Thread: how do you get 2nd joystick to work with mame

Thanks

Default how do you get 2nd joystick to work with mame

I already went to properties and enabled joystick input.I got one joystick working but I cant seem to get the other one to work.I pressed tab while i was playing the game but the second joystick is disabled for some reason.I see the P2 controls but I tried pressing every button on the second joystick but it wont work.is there any kind of way that u can play 2 players with mame?it seems impossible to get the second joystick to work.I have 2 logitech controllers

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

For arcade games, you have to add another coin/credit, then press the button for Player 2's start.

What game are you trying to play?

Thanks

See if the second controller is being detected by your OS.
    In XP, game controllers is in the control panel.

Thanks

i know my computer is picking up both joysticks cuz certain buttons work on my second joystick.when i try to go to P2 coin or any other button to change it the second controller doesnt work at all.I tried pressing tab and it wont let me enable the buttons.however some of the buttons is configured by default so some of the buttons works on my second controller.it seems like the controller is disabled though when i press tab and go to the config menu.Im trying to play marvel vs street fighter.the game works with no problem,its just the 2nd controller

Thanks

You probably already know this, but when you go to P2 controls are you
    pressing Enter first, because you have to do that before you press a controller button.

Thanks

yea im pressing enter.I did the same thing with the first controller and I had no problem configuring it.when I tried with the 2nd controller it wouldnt work.another thing I noticed is that my logitech dual action controller only works when I have the mode light on.my other regular logitech controller doesnt have a mode button.I think that could be the problem.however I tried making the coin and start button number 2 on the keyboard to see if the joystick works and most of the buttons on the controller work by default.however I still cant manually configure the 2nd controller.any other suggestions?

Thanks

problem fixed.the reason why it wasnt working is because i enabled mode on my dual action analog logitech and that was disabling my other controller.my other logitech controller is not dual action and doesnt have a mode button at all.Thanks for the help though yall