Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kid punches mother over Halo 3; fights with police

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Poor kid probably had to sit in some juvenile detention center while his subscription ran out. Dumbass.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cdoublejj View Post
    Love your kids? Prove it by beating them.
    http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=beat
    there you go proper parenting advice.
    That isn't proper parenting advice. Infact, it's probably the biggest load of s*** that Maddox (or anyone in general) has ever written, though some of his other articles are alright.

Thanks

Actually the first time I've ever agreed with Maddox. I got my ass beat twice a week as a kid, adn i fucking deserved every bit of it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Remember: never take shit from your kids. You make payments on the house, utilities, their clothes, school, and their food. You own them. If they don't like it, they can move out. If you love your kids, love them enough to beat them so that they don't grow up to be idiots.
    Therein lies some truth.

Thanks

Problem there is that spanking your kids doesn't make them grow up any better. Statistically, it just ends with them more prone to violence and anti-social behaviour on average.

Not saying you have to take shit from the little bastards, but swatting them one probably isn't the answer.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnos View Post
    Problem there is that spanking your kids doesn't make them grow up any better. Statistically, it just ends with them more prone to violence and anti-social behaviour on average.

Not saying you have to take shit from the little bastards, but swatting them one probably isn't the answer.
    bullshit. it teaches them that there's a consequence to their actions. it's just a matter of making the punishment fit the kid, adn finding out what it takes to make them learn. for pre-teens, pain works well. teenagers like socializing, so ground them to the house for a few weeks. for anyone old enough to drive, take away the keys to the car.

taking away something they enjoy is the best way to punish kids. i should know, i was a little shithead.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezymadman View Post
    bullshit. it teaches them that there's a consequence to their actions. it's just a matter of making the punishment fit the kid, adn finding out what it takes to make them learn. for pre-teens, pain works well. teenagers like socializing, so ground them to the house for a few weeks. for anyone old enough to drive, take away the keys to the car.
    Not really. It ends up with them making associations between violence and control, which they then go on to implement in their own lives.

If you want me to go and dig out the medical journal articles on this kind of stuff I will, once I get back from work.

Thanks

Not really. It ends up with them making associations between violence and control, which they then go on to implement in their own lives.

If you want me to go and dig out the medical journal articles on this kind of stuff I will, once I get back from work.
    Medical Journals < Real Life Experience

I got a belt to the ass every time I fucked up, and I've never attacked anyone unless they came at me first.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezymadman View Post
    Medical Journals < Real Life Experience
    Statistical data correlating experiences of many people with detailed analysis > anecdotal evidence of one person

Thanks
    EP Points

Punching your mother? What a wanker. Should've hired a hitman instead to take care of that annoying wench.

(What the hell is up with people, seriously?)

Thanks
    EP Points

Go ahead, dig them up.

I've been spanked for doing stupid shit as a child, and yet I'm virtually non-violent.

I just mutilate animals.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Evans View Post
    Go ahead, dig them up.

I've been spanked for doing stupid shit as a child, and yet I'm virtually non-violent.

I just mutilate animals.
    I used to have to go pick out a belt to get hit with

Not beaten of course, it was more a fear tactic than anything.

And now, I'm the calmest little time bomb ever.
    Squiggly Line Squiggly Line Squiggly Line

Thanks
    EP Points

The only time my dad ever hit me when I was a kid, he picked up a Lincoln Log and threw it as hard as he could at my head.

I have no point, I just felt like bringing that up. ._.
    As I was walking down the stair,
    I met a man who wasn't there.
    He wasn't there again today.
    I wish, I wish he'd go away.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Evans View Post
    Go ahead, dig them up.

I just mutilate animals.
    http://archpedi.highwire.org/cgi/con...ract/151/8/761

Unfortunately, only the abstract is available online for free, but that's a good place to start. As is http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m..._n8874763/pg_2

Only bother with the first half of the page. After they stop citing papers you can ignore the rest. It might be right, but it's not really germane to the argument.

Thanks
    EP Points

RESULTS: Forty-four percent of the mothers reported spanking their children during the week prior to the study and they spanked them an average of 2.1 times that week.
    Either the moms were prone to resorting to violence themselves or the kids were already out of hand. I consider spanking twice a week to be a lot. One more thing, I would like to know why they were spanked.