Thread: PSP Modding?

Thanks

Default PSP Modding?

Do you have to have a mod-chip or can you just basically plug into a USB port and install whatever you have to. Also, is it fairly simple to do so?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

You have to install a custom firmware in order to run commercial games. Deppending on the firmware your console is you have to downgrade it. I haven't been following the scene lately so I could be wrong, but the latest downgrade is for PSPs with 3.50 FW and you need a legal Lumines copy to do it. Other FWs are not downgradeable.
    Read this on how to run homebrew on your PSP: http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=21355
    And this on how to downgrade it: http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=90919
    There are more useful guides and FAQs in that site.

Thanks

Well, first tell us which PSP you got, is it the fat PSP or the slim ? and what official firmware is your PSP currently at ?

A fat PSP with ANY FIRMWARE can be downgraded using pandora's battery, but for creating the pandora's battery with the magic memory stick, you'll need a downgraded FAT PSP. See if you can get one from a friend.

Once you have downgraded your PSP, you can then upgrade to v3.52 M33 custom firmware.

Here's a guide to help you downgrade ANY fat PSP with pandora...

[Guide] Unbrick or Downgrade any PSP using the Pandora Battery

Once you've downgraded your PSP, use this guide to install v3.52 M33 custom firmware on your PSP....

[GUIDE] Installing 3.60M33/3.52M33 Custom Firmwares.

Don't forget to install the fourth update of v3.52 M33 once you're done with everything

Of course you can post here any questions, and we'll try our best to help you out

Edit: As far as I can remember, you were going to buy Sprung's PSP right ? If you already have, then it already has a custom firmware installed. All you need to do is upgrade to the latest custom firmware
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 13th-October-2007 at 18:51.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks

No, I am really looking into buying a new PSP, just looking around. I do not currently have a PSP. EDIT: I will look into all of this, or just ask for a PSP for Christmas/my birthday. Another EDIT: Seems like I cannot do this without another PSP. I guess I will wait for computer emulation, no matter how long it takes, and consoles are too complicated for me. Oh well. Since I am in this topic, can anyone give me an estimation (I guess in years) when PSP emulation on the computer will be decent and the next price drop of the PSP will be?
    Last edited by greendayrulestc; 13th-October-2007 at 23:34.

Thanks

Since I am in this topic, can anyone give me an estimation (I guess in years) when PSP emulation on the computer will be decent and the next price drop of the PSP will be?
    Probably a fairly long time, IIRC, not much work has been done on it.

Thanks

You can do it without another PSP. The only time you'll need another is if you want to use the Pandora technique.

Just get a copy of Lumines (I just bought mine for £15) and downgrade from 3.50.