Okay, it finally came in the mail today, my Swap Magic discs. Unfortunately, I may have ordered the wrong set... I purchased the set of Swap Magic 3+ CODER 3.8 discs instead of 3.6. Anyway, it luckily does read them in my Playstation 2 despite my model version. But here's the problem... I insert the disc (DVD one works flawlessly, the CD one makes a slightly strange noise and takes a little longer to load.) and it loads up the program no problem. However, when I insert a burned DVD (In this case Final Fantasy XII.) and lock the tray again (Had to make a homemade swap tool, the one I got stuck with was for the V11-12 Models.) it starts loading it but after a few seconds returns to the PS2 menu before going to the red screen stating to put in a PS2 format disc. Irony too is that it even does this when swapping out the Swap Magic disc for a REAL PS2 NTSC disc. But if I insert the real PS2 disc into my PS2 without the Swap Magic disc it loads like normal.

I have a SCPH-50001 (V9 Model) Playstation 2 with the PS2 brand HDD installed. My Swap Magic 3 disc is the Swap Magic 3 + CODER DVD disc version 3.8 and I'm using Maxwell 4.7GB DVD-R discs burned at 1x speed using DVD Decrypter. Any idea as to why it's doing this? I'm hoping it's not because I'm using the 3.8 version on a V9 model. I tried searching the net regarding this but came to no avail, and the Swap Magic box states it works with ALL versions of the Playstation 2 up to the newer SCPH-70000+ series.

EDIT: Should also mention that my PS2 is a refurbished brand. I got it about 2 years ago but despite that I'd imagine it should still work with this version of Swap Magic even if any interior modifications were done.