Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: Want a Free Video Game? Totally legal

Thanks

Thanks greendayrulestc for that find!

Wow Sprung, that is so not cool. All that 6 trades and you finally got 100 points? Man.
    I'm trying to get with this program, but I wish there was a way to check to see if the other person would very well "cooperate" with you. I checked out that dude you sent the game to that said it wasn't playable. On his profile he seemed fine.

I also have a question. I know when you get the game, you pay $1 US. How about when you send the game? Does that go towards your "Trading" credits? I hope not. Correct me if I'm wrong but if you get a game, that go towards your Trading credits, right?
    And not when you send a game?

EDIT: Actually after reading the FAQ, it does seem like each trade is one credit.
    Seems ok, as they have to make a profit somehow.
    Last edited by ((KvN)); 1st-December-2007 at 18:11.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    You could have said that in the first post of this thread

I was advertising a free game basically, not really using as a service to actually use, the system is not perfected.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

So how does this work? I signed up and chose a bunch of games for the GC, because to me it looks like I'm way back in the queue for most of 'em, and it doesn't particularly matter to me which one I get. Thing is though, am I supposed to pay someone for something, and how the hell do I know when I'm due to get something anyway? This whole set-up seems really fucked IMO, and I'm not overly confident that I'll actually get anything.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberxion View Post
    So how does this work? I signed up and chose a bunch of games for the GC, because to me it looks like I'm way back in the queue for most of 'em, and it doesn't particularly matter to me which one I get. Thing is though, am I supposed to pay someone for something, and how the hell do I know when I'm due to get something anyway? This whole set-up seems really fucked IMO, and I'm not overly confident that I'll actually get anything.
    Well make sure that the games you chose are 100 points, and you can only get one, there is a matching system, you will get matched and the person who is matched will hopefully accept and ship it out, the only way to make sure is if the person uses delivery confirmation. So you should choose which 1 you want, or if you can't choose make them all active and whichever one is chosen first you get. Make sure it is available by looking at trading info on the game.

Thanks

The system can be confusing as hell. It took me awhile to know what's going on, but greendayrulestc explained it pretty well. It's like the first one available to you, you will get that game. So make sure if you want that specific game, choose that only one in your request list, or hold off all the ones except the one you want. I chose a few games before realizing this system, and now I might get the game I'm not totally hungry for from the few I've chosen.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by greendayrulestc View Post
    Well make sure that the games you chose are 100 points, and you can only get one, there is a matching system, you will get matched and the person who is matched will hopefully accept and ship it out, the only way to make sure is if the person uses delivery confirmation. So you should choose which 1 you want, or if you can't choose make them all active and whichever one is chosen first you get. Make sure it is available by looking at trading info on the game.
    Oh, so I sit around and wait for some random dude to accept my request? And um, am I expected to trade something for these games? Or do I choose a game and just wait around, hoping that I'll eventually get it, paying nothing the first time around?

Honestly, if it weren't for the whole waiting thing, and the uncertainty of actually getting anything once the queue dies down and someone comes along with what I've requested, this might actually seem pretty decent. It just seems that there's too much BS to deal with.

I think I'll just cancel my account and call it a day.

Thanks

Yeah my free game came today!
    Doom 3...had the box, instructions, cd key, 3 discs...all in good condition too.
    guess i could have gotten something better tho

Thanks

damn, cyber really slapped it down in the thread in made on goozex.

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker
    I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you, stranger!
    The Demon who makes Trophies of Men

Thanks

If you don't want to don't, but I found it simple and you can get a free game, you pay nothing because they give you a trade credit and 100 points.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by greendayrulestc View Post
    If you don't want to don't, but I found it simple and you can get a free game, you pay nothing because they give you a trade credit and 100 points.
    Oh, I appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

No, my irritation is leveled towards the site. It just seems way too flawed a system to be worth all that much. Yeah, a few of you have got stuff, and that's great. That shows that it works. I'm just not too comfortable with the whole process myself, and likely wont bother using it after I get my free game. If I get my free game, that is.

Not that I care at this point.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberxion View Post
    Oh, I appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

No, my irritation is leveled towards the site. It just seems way too flawed a system to be worth all that much. Yeah, a few of you have got stuff, and that's great. That shows that it works. I'm just not too comfortable with the whole process myself, and likely wont bother using it after I get my free game. If I get my free game, that is.

Not that I care at this point.
    That's all I am using the service for, this kind of system is just too flawed.

Thanks

i've been asked to send a 2nd game. imma wait til feed back comes from my 1st sent game.

hey is okTOMATO one of you guys? wanting my makan x? BANNED? from oregon USA.
    Last edited by The Joker; 2nd-December-2007 at 07:28.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm now 100 points down, and my request is awaiting confirmation. The item in question is RE4 for the GC. We'll see how this pans out.

Thanks
    EP Points

i'm sorry to say, be careful with this site. The 100 pt games are ok, but they try to lure you into purchasing points. Trust me, the emails will come.

oh i did a google search & it seems a few people have been burned by them. i was. Not again.
    Last edited by ArnoldaTermintr; 2nd-December-2007 at 11:20.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ArnoldaTermintr View Post
    i'm sorry to say, be careful with this site. The 100 pt games are ok, but they try to lure you into purchasing points. Trust me, the emails will come.

oh i did a google search & it seems a few people have been burned by them. i was. Not again.
    best post ever....

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...8&postcount=46