Thread: what emulaters do you use on dreamcast?

Dr_Ackula Guest

Post what emulaters do you use on dreamcast?

I am an avid user of Emu's for the Dc such as Dreamsnes and SegGen, and NesterDc. I am curious as to what emu's most ppl are fond of using on their Dreamcast's.

Note: I mean emulaters that run on the Dreamcast, not Emu's of the DC!

GbaMaster Guest

None, I don't have a DC

Thanks
    EP Points

Wink

I don't own a DC myself, but I DO know that NesterDC is very very popular. Also, there are some upcoming emus for DC(can't name them here), which are going to be really exciting.
    Btw, emuparadise.org is looking for people to write FAQ's on DC emulators and how to burn and use DC emulators etc. Any volunteers ?

Dr_Ackula Guest

Cypher...not only do they have some great games...but you can't beat playing your SNES, Genisis, NeoPocket, NES, and GB roms on your Television instead of being cramped up behind a computer desk playin emus all day LoL

SeR is evil Guest

Originally posted by Dr_Ackula:
    <STRONG>but you can't beat playing your SNES, Genisis, NeoPocket, NES, and GB roms on your Television instead of being cramped up behind a computer desk playin emus all day LoL </STRONG>
    Yeah, but the emu's and roms load and run faster on the comp then they do on the dc

I personally use nester and dreamsnes

dreamsnes is still pretty slow, and they're taking so much time making 1.0 (i'm using the x-mas version)

I wonder why no one is making a N64 emu for the dc, I guess because of the controller having less buttons

ahhh well...*goes back to playing twisted metal*

Dr_Ackula Guest

Actually you are wrong there..the newest version of NesterDC runs at 100% speed and has full sound support. The SegaSmashpack Romloader(or SegaGen) emu also runs all the Genisis games at 100% full speed and full sound. And there is a newer version of DreamSnes out as well, besides the Christmas version. But more importantly the SegaSmashpack Romloader emu ...which was discontinued by DCemulation.com...will soon be up on our site for everyone to download and try out! I dare anyone to tell me that this emu os not truely Amazing!!

Dr_Ackula Guest

Well its me again I decided there was no point in waiting..If anyone wants the wonderful SegaSmashpack Romloader emu for DreamCast you can dowload it from this link SegaSmashpack Romloader. I hope everyone enjoys it!!

SeR is evil Guest

Yeah, NesterDC is full speed, but I mean, NES games should be nothing for the DC, what about all the other consoles or handhelds??

"And there is a newer version of DreamSnes out as well, besides the Christmas version"

I know, but it's not much faster or different (didn't all they do is just change that freakin song??? )

Most of my emulation revolves around the SNES and MAME (NOW that needs to be on the DC)

I guess it's my preference, give me ZNES over DreamSnes anyday

djesiret Guest
    Ahhhh! MAME on DC would be sweet! Imagine KOF or Fatal Fury on DC!

Yes, All marcus and them with DreamSNES did was change the song.

But you can put your own mp3's on DreamSNES if you wish :p