Thread: An emulation question not yet asked...

Thanks

Default An emulation question not yet asked...

Or perhaps asked in another form, by someone with far inferior grammatical skills =\, i.e. "I NEED HELP EMULATOR YOU TELL ME HOW PLEASE THANKS I LOVE YOU IF YOU TELL ME HOW TO GET FREEEEEEEEE GAMES GAMES ILLEGAL IN MY COUNTRY THANKS YOU MUCH VERY!!!"

Anyways, enough bashing. Onto the question.

PSX Emulation. I'm familiar with it, was doing a bit of it last summer. My favorite experience was playing FF7 (orig disc) on my computer, using a game pad bought from Radio Shack. Emulator I'm familiar with using is pSX (fin?). Good emulator, didn't need any fancy knowledge at that time to configure it, didn't have to worry about plug-ins, etc.

I think I had this problem then, but I was smart enough to solve it. When I configure my game pad in WINDOWS, it calibrates just fine. Up = UP, down = Down, and so forth. When I get into pSX or ePSX, however, the controls go opposite. So what did I do? Rather than find a forum (like this one) and post a thread (like this one), I went into options, and configured the in-game controls to be the opposite of the opposite of what I had (let me know if I've confused you yet, cuz I'm not done ) So going into the game, down=up, and vice versa. After configuration, all was fine.

So when I downloaded ISO's from this site (my first being Brave Fencer Musashi) and I tried to play it, the game had no in-game configurations for me to use. So I just burn them and play them, problem solved right?

But now I'm starting to think that some games I just DON'T wanna waste the time/effort/CD-R on trying to burn and play on my console.......just a handful of games, or maybe those that require a translation that I can only use on my comp, but even that, I'd still like to be able to use my game pad without being on the opposite side of the equator with my controls.

Ok so finally onto the question:
    How do I go abouts fixing my game pad so I don't have to worry about inverted controls?

YES I have configured it (the gamepad being the issue here) in windows, many times over.
    YES I have configured it (the gamepad) in the emulator itself, but with varying results.
    YES I have tried other emulators (only ePSX for right now) but I really don't like having to configure 109384 plugins just to play one ISO. I like simplicity in my gaming.

So any suggestions to offer? And sorry about the super long posts, but I'd rather give details about my past experience rather than the usual noobish posts of "HELP ME WITH MY GAME PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ." I do have another few gamepads lying around somewhere that I could try, and if worst comes to worst I'll use my keyboard? Since most of the games didn't even need DualShock, I'll get by with my WASD or arrow key configuration.

Killa

Thanks

Well unfortunately yes this has been asked before just not very much here but they have seen this a lot on pSX's forums. The thing is if you look at an actual PSX controller the arrow keys are actually pointing in the opposite direction that they really represent. Basically they all have a point in the middle and square our at then other end so this is not a problem with the emulator just with the labeling of the controls. If you actually look at the default controls that are set you can easily tell which is which.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Thanks

Well I Do Know That U Could Set Master Controls But U Need Linux For That.

BTW I HATE Windows. Im A Linux Freak