Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No, seriously, this is gonna be the best game ever.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ceiling Cat View Post
    it seems no matter how shitty or stupid (has nothing to do with this game, it looks decent) a game is for the wii you will say it's good.
    Untrue. Go to Siliconera and read my review of Bleach: Shattered Blade for the Wii. I was hyped for that game for months, as I'm a huge Bleach fan. However, I gave it a negative review, as it's not a good game.

Here, I'll link you right to it: Bleach review.

In fact, there have been several Wii games I've bought and disliked. Super Swing Golf, Sonic & The Secret Rings, Super Paper Mario, Zack & Wiki, and more. I don't think every Wii game is good. Far from it. But when I think a Wii game is good, I make it known. That's all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberxion View Post
    Yeah, and guess what? I looked through his posts. While he does lavish love on the console, I never did see anything that would qualify the response you gave him.

I do think though, that the matter of the Wii not having any good games is pretty subjective. So even if he has given what you believe to be undeserving love to many a crappy Wii game, you just gotta leave it up to a difference of opinion and respect that he might like what you don't.
    Not at all, I understand that people like games that other people might not(as i do). Right now the wii has more game i am interested in than the ps3.

just stating that

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphis Cain View Post
    Untrue. Go to Siliconera and read my review of Bleach: Shattered Blade for the Wii. I was hyped for that game for months, as I'm a huge Bleach fan. However, I gave it a negative review, as it's not a good game.

In fact, there have been several Wii games I've bought and disliked. Super Swing Golf, Sonic & The Secret Rings, Super Paper Mario, Zack & Wiki, and more. I don't think every Wii game is good. Far from it. But when I think a Wii game is good, I make it known. That's all.
    ok maybe i misread all of your posts then, i didn't know you reviewed games and such where you might tell us here at ep what you are playing.

i apologise

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ceiling Cat View Post
    ok maybe i misread all of your posts then, i didn't know you reviewed games and such where you might tell us here at ep what you are playing.

i apologise
    Apology accepted.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

...Zack & Wiki? WTF man? I know what I just said, but are you fucking nuts?

So do you review for an amateur site then? Like Borman's? If not, you need to hook a brother up with a job, yo.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hey Cain, tell me why you have a job writing about games and I don't.
    Hahaha. Honestly? Pure luck. However, I'm apparently somewhat of a good writer too. Who woulda thought?

Got a lot on my to-do list for Siliconera at the moment, too. Reviews of DBZ BT3 (Wii version), Geometry Wars Galaxies for both Wii and DS, and maybe Puzzle Quest for Wii too. And then I've also got a "Christmas games" article in the works, as well as retrospectives on both Rygar and Milon (of Milon's Secret Castle fame).

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hahaha. Honestly? Pure luck. However, I'm apparently somewhat of a good writer too. Who woulda thought?

Got a lot on my to-do list for Siliconera at the moment, too. Reviews of DBZ BT3 (Wii version), Geometry Wars Galaxies for both Wii and DS, and maybe Puzzle Quest for Wii too. And then I've also got a "Christmas games" article in the works, as well as retrospectives on both Rygar and Milon (of Milon's Secret Castle fame).
    I'm jealous. I'm a decent writer, aside from the fact that I don't know how to use proper punctuation worth a fuck, but aside from that I'm gold!

Thanks
    EP Points

...Zack & Wiki? WTF man? I know what I just said, but are you fucking nuts?

So do you review for an amateur site then? Like Borman's? If not, you need to hook a brother up with a job, yo.
    Haha, Zack & Wiki just wasn't my cup of tea really. Not too good at point and click games.

And I wouldn't so much call Siliconera an amateur site. We're no Kotaku or Joystiq, but we get upwards of half a million hits a month. Big enough to where we can get free games to review from publishers and stuff, and get into industry events like TGS and E3, but small enough to where we can still concentrate on niche stuff. It's not a paying gig, but the free games are enough for me. Plus I just really enjoy the writing.

As for a job, you're on your own there buddy.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Haha, Zack & Wiki just wasn't my cup of tea really. Not too good at point and click games.

And I wouldn't so much call Siliconera an amateur site. We're no Kotaku or Joystiq, but we get upwards of half a million hits a month. Big enough to where we can get free games to review from publishers and stuff, and get into industry events like TGS and E3, but small enough to where we can still concentrate on niche stuff. It's not a paying gig, but the free games are enough for me. Plus I just really enjoy the writing.

As for a job, you're on your own there buddy.
    Ah, thanks for the info.

These sites really are a dime a dozen. I had a friend a few years back who, before he moved, was talking to me about setting one up because he said that it doesn't take much to achieve the criteria needed to "get the goods" as he said it. But of course he moved, and was a lazy prick anyway, so it never came into fruition. I was little help either, not really giving a shit and all.

The one thing those places lack that yours doesn't, is that they don't have you as a writer. And now that I've kissed your ass, gimme free games.

Really though, good on you. I can only hope that one day I am as lucky.

Thanks
    EP Points

Ah, thanks for the info.

These sites really are a dime a dozen. I had a friend a few years back who, before he moved, was talking to me about setting one up because he said that it doesn't take much to achieve the criteria needed to "get the goods" as he said it. But of course he moved, and was a lazy prick anyway, so it never came into fruition. I was little help either, not really giving a shit and all.

The one thing those places lack that yours doesn't, is that they don't have you as a writer. And now that I've kissed your ass, gimme free games.

Really though, good on you. I can only hope that one day I am as lucky.
    Haha, thanks Cyber. As for the free games...heh, no way man. Mine, all mine! MINE! MWUHAHAHAHA!

*ahem*

Anyway, if anyone cares, I'd like to take this opportunity to whore my latest review, Draglade for the DS.

Review.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

No More Heroes: No More Gore in Europe.

What a shit I say!

http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/wii/gam...21210125293056

Thanks
    EP Points

This thread isn't about Brütal Legend.

YOU HAVE FAILED ME, EMUPARADISE.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks

and this is on the Wii? this could quite possibly be the most gory game nintendo has ever slapped it's seal of approval on. me like.
    12/26/07-Never Forget
    PM me if you know what that is in regards to

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Omega13 View Post
    and this is on the Wii? this could quite possibly be the most gory game nintendo has ever slapped it's seal of approval on. me like.
    Why no one remembers good ol' gory Chiller?

Back in the 80's it was pretty sick.