reproduction with people that they're not going to share their life with. It's a respectable value to have, even if people who practice it are a dying breed.
    morals eh? do you not have sex because of your moral values?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I was joking in my opening post, but i really want to know why some people choose to not have sex or in your case how could you not be intrested in it? Sex is a primal instinct built into every single living creature. Honestly I think if you say you have no intrest in sex ,you are lying, saying that is like sayng you have no intrest in surviving
    If you're going to bring up biology, it's a funny thing, but reproduction alone is not always a survival trait for a species. For creatures that form complex social groups, humans included, there is a new dynamic introduced. The survival of a given population is facilitated by rearing, and in particular, dedicated child-rearers. These do not need to be breeders, or, in fact, do not need to directly raise the child in a creche-style environment. They can in fact be enablers, in effect, allowing the society the necessary resources in order to permit breeding and rearing in a more successful manner. In fact, breeding can be a problem in two respects - the relevant to enablers is time investment, wherein the time and expenditure of resources to birth and raise a youngling detracts from other duties. Now, while their genetic structure is not necessarily passed to the next generation directly, behavior is a complex, poorly-understood thing that relies on the interactions of many, many genes with the environment and circumstances of the organism. The population that possess the possibility, or rather, probability of maintaining and expressing these genes within individuals that make up constituent aspects of the population as a whole is more suited to survive within its means than the population that cannot in fact create such enablers. Now, due to the sheer complexity, it is a weak natural selection (it is difficult to breed it purely out of a given population), but even a weak natural selection impulse will generate a shift given sufficient time towards an optimum balance of enablers to breeders and rearers. Certainly, outside circumstances can change this optimum balance: for instance, a large amount of resources available reduces the need for enablers, and for especially complex societal creatures, the society itself can create new selective impulses that may actually make the traits exhibited by enablers sexually attractive - i.e. convert enablers into breeders through artificial selection. Of course, from here, one begins to go into the social construction of new forms of selective impulses as a general condition.

Just because you cannot comprehend does not mean I am lying.

Wild Wall of Text has appeared!
    Wall of Text uses Logic Bomb!
    It's not very effective.

EDIT: Seriously ninja'd? Indeed. But let's apply this to the nice "Scientifically, asexuality is probably a defect" guy, too. I mean, seriously...
    Last edited by Mistral; 5th-December-2007 at 04:58.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thats bs some people wait a few months to make that point. I wanna know why someone would date lots o woman and not have sex until a peice of paper makes them legal
    You're missing the point. Some people believe they should save that act and reserve it specially for the person they are going to spend the rest of their lives with. It is that important, intimate and loving of an act that they wouldn't dream of sharing it with more than one person. Ever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by falados View Post

Err, Christianity.

Also, STD's.
    Just because people are married doesnt mean that they cant catch std's some woman are cheating whores and some men a lying bastards. ya know?

Thanks
    EP Points

Not bad a point. Marriage is a flawed and failing institution. You don't love someone more because a paper says so. But, to follow what you're saying, it's the same idea as waiting a few months, right? Why do people wait? Because they feel they should. Whether it be out of principle or whatever, I couldn't possibly care.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

So you've attacked people's personal outlook regarding sex, and now you're saying it's BS that some people choose to set boundaries on their sex lives? It doesn't matter why they do it. If they do it, then who the hell are you to call it BS? If it makes sense for them, then who gives a rat's ass what you think?

I don't have such a strict view on sex, but I respect that some people have more discipline than I do, and I don't particularly care why they do. Neither should you.

Thanks
    EP Points

Just because people are married doesnt mean that they cant catch std's some woman are cheating whores and some men a lying bastards. ya know?
    Yes, and that's unfortunate.

That wasn't your question though...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    You're missing the point. Some people believe they should save that act and reserve it specially for the person they are going to spend the rest of their lives with. It is that important, intimate and loving of an act that they wouldn't dream of sharing it with more than one person. Ever.
    I guess it just comes down to what we were taught about sex, That whole saving it for that one person is like acting good all year for santa clause. My parents didnt really talk to me about sex and saving it so I had no guidnace, i just followed my instincts a boned ever chick i could ( with proper protection of course.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by falados View Post

Err, Christianity.

Also, STD's.
    Careful with that first generalization; monogamy is a system that has appeared across the world, even where Abrahamic faiths had never spread. There is a direct and tangible biological benefit to it. Oddly enough, that ties right into the second.

I'm in ur head, raping ur cerebral cortex
    Thanks

I guess it just comes down to what we were taught about sex, That whole saving it for that one person is like acting good all year for santa clause. My parents didnt really talk to me about sex and saving it so I had no guidnace, i just followed my instincts a boned ever chick i could ( with proper protection of course.
    You do realize that your hand is not actually considered a chick, right?

Thanks
    EP Points

I see.

Can't lie, I kind of had figured you were a dumbass.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by banned View Post
    You do realize that your hand is not actually considered a chick, right?
    Your right, she is my late night BITCH

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

morals eh? do you not have sex because of your moral values?
    Look, I don't operate with my head up my ass, and I choose not to remain clueless about things. I know these things because the knowledge is freely available to anyone who isn't an ignorant asshole and happy to remain that way. So when I illustrate to you the reasoning behind why some people wait for marriage to have sex, it's to clear up any confusion on your part, and not necessarily because I believe in it, or engage in it. Don't make ignorant assumptions.

Whether or not I've had sex is something that frankly, you don't need to know. You can take from that what you will, and I can almost bet cash on how you'll choose to interpret it, but I don't give two shits. If you can tell, I don't place as much importance in sex as you do. Maturity does that. One day you'll understand that.