Thread: Unexpected end of archive and an unrecognizable file and fails to download

Thanks

Default Unexpected end of archive and an unrecognizable file and fails to download

I recently downloaded a Playstation ISO and whenever i try to unzip part 1 i get the error unexpected end of archive and that the img file is corrupt. Ive redownloaded it 3 times. the second time i've gotten the same error. The third time i tried changing the download location and i still got the same error along with the error that the file is unrecognizable and it fails to download although it is on my computer.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks
    EP Points

You need to download all parts of a CD in order to extract it.

Thanks

I did download all the parts.

Thanks
    EP Points

Did you put all the files in the same folder?
    What program are you using?
    What did you download and from where?

Thanks

well i downloaded it from this site. I downloaded breath of fire 3 and 4. Im using winRAR to extract them. Yes they are all in the same folder. I highly doubt that its a problem with the emulator though

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

You can't play rar files in any emulator.

You have to extract the ISO file(s) from the rar and play that file(s).

For BoF 3, the first 2 parts should be 49 MB, the last part 1.3 MB.

For BoF 4, the first 3 parts should be 49 MB, the last one 37 MB.

Right-click on each part except for the last ones, go to Properties, and see if they match each other's size in bytes.

Thanks

And not sure if this helps your cause, but I just downloaded, successfully burned, and am currently playing BOTH BoF 3 and 4.

Make sure you download all parts of the file, I just put mine on the desktop and then create a folder afterwards. Make sure just to leave the file naming intact as it is when you download it. Put all the files in a folder, and extract only part1.rar, it will automatically detect the other parts.

Might I suggest you use 7Zip? It's a tiny program, and integrates so nicely into the Windows Right-click menu. And not only that, but it recognizes 1001 different extensions (not literally, but you get the idea). Oh, and its open source/freeware , how could it get any better?

If you could perhaps post which program you used, your browser, and other settings like that, we could help a little bit more in-depth.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by kma2265 View Post
    And not sure if this helps your cause, but I just downloaded, successfully burned, and am currently playing BOTH BoF 3 and 4.

Make sure you download all parts of the file, I just put mine on the desktop and then create a folder afterwards. Make sure just to leave the file naming intact as it is when you download it. Put all the files in a folder, and extract only part1.rar, it will automatically detect the other parts.

Might I suggest you use 7Zip? It's a tiny program, and integrates so nicely into the Windows Right-click menu. And not only that, but it recognizes 1001 different extensions (not literally, but you get the idea). Oh, and its open source/freeware , how could it get any better?

If you could perhaps post which program you used, your browser, and other settings like that, we could help a little bit more in-depth.
    He said he used WinRAR, which should have worked. Also, FYI, though 7zip is freeware and overall nice, it's one hell of a resource hog for compression.

/not so on-topic

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Evans View Post
    He said he used WinRAR, which should have worked. Also, FYI, though 7zip is freeware and overall nice, it's one hell of a resource hog for compression.

/not so on-topic

I never use it for compression. Only unarchiving. I just suggested using 7zip because you just have to click to extract the 1st archive, everything else gets detected automatically.

And when you think about it, ANY program is going to be a resource hog if you're compressing a game-sized file. And I speak from experience.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by kma2265 View Post
    I never use it for compression. Only unarchiving. I just suggested using 7zip because you just have to click to extract the 1st archive, everything else gets detected automatically.

And when you think about it, ANY program is going to be a resource hog if you're compressing a game-sized file. And I speak from experience.
    Then your experience is limited. WinRAR is less demanding when compressing compared to 7zip. Search the forums for compression/archiving terms and you should stumble upon a few threads in which this was said by a few others.
    It also only requires that you extract from the first file.

And I'm done spamming.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Evans View Post
    Then your experience is limited. WinRAR is less demanding when compressing compared to 7zip. Search the forums for compression/archiving terms and you should stumble upon a few threads in which this was said by a few others.
    It also only requires that you extract from the first file.

And I'm done spamming.

Spam on my friend, Spam on.

My experience is within my own realm of experiment, with whatever programs I've used. Perhaps WinRar is less demanding, you're right. I prefer 7zip though since I don't need to compress, and I still recommend it for unarchiving(is that the right word?)/decompressing/expanding, etc., especially on a site that offers multi-part files like this.

But I have no need to argue, you most likely do have more experience than me.