Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Want to use Download Accelerator?

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, and in case you were lazy and didn't look, I'm trying to find a better way.
    ~.oO Destiny is SO Overrated Oo.~

Thanks

thats just you though... other people aren't as lazy as you, so they might want to do something about downloading some ROMs off of this here site

Thanks
    EP Points

Lazy? Going through every single soundtrack link to make sure it works is lazy? Wow, are you screwed up.

Thanks

shit, i read your post wrong. sorry...
    /me take 2 steps away from SkylaDoragono, and pulls a gun on himself. Then he pulls the trigger...

Thanks
    EP Points

::sniggers::

/me uses Dead Alive to revive Wakka.

That's okay. Besides, I gave up and downloaded the Download Accelorater anyway. It basically does the same thing as IE download, only you can choose where you want to save it (IE just puts it in the Temporary Internet Files folder), and you can actually see how long it takes to download. That's nice with EP, because sometimes there's so many people downloading stuff that it takes a few hours even with a DSL modem.

Anyway, with DA, the only problems I've found so far are in the FF7 soundtracks. I'm only up to downloading track 15 of the first disk, but out of those, only track 2, 13, and 15 will download. The rest download a 6KB MP3 file that has nothing on it. It's weird.

MeleeMaster Guest

So far, the 6 kb file problem has happened to me with basically everything I tried to download. Basically, anything from the soundtracks, and some snes roms with I forgot which they are.

Thanks

This question will probably end up with having things thrown at me, but I want to know something; when you download a Playstation ISO, is there anyway you can download the file in chunks? The reason I ask is because I've got PeoplePC, and odd as it may sound, I am automatically booted off the internet after every four hours.

Now then, as one may know, it will take more than four hours to download a 50 MB file. This is why I'm wanting to know if I can configure DAP to handle this issue. If I can, can someone please tell me how. Also, if I can't, can someone tell me of a program that will allow me to do so?

Thanks

are there any freeware, NON-SPYWARE alternatives to this program? I know that using mozilla/fierfox gives u resume functions, but it doesn't accellerate anything.

Thanks

I'm not talking about acceleration, I'm talking about being able to resume a download. DAP allows resuming capabilities as well, however, it refuses to allow resume on "Ehrgeiz." That's why I was wondering if there is a way to stop and then resume downloading one of the 50 MB files. If there is, I would like to know how.

Thanks
    EP Points

it should be able to resume... i think it does that.

Thanks

Er...no it doesn't. I tried a number of times, on a number of different programs, even going as far as using a FTP program. The end result was always the same: it wouldn't allow me to resume any of the 50 MB files.

I don't know what it is. I know that the reason it doesn't allow resuming capabilities is because it's to prevent leeching, but as great as that may be, that little defensive measure is becoming a real nusiance for me. I'd ask the owner's of the site if they could make some kind of a short-term allowance that would allow me to be able to download it all over the next three or four days, but already, I can imagine what the reply would be, so I won't.

*sighs*

I'm in a real jam here. I don't know...it might just be the playstation ISOs that are doing it. I mean, I tried N64, and it allowed resuming just fine. I guess it must be that one clusture of files.

Thanks

I need help downloading, its rediculous for psx games, ive been trying to log onto the ftp site forever, i cant for some reason and now i tried DAP and i did preety good, im download chrono cross disk 1 and 2 and both cds, i cant download the part 1, could someone help please.

Thanks
    EP Points

10 this thread is hella old
    2) you should of made a new thread
    and 3) we helped you out in IRC but you wouldnt pay any attention to us

Thanks

Hey watcher, you said use Dap, how did that help me, i was using dap in the first place, i get an error once the part one reachs 99% and it says, error, cannot save do not have opermission or something like that. What you said to me was useless.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What & Why?