Thread: Road and Track: The Need For Speed [pal] oddity

Thanks

Question Road and Track: The Need For Speed [pal] oddity

Hi. The Need For Speed (THE first one) for PAL has a very weird thing.

The game boots up. It takes alot of time thou. During this wait i do can use F5 key to switch analog/digital gamepad. (Some games don't respond to analog pad input. you have to switch it to dig, then it's rock and roll) So at this moment, the emu (ePSXe) does respond to some input.
    But then there comes the turquise or sortof screen with text abou Trademarks and such Legal stuff. After this, the game does't take in any input. Not Analog, not Digital gamepad. Not even default keyboard setup. Not EVEN F5! WHy? only Esc button works. And TNFS just spins the intro movie, waits at language selection, at the main menu. And no way to to start play.

GT2, AC, FFs, WA, Tekkens. All other games work properly. I play emulation games for 9 years, and i still wonder why this awesome icon game throws such a trick.

I use Lewpy's plugin (for Voodoo2) as the only unusual option, cuz OpenGL/D3D really lags on a GF2(AGP) for some weird reason. and TNT2(PCI) gives much better fps but that is a talk for another section...

Has anyone seen such a tNFS behaviour? NFS5 is very much working perfect. NFS2/3/4 im'not interested in - played it too much on PC.

tNFS has been dl off EP. A PAL version from the set. The NTSC version is undownloadable. I'll report to the broken link thread about it, thou i sent 2 emails to MasJ... anyway, about input blackout, who thinks what?
    Last edited by SteamLilly; 7th-October-2007 at 11:35.

Thanks
    EP Points

I am not sure, how about PPF patches?
    Regards,
    fireblaster_lyz

Help in setting or using ePSXe? Get all the info you need using the ePSXe Configuration Handbook

Thanks
    EP Points

Try pSXFin.