Thread: Problems registering

Thanks

Default Problems registering

Hi all, new to the forum and LOVE the website.

I've been having some real problems registering these past 3 days....this is just a bogus account that I want to have deleted afterwards but I tried registering 3 different accounts on 3 different emails, and I have even emailed the admins, and only my gmail account got the mail (with it being in the spam folder at that!)

I checked the spam folder on both my yahoo and hotmail and never got it (surprising! i never got spam! w00t!)

So if anyone could look into that? Admin/mod, I will be willing to provide the information I registered with, and the account name that I want, so if possible please contact me regarding that.

Other than that, awesome forum, awesome site, awesome roms, awesome community, awesome awesomeness!!

Rock on.

Thanks

Default Not really a PROBLEM with Flashget, persay.

But just a minor quirk.

I followed the guide, and on my initial experience I was very pleased to have 1 file downloading (I think it was part 1 of Breath of Fire) with the other 3 in queue. I was hoping I could just go through, queue all the files to my Flashget (I.E. the 10 or so PSX games I plan to download by the end of the week) and just leave it running for a few days. Well, my plan got semi-botched.

I've been able to get 1 or 2, MAYBE 3 at the best files to queue up, but after that it starts to give "Too many connections from your internet address" error. Is this just EP's method to prevent leeching? Or is there something I can do to get all my files to queue up? I followed the guide to the letter, which, by the way, is an awesome guide, very easy to follow, and I'm glad it includes pics, but thank god I'm not computer illiterate.

And btw, I've been voting religiously, after every single file download, even when I'm not forced to. So I hope I'm not considered a leecher in any sense...I even have a number of PSX ISO's that I want to contribute to the community, which I'm surprised aren't even on the servers.

So any suggestions? The only way I've found to get a few files to start queuing up is to get one file downloading, copy the link that it gives, such as "www.emuparadise.org/soundtracks/YSLPH/01%20%We%20Love.....mp3" as is the link in the example picture. I would have to copy that link, and if it were like part-01.rar, part-02.rar, etc., I'd just keep copying and pasting that link and changing the end number. That seems to be the only way I can queue up.

So is there any sort of limit to the number you can queue? Hopefully I can get a response soon, because its gotten quite tedious to go through the download page over and over...I'd rather just have them run in the background while I say, post on the forums, or vote in the topsites, or study for my Bio midterm tomorrow .

Thanks
    EP Points

If you can't download more than, say, 2 files at a time before the message pops up, then it means you have reached the total number of connections allowed for your IP. So, if you want to queue downloads, set your program so that it only downloads 2 at a time.

EDIT: Oh, and make sure you have only one connection per download. See, you can set your program so that it connects to one file many times to accelerate the download, but those count as, evidently, connections.
    Last edited by Evans; 16th-October-2007 at 22:20.

Thanks

Default Downloads Hanging

I've had just a semi...problem with some of my downloads hanging. They will get to different percentages (sometimes 90%) and then it just HANGS, it doesnt move. It's not a major problem to have to re-download it, but it does save time. I didn't take note of any specific files, but the only games I've been workin on the past day or so is BoF 3 + 4 (which work fine, I just burned them), FFV, and currently FF9 Disc 3. The problem has occured when downloading through my browser (Firefox) as well as recently when I was downloading one of the BoF 4 archives with Flashget.

Has anyone else had this issue, or is it some sort of configuration/server problem?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Evans View Post
    If you can't download more than, say, 2 files at a time before the message pops up, then it means you have reached the total number of connections allowed for your IP. So, if you want to queue downloads, set your program so that it only downloads 2 at a time.

EDIT: Oh, and make sure you have only one connection per download. See, you can set your program so that it connects to one file many times to accelerate the download, but those count as, evidently, connections.
    Yea, well as I stated in the post I followed the guide down to the letter, so all of the settings match up just fine. I'm aware that download accelerators use multiple connections to a file to make it download faster, and I know this site is only 1 connection at a time. I just want to que up a lot of downloads and have them download overnight.

Is there a limit?

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, you stated the limit yourself.
    One at a time.

As for overall downloads, not as far as I know.

Also, if you download only ONE file at a time, you shouldn't get the "too many connection" error.

Thanks

Default Issue with a link

I'm having an issue with the "view first unread post" link....whenever I click it it takes me back to the homepage....it works when its like a 2 or 3 page thread but if its just a one page thread it goes to the homepage rather than the bottom of the page...

Anyone else encounter this, or is there a way to fix it?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Welcome to Emuparadise and thanks for the kind words
    We've been receiving some reports about this in the main page too, for some reason some people are not getting the email confirmation to complete the registration process, but I'm not sure why yet, will have to look into it thoroughly.
    Anyways, we can fix your account right now, just PM any of the admins and we'll do it for you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Welcome to Emuparadise and thanks for the kind words
    We've been receiving some reports about this in the main page too, for some reason some people are not getting the email confirmation to complete the registration process, but I'm not sure why yet, will have to look into it thoroughly.
    Anyways, we can fix your account right now, just PM any of the admins and we'll do it for you.
    Kk, and dont be concerned about my first post, I didn't mean to say this is a BOGUS account, its just not the username I preferred (its actually the username that I have to use for my college email, my initials).

And yea, I never have gotten the registration email, not until I used my gmail and checked my spam folder.

And I will PM right now to get this problem resolved. Thanks. Feel free to lock/delete thread.

Thanks

Well I know about actually DOWNLOADING one file at a time, but is there a limit to how many files you can queue, and not just what I've been experiencing? Is there any server-side or host-side restriction imposed?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

PM received and fixed. We'll leave it open so others in your situation can use it to ask for help.

Thanks
    EP Points

Many threads, merged.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    Many threads, merged.
    There IS a god!